Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Couldn't get past the jalapeños. Just weird. I like jalepenos but the after taste and spicy warmth just weren't what I wanted from a beer.

B38diYzCAAAsyTB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

GBBs new sour desperate mile isn't great, save your money

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

jsa112 wrote: »
    GBBs new sour desperate mile isn't great, save your money

It's not at all. Got a bottle of it tonight. Very disappointed with it's blandness

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

The sour is very lemony, I liked it. Hope they are gonna put that into some barrels to make it more interesting.

Next Door on South Circular had bottles of Siren Even More Jesus VIII, an imperial stout with liquorice. Really surprised how good this is, less than a fiver, someone could sell this for a tenner and get away with it esy. Also got a bottle of a barrel aged version of their lovely breakfast stout Broken Dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Have Dunnes not embraced the growing Craft beer market, or was that just my local outlet?

They don't have a brilliant selection but there are a few good-value options.

I got 2 Leann Follain, 1 Proper Job and 1 Trouble Brewing Sabotage in a four for a tenner deal in Dunnes (Galway) last week, so I was happy with that. They had Kinsale BIPA, Bru Ri and a few others in the deal also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Added some Powers John's Lane to the mix. Reckon it'll be an early night!!!! Serious stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I had a Mikkeller American Dream last night while watching 'Wild Tales', a great film. I was going to describe it as a fairly average IPA but I realise now that it's a lager. That changes everything, as it is really one of the most flavoursome lagers I've tried. No idea how much it cost but it probably isn't worth it when you can get cheaper IPAs that taste largely the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Rogue mocha porter.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Red Wolf

Having the new GBB Mile - unlike what others are saying I'm liking it a lot. Also picked up a 200 Fathoms and a few others for tasting.

They don't have a brilliant selection but there are a few good-value options.

I got 2 Leann Follain, 1 Proper Job and 1 Trouble Brewing Sabotage in a four for a tenner deal in Dunnes (Galway) last week, so I was happy with that. They had Kinsale BIPA, Bru Ri and a few others in the deal also.
    Oh damn it, I think perhaps I did see reference to a deal but didn't know it was a pick 'n mix.

Proper Job is absolutely lethal in my opinion, a few bottles and I'm as drunk as a boiled owl.

• Advertisement

I had a bottle of odell 5 barrel ipa with dinner, just finished a bottle of Maisels and friends Stefans ipa(not bad). Just opened a Maisels bavarian ale(fairly average).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Not much choice at home tonight, so having to do a bit of mix and match myself. Kinsale Black and Sheep Stealer followed by a couple of Woodchuck ciders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭flas

Anybody have the new st.mels seasonal yet? Spring bock?haven't got my hands on it yet but their beers have been solid up until now!

Yesterdays selection. I had the Boomerang which was just alright, don't think I'd get it again. The Kinnegar White Rabbit was rather lacking in depth and more lager than wheat. The GBB Desperate Mile was lovely, really lemony and bitter.

Also picked up a Beavertown Heavy Water which I'll be having tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, I also had the Boomerang. Only alright, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭WallsToTheBall

Had a Sabotage from Trouble Brewing last night, not bad, not great, has a strange kopperberg berryish tang to it, which is not disagreeable but not what I was looking for in an IPA.
    Also had Porterhouse 'Louder' barley wine, decent caramely, boozy stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Galway Hooker - 60 Knots. Nice but very motr.

8 Degrees - Polar Vortex on the otherhand is amazing. Really enjoyed that one. Best one out of the 3 recent 8 Degrees beers that I've tried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Red Wolf wrote: »
    Also picked up a Beavertown Heavy Water which I'll be having tonight

It's effing amazing beer.

So complex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

flas wrote: »
    Anybody have the new st.mels seasonal yet? Spring bock?haven't got my hands on it yet but their beers have been solid up until now!

yes, tasted it recently with the brewers present. It has an almost Rauchbier smokiness going on, now they were adamant that there is no smoked malt in it at all, but it's coming from somewhere.

It's an unusual beer in that sense, and if that is an off flavour and they fix it who knows what the non-faulty beer is like.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Had a few of the newer 8 degrees last night, failed to spot the abv of gasman rye ipa had an abv of 7.8 so would have picked up one had I known :). Unsurprisingly the quality of all three is top notch, the enigma is an interesting hop and would definitely drink again, but agree with BaZmo polar vortex is outstanding and maybe even their best effort to date imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

bottle of Brooklyn Black Ops for tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭CR 7

For the game I settled for some of the old reliable Leann Folláin, and a small drop of Żołądkowa Gorzka (not quite beer, but a gift from a Polish colleague).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,444 ✭✭✭Heroditas

BaZmO* wrote: »

8 Degrees - Polar Vortex on the otherhand is amazing. Really enjoyed that one. Best one out of the 3 recent 8 Degrees beers that I've tried.

Fantastic beer. One of the best on the market at moment, in my opinion

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I've 2 cans of Metalman in the fridge and 2 bottles of Amber Ella in the boot of the car. Long night with the match and Wrestlemania!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Growler of White Hag Chocolate Stout

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Had the james brown chocolate orange stout. Smelled really good(at the start, smells funky now), but its real flat, getting no chocolate or orange taste, strangely enough more of a licorice/jagermeister taste. Pretty sure this is going down the sink...And it will now be only the 3rd craft beer poured down the sink, in the esteemed company of Abstrakt 04 and a goose island sour. Truly dreadful

Dungarvan's rye ipa was bland and crap too, think I'm done with them

It's effing amazing beer.

So complex.

decided to put this on hold until this coming Friday. Had a TO Ol Final Frontier - as good as the last time I had one of these. Also tried a Hop Stupid for the first time. I've had hopier but this is very drinkable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I see this has arrived. Tried it at the beer fest but was a bit too gone to remember much. Won't be buying at that price http://mchughs.ie/search?q=Founders+KBS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Efes Turkish lager. Yes I'm well aware that the beer rating sites have panned it but it's my carbonated cheap piss of choice and I like it so you can sod off :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement