Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015/16 Cups and other Pay Leagues/H2Hs

Options
  • 28-08-2015 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭

Been meaning to for a while, but not had time, to create a thread (as we had that last couple of years) to follow the various third party cups we tend to be in. As there are a few of us who have made the big step cross channel, flying the FSA flag in some pay leagues in particular the Moolah League and H2H I thought I'd include that in the coverage (I'd like to see how dahat, Zarquon and others got on without having to look it up #lazy).

And of course we have the Premier Irish pay league, the Finn Harps League and Champions League which many FSA heads are in.

Later we'll also have the Official FPL Cup and a few FFS Cups and so on.

To kick of this is the first Matchday in the Finn Harps Champions League with 64 teams starting the quest towards a single prize of €1,000. The Groups Draw and match schedule is on the link below. Not sure of the names, but I believe there are already FSA derbies in some groups.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vq4p8iiy740nyh2/ff%20champions%20league%20group%20stage%20draw.pdf?dl=0

I'm in Group 8 with three lads I've never heard of. My opponent this week had a very impressive history. 3 seasons. Lowest finish 3,614!! Highest 831. English FFS regular from the look of his leagues. A sign of the popularity of this competition!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

3/3 in the Moolah league. I believe you need to come top 8 and then it's straight knockout.
    When does FSA League Cup start again?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

3/3 in the Moolah league. I believe you need to come top 8 and then it's straight knockout.
    When does FSA League Cup start again?

What's the FSA League Cup again??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I'm in group 6. Good luck!

I believe i see dahat and harpstilidie in Group 5 and facing off this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

FHFC wrote: »
    What's the FSA League Cup again??

It's a cup competition that CSF runs for all the entries into the FSA H2Hs and the qualifying league. He started it in GW 13 last year so should be similiar this year

I regret not being in the Finn Harps Champions League now but i think i've overdosed on leagues and competitions this year so it's probably for the best.

• Advertisement

zarquon wrote: »
    It's a cup competition that CSF runs for all the entries into the FSA H2Hs and the qualifying league. He started it in GW 13 last year so should be similiar this year

I have practically no memory of this!! Musta done crap last year. :)

I have practically no memory of this!! Musta done crap last year. :)

I remember it well as the winner ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93211209

Just had a gander and Lemlin beat you in the 4th round

Ah, still a while to go for that then

My Moolah h2h opponent this week triple captained Silva GW1, took a 48 point hit GW2, wildcarded GW3 (and didn't get Aguero) and is on -8 so far this GW.

I'm gonna lose amn't I!!

My Moolah h2h opponent this week triple captained Silva GW1, took a 48 point hit GW2, wildcarded GW3 (and didn't get Aguero) and is on -8 so far this GW.

I'm gonna lose amn't I!!

If you lose that you need to retire. :D. I lost the first moolah H2H to a guy who just scraped a win thanks to Yaya's phantom goal. Sickened.

On a more positive note it's very strange that Edgbaston did not join the H2H there. I imagine that he wasn't aware that his fee also included entry to the H2H competition.

I reckon the H2H there will be tight as the standard is so low that there is only a handful of games that will be the real differentiators.

• Advertisement

zarquon wrote: »
    If you lose that you need to retire. :D. I lost the first moolah H2H to a guy who just scraped a win thanks to Yaya's phantom goal. Sickened.

On a more positive note it's very strange that Edgbaston did not join the H2H there. I imagine that he wasn't aware that his fee also included entry to the H2H competition.

I reckon the H2H there will be tight as the standard is so low that there is only a handful of games that will be the real differentiators.

I lost gw1 by 1 point. Worst thing was i thought I'd won by a point as looked at it before Kompany's 2 bonus were added. 2/2 since.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I'm gonna lose amn't I!!

I played him the week he took a -48. Just about scrope through.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I believe i see dahat and harpstilidie in Group 5 and facing off this week!

Yep and I'm a -8 due to classic knee jerk. Handy first win for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Finn Harps Champs league started this week, I've opened with a narrow victory over one of the current high flyers in the league. Delighted with that after a very average week of 43 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Finn Harps Champs league started this week, I've opened with a narrow victory over one of the current high flyers in the league. Delighted with that after a very average week of 43 points.

I've won aswell. Me against you next right?

Hard fought CL win too against a very illustrious opponent.

Won my Moolah H2H too so don't begrudge CSF the FSA Prem win!

First Moolah loss for me. The hit and Targett+Amavi combo sunk me

Finn Harps League Cup Round 1 will be in GW5.

If you are currently in the top 40 you have a bye to Round 2. The other 176 play Round 1. Draw will be made shortly.

Thats CSF and myself through. See yis in Round 2 suckers!

If you are currently in the top 40 you have a bye to Round 2. The other 176 play Round 1. Draw will be made shortly.

Great bunch of lads!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

My lads need the extra game things are starting to click for them ☺

• Advertisement

My lads need the extra game things are starting to click for them ☺

Ya won't be saying that when some lad triple captaining Jagielka knocks ya out!! :)

Cups and h2h games against dodgy casual players are risky early season as the blow their chips!

Ya won't be saying that when some lad triple captaining Jagielka knocks ya out!! :)

Cups and h2h games against dodgy casual players are risky early season as the blow their chips!

Will be nice to let the lads have the weekend off to spend with their families in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

https://twitter.com/FPLAcademyCup/status/637948201711108096

Might interest some of ye here.

The name "Boards FSA" is taken btw ;)

https://twitter.com/FPLAcademyCup/status/637948201711108096

Might interest some of ye here.

The name "Boards FSA" is taken btw ;)

Anyone for a Harps team? harpstilidie. Finnharpsboy. AidySevenfold. Spring to mind.

Anyone for a Harps team? harpstilidie. Finnharpsboy. AidySevenfold. Spring to mind.
    I thought we were friends :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Former "Anti-Ramsey Brigade" members assemble....

CSF wrote: »
    I thought we were friends :(

Ah, but those lads are my brothers. ;)

You'd feck up having an epic Harps related team name.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

If your happy for me to drag us down count me in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Reporting for duty

• Advertisement

Holla holla

Advertisement