Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl FTA Receivers Dec 30th - €70

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭saphire

Thanks Velcrow, but I don't think that's my problem, I have experienced what u describe above and have received the same message on screen that u were getting ie the message "signal is weak". My problem is that on some channels my tv screen goes completely blank (and all hazy or snowy for want of a better word). Its as if the tv is getting no signal at all from the receiver, but yet the receiver is still showing the two leds lit. ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Sounds like may be a receiver fault, if its a lnb, alignment or cable fauly you generally get no pictiure, pixellation (liitle blocks) or broken up sound.

saphire wrote:
    Thanks Velcrow, but I don't think that's my problem, I have experienced what u describe above and have received the same message on screen that u were getting ie the message "signal is weak". My problem is that on some channels my tv screen goes completely blank (and all hazy or snowy for want of a better word). Its as if the tv is getting no signal at all from the receiver, but yet the receiver is still showing the two leds lit. ?

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

2. to connect up new Lidl Comag receiver (new cabling etc.)
    Hi,

Do you know if Lidl are still doing that FTA Sat receiver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Darby OGill

It reappears as one of their "specials" every six months or so- although another thread suggests that one store has dishes on sale again. Always check the twice weekly specials!

It's a great receiver for the money.

Thanks for the replies, my receiver is working fine now it must have been something i was doing to it.
    Can i get a further bit of advice please.
    I want to to have a set up in which we can look at tv in 3 different rooms and also to be able to look at different stations at the same time.
    To do this i persume i'll need a receiver in each room and a quad lnb. Am i right, and if so can you get a quad lnb which is suitable for the lidl dish, the ones i've seen advertised refer to the sky mini dish.
    Finally the satellite cable i was sold is identified as RG6 is this good enough or would ye recommend i get the ct100 stuff. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Quad and even 8 way LNBs can be obtained for standard 40mm holders of dishes such as the LIDL dish, however the arm is a bit weak on the LIDL dish so I reckon a dual LNB is as much as they would take without problems. I suspect that the arm would be inclined either to be pulled downwards or be more prone to shaking from even a moderate breeze if a bulkier quad LNB was used. Of course you could go and fortify the arm to compensate.

thanks duridian,
    i'll have a think about my best option in that case, i may go for a better/stronger dish along with the quad lnb.

Advertisement