Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

£1/2m on a Plate

Options
2»

Comments

drdre wrote:
    i donot know how people can fork out so much money. here if u want a number plate to ur spec its only 350 yoyos. eg 06-d-69:D

Funny enough I saw this reg on a RAV 4 today with big custom alloys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

ronoc wrote:
    Funny enough I saw this reg on a RAV 4 today with big custom alloys.
    my dads friend has the 05 db9 on his aston martin.it does look nice and flashy.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

drdre wrote:
    ah i would think there would be alot of people interested in those type plates.my uncle is trying to get 07 d 777, and there is loads of people after that number.its just what people are into.

As I've said before, some people do go for it. For most people, though, that kind of a plate is pretty tacky. The effect is somewhat similar to that of an aftermarket body kit - it limits the car's appeal, thus making it harder to sell.

On Guernsey, I seen a 911 Turbo with the plate "911"

Its the best ive seen.

S.

most of the 911's have these plates with 911 in it.also same as ferrari.most of them have 430, 360 and now des cullen has one 06 d 4300.

but as alan says that some people think they are tacky.but i donot believe that the car would be hard to sell because of that.if thats the case why do all exotic, performance cars eg aston martin and ferrari have these plates:rolleyes: ,.but thats his own opinion

drdre wrote:
    but as alan says that some people think they are tacky.but i donot believe that the car would be hard to sell because of that.if thats the case why do all exotic, performance cars eg aston martin and ferrari have these plates:rolleyes: ,.but thats his own opinion

They don't all have them. I think you're missing the point here somewhat. It doesn't matter whether you or I love them or hate them - the fact is that a Golf with the plate 06 G71 will be harder to sell than one with a normal plate. Any dealership will factor the possibility that the car might be clogging up their forecourt for a while into their trade-in price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Nermal

on the north circular road i once saw 04 D 4 on a jag

Nermal wrote:
    on the north circular road i once saw 04 D 4 on a jag

whats so good about that.:rolleyes: .

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That "X1" reg will really come in handy if BMW ever release a hugely overpriced Suzuki Jimny rival based on the 1 series......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

Saw 00 D 166 on a very nice Alfa 166 today.

:D i seen 2 ferrari f430's one with reg 05 d 430 and the other 06 d 4300.
    it really flashes out on a car like that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

Ha, I just saw 05 D 430 last week!

IrishRover wrote:
    Ha, I just saw 05 D 430 last week!
    i know the guy that used to own that,

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭mrbungle

Saw a White GTI last week, 06-G-71 5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Anan1 wrote:
    They don't all have them. I think you're missing the point here somewhat. It doesn't matter whether you or I love them or hate them - the fact is that a Golf with the plate 06 G71 will be harder to sell than one with a normal plate. Any dealership will factor the possibility that the car might be clogging up their forecourt for a while into their trade-in price.

I dont agree. A plate like that would be like an extra on the car. There is no doubt it adds to the car. If these type of plates are so bad on a car then why are personalised plated in England going for so much? Same thing. I hate cars that are done up tacky but that Golf is cool. I see it was sold today too.

kc66 wrote:
    I dont agree. A plate like that would be like an extra on the car. There is no doubt it adds to the car. If these type of plates are so bad on a car then why are personalised plated in England going for so much? Same thing. I hate cars that are done up tacky but that Golf is cool. I see it was sold today too.

Because UK personalised plates can be sold independently of the car. Let's say I'm in the market for a GTI in the UK and I find one with the plate 06G71. I might find the plate tacky, but I can sell it to someone who likes it and still enjoy the car. Someone selling such a car in Ireland, however, has to find a buyer for his car who also likes the plate. The seller, therefore, is fishing in a far smaller pool of potential buyers.

Advertisement