Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC's mobile offering

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭bromley52

• Registered Users Posts: 12 owen09

Yeh upc are being rebranded as Virgin media so the network will run through them and off the three network, so it make take some time for 4G offer but it will come.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

bromley52 wrote: »

i wonder does this open the door for kryptview and the likes!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    i wonder does this open the door for kryptview and the likes!

no it's just a name change afterall

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Probably accompanied by a price hike of 15% as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

I finally got the call today and sim is on the way. I need to decide now whether Tesco is a better deal or not as I don't imagine a huge amount of data use, which is still 3G only for time being

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What is UPC's deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Is it sim only or do they offer handsets? Need a new phone and out of contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,792 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Their deals aren't yet out to the public as far as I know..

This is from the order confirmation. They make a BIG deal of how I was selected as a valued UPC customer, and that it's not available other to those specifically invited, though I don't know how true that really is.
    They called me yesterday afternoon, and the sim came by courier today

Your Mobile Price Plan and Billing information:
    Your order includes:

Offer: Voice and Data IE
    Plan: UPC Mobile Loyalty
    It contains:
    UPC Mobile Loyalty - Voice Unlimited
    UPC Mobile Loyalty - Text Unlimited
    UPC Mobile Loyalty - Data Unlimited
    Your discount is called: €15 Off MRC until October 18th 2015
    It includes: €15 off until October 18th 2015

The total price of your subscription is €0 per month, including your discount. Once your discount period ends on October 18th 2015 your subscription price per month will change to €15. All prices shown are inclusive of VAT.
    For any usage outside of your Mobile Price Plan (outlined above) you will be charged at the rates which can be found online. This can include national, international, roaming calls, texts and data. More information.
    http://www.upc.ie/content/dam/www-upc-ie/pdf/callrates/standard_upc_mobile_rates.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

A friend of mine has been using UPC mobile for about 4 weeks now, he's had a few problems on and off at the start with no signal and the network been down on a few occasions, he's in Waterford City, oh and he hasn't got any 4G despite Waterford City having decent 4G coverage from Three.

They specifically told me that 4G is not yet enabled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

ID mobile are the only vmno that are on 4g with 3 so far. hopefully the rest will follow soon.

Advertisement