Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy tab s 10.5 €360 Currys

Options
  • 28-11-2014 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Have been looking at this tablet for a while. One of the best android tablets you can get. It's equivalent to £285 sterling which is far cheaper than I can find online. Also, you are buying from currys so no hassle with returns.

I was going to collect it in-store, but when I reserved it was costing me €399. It seems the extra 40 discount advertised on the web is only for buying online and getting home delivery. They don't mention that though.

http://www.currys.ie/Product/samsung-galaxy-tab-s-105-tablet-bronze/322442/7.18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Seriously considering this, looks a good deal and the reviews of it are very good. Anyone have any experience with it or would they recommend/not recommend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ikomj

Got one when they came out in US - so have been using it for about 5 months - would give it highest recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kgarvey

Been looking at this Tablet for a while... I got it for €360 in store. €100 off for black Friday and another €40 off any Android over €299 I think it was.

I also got the 2 years cover for €99 which covers for anything. Broken screen viruses anything.

There was another deal added to. Make anti virus plus 1 year cloud storage for €30 extra with the tablet. Normally mc afee is €99 and cloud storage is €40. Anti virus can be installed on as many devices as you wish.

So I'm completely covered for less than I was going to okay for tablet. My total was €488.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Daith

Thanks OP.

Took the plunge and treated myself to one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

I also ordered online after seeing the 399 in store. If I'd known they'd honour the 359 price I would have picked it up instead. Much handier. Though online orders allow opened returns for any reason so it can be used in case if dead pixels.

I might check in the shop after work though, perhaps they could cancel the online order for me.

It looks like they're sold out for online orders now, still showing stock in stores but still quoting the 399 then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

I also ordered online after seeing the 399 in store. If I'd known they'd honour the 359 price I would have picked it up instead. Much handier. Though online orders allow opened returns for any reason so it can be used in case if dead pixels.

I might check in the shop after work though, perhaps they could cancel the online order for me.

It looks like they're sold out for online orders now, still showing stock in stores but still quoting the 399 then.

I printed a screenshot showing the 360 quote and went into the store. I told them I had one reserved but explained it changed to 399 (not 360 as shown in my printout) after I reserved it. It was 399 on their system but he said they would honor it. I just needed to email websales@currys.ie to cancel the one I actually bought online.

So I have it in my hands right now! :D:D Can I wait until Christmas day to open it?? Tough one..

Thanks, I'll try the same! I see my online order is still pending. Did they cancel it right away when you sent the email? I'd hate to get stuck with two if they don't do it in time :) Though I suppose I could just return the other one.

Thanks, I'll try the same! I see my online order is still pending. Did they cancel it right away when you sent the email? I'd hate to get stuck with two if they don't do it in time :) Though I suppose I could just return the other one.

Actually, the guy in the shop told me to ring the Currys 1890 number to cancel. But when I rang it, it sends you through to the English center - the guy there told me they don't have access to the Irish sales, so I should just email them.

Sent them an email a couple of hours ago but the online order still says "Pending". I'll send another later to make sure. They are probably up the walls busy. Will write back here when I get more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Brandaan

All, this promotion was very poorly handled with conflicting stories of whether the extra 40 euro would be honored in-store or not. I got the "40 euro is not applicable for instore pick-up" story on Friday - went to order online in the evening only for the product to be sold out. Went back to the store on Saturday with screenshots, as according to their website Ts&Cs "2. Any online promotions/offers will be applied to your order in store when you collect your item(s)." as per http://www.currys.ie/content/Order-online-and-collect-in-store/1969
    I convinced floor manager (same guy as the day before) and bought the tab for the 359.99 (staff member showed me the laminated 40 euro off discount barcode sheet at the till which should have been applied the day before), only for a quite bizarre sequence of events culminating in the store manager physically taking back (stealing) the tab, which I had paid for and owned, and insisting I accept a full refund as list price had gone back to 489.99 and the way the discount had been applied meant I "was now responsible for someone losing their job and do I want that to happen".
    It took several requests for my property to be returned to me and me insisting I would call the gardai for theft for the tab to be returned to me.
    I am giving Currys the opportunity to apologise to me.
    All this is all down to poor staff training as per the conflicting reports on this thread.
    Happy I got the tab at such a great price but this has really left a bad aftertaste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

The McAfee anti-virus app for tablet is free on the app store, which is something they fail to tell you but handy if you need it for other laptops/devices
    kgarvey wrote: »
    Been looking at this Tablet for a while... I got it for €360 in store. €100 off for black Friday and another €40 off any Android over €299 I think it was.

I also got the 2 years cover for €99 which covers for anything. Broken screen viruses anything.

There was another deal added to. Make anti virus plus 1 year cloud storage for €30 extra with the tablet. Normally mc afee is €99 and cloud storage is €40. Anti virus can be installed on as many devices as you wish.

So I'm completely covered for less than I was going to okay for tablet. My total was €488.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ptyloch

My order is still pending, with no delivery date available. Anyone else in the same boat?
    Do ye think there's a chance of them fulfilling this order?

ptyloch wrote: »
    My order is still pending, with no delivery date available. Anyone else in the same boat?

Same here, still pending. I think they're just backlogged, I'm sure there's been a lot of orders.

I don't see why they wouldn't fulfill it, it was a legitimate offer, no mistaken price or anything, considering the offer was also valid in store (albeit with some confusion as to the extra 40 euro off)

My online order is now at "Processing" - even though I have emailed them twice to cancel it! Will mail them again. I'd say they are just mad busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I got a call from them on Saturday just to confirm my order as it had been flagged for security reasons (I had a different billing address to my delivery address).

They said the order would be fulfilled and delivered early this week.

I got a call from them on Saturday just to confirm my order as it had been flagged for security reasons (I had a different billing address to my delivery address).

They said the order would be fulfilled and delivered early this week.

What's your online order status? It says on the email "This order is subject to availability." so that's what's worrying me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

What's your online order status? It says on the email "This order is subject to availability." so that's what's worrying me.

My order is showing as "processing". Hopefully no issues with the order as it's my Christmas present!!

Mine also just went to processing (it was pending up until now) so I think it's fine! I assume they just have to work through them to approve them one by one, a lot of webshops have a person looking at them before processing so they can filter out the obvious 'dodgy' orders.

Just got an email from DPD saying tablet was dispatched and money was taken from bank! After several emails to cancel the order!

Typical, sometimes you can't get good offers and now I have one I don't want! I assume I can just drop this one back to a store?

ripcord wrote: »
    Just got an email from DPD saying tablet was dispatched and money was taken from bank! After several emails to cancel the order!

Typical, sometimes you can't get good offers and now I have one I don't want! I assume I can just drop this one back to a store?

According to their website, you can.

Mine is still processing by the way, hope it'll be sent soon too!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Brandaan

My advice: sell it on adverts.ie - you should be able to make at least 50 euro off it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

I saw the deal on Friday at about 10 am and placed the order then, mine is still showing as processing too

Still processing, 3rd working day... anxiety setting in!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

If only I had the money...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Daith

Likewise! :o

Same here, still processing... I thought they'd said early this week?

Same here, still processing... I thought they'd said early this week?
    They must have a different idea of early than most of us. My order is till not showing a delivery date.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Twiggy69

ripcord wrote: »

I'll save you the trouble...€360 cash to hand for anyone with an 'unwanted' item. I drove to 3 stores Friday afternoon because each was showing up stock in the other stores and the bastardos would not reserve on for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

I mailed the websales email address on monday but still havnt gotten a reply from them, so I wasted 10 minutes on the phone to customer service to be told they cant see irish orders and to mail the websales email address :)

5500 wrote: »
    I mailed the websales email address on monday but still havnt gotten a reply from them, so I wasted 10 minutes on the phone to customer service to be told they cant see irish orders and to mail the websales email address :)

Yep, same story here, tried callin the 2 stores in Limerick, no answer. I'm getting worried they could be under siege by zombies and that's why they won't answer.

• Advertisement

Oh oh....

It looks like you might be on to something:

If you look on their Facebook page there's lots of angry comments from customers about cancelled black friday orders due to unexpected demand. Seems to be only iPods when it comes to the comments I've seen but it doesn't look good :( Apparently they are cancelling some orders. And they haven't issued refunds yet either according to those comments.

However one point of light is that I have read on another forum that Apple is exceptionally uptight about special price offers, they must approve them and are very strict with the maximum number of items that may be sold.. That may not be the case for Samsung. So it could be that they're legally required to cancel those Apple orders.

I really regret not just picking one up in store for the 35 euro more...

Advertisement