Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

But I've nowhere else to turn. This is all being done on the medical card cos I genuinely have no money to put towards my mental health

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

@Hersheys get back on them, I missed mine for a few days and started feeling the effect and literally though the same as you, try them for a few weeks and see how things go

Haven't posted on here in ages, I've kinda stopped using boards I go though phases, I'm noticed myself starting to drop moodwise lately I've no idea why but I've noticed that is coming to the end of the year and I feel I haven't done a lot to change my life I know what I'd like to do but just seem to be finding excuses to not to make a difference. Thinking about it I've actually missed posting here and sharing with everyone here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Hersheys wrote: »
    :(

I just don't see the point tbh. I am really bad at the mo, meds aren't helping. Only thing that numbs the pain is benzos but I know they're not a long term option. People in "real life" don't understand. Nobody in my family knows, as in I haven't told them. But of course they know as they're nosy & have found my meds. They make snide indirect comments about my "happy pills" & whenever a mental health ad/issue is on the tv/radio they say how weak people are if they have mental health issues.

To make matters worse I've had to change my medical team - new doctor, new counsellor & they're making me go to a psych - my old dudes understood & kept me under control and on an even keel. Now I'm just in bits.
    cloud493 wrote: »
    Haven't been having a good time. The only socializing I do is the pokemon league on Tuesday. Other than that, I hurt my thigh on wednesday, still burning.

I think that both of you would be of great help and support to each other if you were living anywhere near each other.
    Hersheys, talk to your family and try get them to understand how you are feeling, cause from where I'm standing, your family seem to have a bigger problem than you have. This is a serioul problem, anything got to do with mental health, and I cant understand why your family would be acting like this.
    cloud, find out how far away you both are from each other, and if its too far away that neither or you can travel, then swap numbers and engage in conversation with each other, help each other, and sorry to hear that you hurt yourself. Take care and keep posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I didn't think what I did was that bad, it didn't seem it by normal standards. but its been burning all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Feeling a bit flat and stuff but haven't really been eating and have dropped nearly 6kg in the past week. Will probably need to get another lithium level done with the weight loss and will need to talk to my doctor about it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

nesf wrote: »
    Feeling a bit flat and stuff but haven't really been eating and have dropped nearly 6kg in the past week. Will probably need to get another lithium level done with the weight loss and will need to talk to my doctor about it anyway.

Wow, that's a hell of a lot to lose in a week. How do you feel with the lack of food?

@Hersheys: Please take your medication, you might not see it at the moment but it's the frame of mind you're in, I've been there myself.

flyswatter wrote: »
    Wow, that's a hell of a lot to lose in a week. How do you feel with the lack of food?

A bit weak, I'm not good for much activity really. I look very pale and wasted. I'm hardly ever hungry though and when I am I'm sated very quickly. Definitely chat to the doctor time.

I have an appt with my counsellor this week, I'll try tell her about my meds. But tbh I genuinely don't see the point. I've many health problems & none of my meds are working. Why bother?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,071 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Over the last week or so, I've realised that I'm bipolar at a lower level.

At the moment, I'm in a high. I can't sit still, can barely concentrate, I haven't eaten in a day. Barely slept last night, just couldn't wait to get up again. I actually felt this coming on on Saturday during the day, there was a spark in my body and I just got this massive energy surge. All of a sudden, I was more extroverted than usual and literally bouncing off the walls.

This came after a week where I'd been really tired, sleeping a lot and just feeling very bored in general.

I have been thinking about going back to counselling, so I can keep an eye on it.

I told my family about all this yesterday and they were really receptive, I thought the stigma might make it awkward but I guess given our family history, they were very supportive and helpful. I'm sorry that other people out there are having trouble getting their family to understand.

Hope all's going well.

My GP is seeing me immediately and made me make an appointment with my psychiatrist for the earliest opportunity. Apart from the weight loss I'm not doing too bad, my mood isn't that low etc but eh, I'm not going to argue with my doctor about it.

• Advertisement

I'm waiting for a doctor to ring me back. Really need to stop this.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

a word to the wise people taking effexor...Do not drink with these Im in excrucitating pain mentally and physically ive finally learned my lesson I Feel like im gonna faint all the time.

I Really must re=register needing support right now
    ASHBLAG

When will it end............

I'm waiting for a doctor to ring me back. Really need to stop this.

And when you see the doctor face to face, tell him/her everything that you told us. You really need to stop what?

Stop the bad thoughts, stop the side effects from coming off the meds... I know I should just go back on them, but I'm really scared :(

Stop the bad thoughts, stop the side effects from coming off the meds... I know I should just go back on them, but I'm really scared :(

If taking the meds stops the bad thoughts, would'nt it be worth taking them? How about comedy, do ya like comedy, theres plenty around, especially utube. Have ya a good sense of humour, I have. I remember one night I was watching this comedian on telly and I was in stitches laughing. My wife says to me, you have a great sense of humour, I said to her, I must have, I married you.:):)

When they increased my meds I had really bad thoughts. I also cut myself. I don't want to risk those thoughts again by going back on them :(

I love comedy, and I (apparently) have a wicked sense of humour. Everyone in work tells me so. I love to laugh, I am always watching youtube clips - mock the week, HIGNFY & then stand-up also. But laughing doesn't always raise my spirits :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

[Quote=Hersheys;

I love comedy, and I (apparently) have a wicked sense of humour. Everyone in work tells me so. I love to laugh, I am always watching youtube clips - mock the week, HIGNFY & then stand-up also. But laughing doesn't always raise my spirits :([/Quote]

Can't wait for Mario Rosenstock tonight. Need a good belly laugh!

When they increased my meds I had really bad thoughts. I also cut myself. I don't want to risk those thoughts again by going back on them :(

I love comedy, and I (apparently) have a wicked sense of humour. Everyone in work tells me so. I love to laugh, I am always watching youtube clips - mock the week, HIGNFY & then stand-up also. But laughing doesn't always raise my spirits :(

Please dont cut yourself and do Please tell the doctor about this, especially. Thats not good.
    On the comedy front, lee evans and john bishop crack me up. As a matter of fact, I'm listening to john bishop at the moment.

I will tell her when she rings. It's not something that I want to do, I think it's linked to the meds.

I find Lee Evans very annoying but love John Bishop. Dara O'Briain is one funny man too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I will tell her when she rings. It's not something that I want to do, I think it's linked to the meds.

I find Lee Evans very annoying but love John Bishop. Dara O'Briain is one funny man too.

Do you know she will be ringing you for definite?

• Advertisement

flyswatter wrote: »

Do you know she will be ringing you for definite?
    Receptionist today said she'd ring in the morning. Gotta take her at her word and trust her if I'm to trust her to medicate me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Receptionist today said she'd ring in the morning. Gotta take her at her word and trust her if I'm to trust her to medicate me.

Make sure they know that its urgent. Hard to say it, but means they know its serious

neemish wrote: »

Make sure they know that its urgent. Hard to say it, but means they know its serious
    If I don't hear back by 10 ill ring and remind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 marcanthony1

Give yourself credit, You are courageous to talk about how you feel, good on you...and I hope you know now there are people you can talk to...Depression indeed can be a long and lonely road and I would never try to say I understand how it is for someone else! I want to tell you a little story.... please bear with me...there is a reason for telling you...during my twenty years of depression I couldn't forgive God for putting me on this earth! I always felt an emptiness, hopelessness and deep sadness and anxiety!! and as part of my search, in order to feel "at home" and "fulfilled", after some really bad ones and some time locked up, I eventually found a Councillor [MIACP] who did "father-son" relationship counseling. After more than two years with him I feel happy now and fulfilled. Please understand I don't mean to gloat or sound arrogant, I think you will find your way, don't be afraid to look and continue looking and searching for fulfillment and that sense of relaxation and feeling at ease. It may cost you some money but I think you will know deep down if you find a therapist who is genuinely "with you" on your journey... my best wishes....M

Give yourself credit, You are courageous to talk about how you feel, good on you...and I hope you know now there are people you can talk to...Depression indeed can be a long and lonely road and I would never try to say I understand how it is for someone else! I want to tell you a little story.... please bear with me...there is a reason for telling you...during my twenty years of depression I couldn't forgive God for putting me on this earth! I always felt an emptiness, hopelessness and deep sadness and anxiety!! and as part of my search, in order to feel "at home" and "fulfilled", after some really bad ones and some time locked up, I eventually found a Councillor [MIACP] who did "father-son" relationship counseling. After more than two years with him I feel happy now and fulfilled. Please understand I don't mean to gloat or sound arrogant, I think you will find your way, don't be afraid to look and continue looking and searching for fulfillment and that sense of relaxation and feeling at ease. It may cost you some money but I think you will know deep down if you find a therapist who is genuinely "with you" on your journey... my best wishes....M

I had the most incredible therapist but I needed to move for work & it's now a 2.5 hour drive to the therapist & the doctor. Both were on my side, always listened, knew my thoughts better than me. I was in such a good place... Then I moved & now I'm back below square 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Insomnia. Not a minute of sleep last night. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

For the first time in about 18 months I have locked myself into the toilet (at work, not home) and cried, and cried and cried.

Bollocks, was hoping to have had this under control. Been feeling it coming, in the past 2/3 weeks.

Back again. Bloody silly tears. Work colleague knows that something is up, surprisingly, as I don't know her that well. Could be that I am not so good at hiding it anymore, it's been so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Back again. Bloody silly tears. Work colleague knows that something is up, surprisingly, as I don't know her that well. Could be that I am not so good at hiding it anymore, it's been so long.

Don't worry about hiding it. The puffy crying eyes might be a give away :p easy to put on a brave face but can't hide that easily. I'm assuming you're a man without the benefit of make up :pac: Can you go home early?

My mood is great but my anxiety is out of whack for some reason! Called into the doctors clinic to make an appointment and they had a few cancellations and are seeing me right away! Never happened me before! Just waiting now :)

• Advertisement

Don't worry about hiding it. The puffy crying eyes might be a give away :p easy to put on a brave face but can't hide that easily. I'm assuming you're a man without the benefit of make up :pac: Can you go home early?

My mood is great but my anxiety is out of whack for some reason! Called into the doctors clinic to make an appointment and they had a few cancellations and are seeing me right away! Never happened me before! Just waiting now :)

I wish that I could go home early. Might trip over to the doctor, across the road though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement