Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Craft Beer Festival - St.Patrick's Week

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

L1011 wrote: »
    I couldn't actually find the ATM - the modem for it was on the wall with all the warnings about staff having no access but the ATM itself wasn't there.

Something I've only remembered now - Rye River seemed to have sixteen taps on their stand and I could only recognise one as not being one of theirs (Innis & Gunn head on it). Definite case of needing to get one thing right first...

The ATM was on the way to the toilets by the front door. It was in its own little room. People were using it all weekend. Unless it was taken away between Saturday and Tuesday.

Rye River had a bunch of stuff that wasn't theirs. Two Innis & Gunn as well as 4 Coisbo taps. That still leaves 10 of their own beers, an impressive number. Trouble actually had more with 12 taps, two of which were cask hand pumps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,588 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Saruman wrote: »
    Rye River had a bunch of stuff that wasn't theirs. Two Innis & Gunn as well as 4 Coisbo taps. That still leaves 10 of their own beers, an impressive number. Trouble actually had more with 12 taps, two of which were cask hand pumps.

Trouble aren't considered to make an overly large variety of mediocre product though (the opposite, in fact)...

L1011 wrote: »
    Trouble aren't considered to make an overly large variety of mediocre product though (the opposite, in fact)...

Ah, I see where you are going with this ;)

I recall the days where 12 taps would constitute a beer festival. It wasn't that long ago either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Did Rye River have the same specials they had at the Alltech festival? The Brown, Berliner Weisse and DIPA were excellent there.

Are there plans to bottle and sell them as a new brand I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

lk67 wrote: »
    Did Rye River have the same specials they had at the Alltech festival? The Brown, Berliner Weisse and DIPA were excellent there.

None I believe yet, but a variation of the Brown is pouring in the 57th Headlines as "Old Grocers Brown"

lk67 wrote: »

They had the brown but not the DIPA* and I don't think they had the Berliner weisse.

*Shame as I missed it at Alltech.

oblivious wrote: »
    None I believe yet, but a variation of the Brown is pouring in the 57th Headlines as "Old Grocers Brown"

Thanks.

Another day trip to Dublin to be planned so!

Saruman wrote: »
    They had the brown but not the DIPA* and I don't think they had the Berliner weisse.

*Shame as I missed it at Alltech.

Thought they were all excellent as I say and hoped someone might have heard news as to their plans...

Maybe they were just showing off!

Advertisement