Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rate My Team thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

My Team now is

jaaskalinen
    Begovic

Baines
    Vertonghen
    Cuellar
    Mccartney
    Nelsen

Mata
    Gervinho
    Bale
    Michu
    Fellaini

VPersie
    Fletcher
    Crouch

Opinions?

Looks a ~65 point gameweek for you, mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Have 2 free transfers this week and not sure whether I'll even make a transfer... got 67 last week and into the top 8,000 - don't really want to tinker with it just for the sake of it.

2lx836d.jpg

Not sure what Demel's injury is but he's still the best value in the <4.5m price range so no point subbing him out.

I could shift Tevez but City have a good run and he played a full GW. I guess I could do Tevez -> Ba...

Really want to fit Sterling into the team but not sure who to drop?

Captain choice is pot luck this week, it's anybody's guess who will get points. Any of my strike force or midfield is a good shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

roryc wrote: »
    Have 2 free transfers this week and not sure whether I'll even make a transfer... got 67 last week and into the top 8,000 - don't really want to tinker with it just for the sake of it.

2lx836d.jpg

Not sure what Demel's injury is but he's still the best value in the <4.5m price range so no point subbing him out.

I could shift Tevez but City have a good run and he played a full GW. I guess I could do Tevez -> Ba...

Really want to fit Sterling into the team but not sure who to drop?

Captain choice is pot luck this week, it's anybody's guess who will get points. Any of my strike force or midfield is a good shout.

Thats almost my team... Bar I have Snodgrass for Nolan and few different defenders..

I also have 2 free transfers this week... Was thinking of getting rid of Tevez too! For Torres if possible...

thewools wrote: »
    Thats almost my team... Bar I have Snodgrass for Nolan and few different defenders..

I also have 2 free transfers this week... Was thinking of getting rid of Tevez too! For Torres if possible...

Yeh that would be the obvious switch if I could afford it, 0.7 short though. Don't really want to change anywhere else in my team.

Starting to wonder if RVP is overpriced though, 13.2m tied up there. Could save 5m by downgrading to Ba, which would be much needed funds for the rest of the team.

Hopefully he gets a ban for yesterdays antics and we can all get rid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Howard Webb apparently said there was nothing in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Yeh that would be the obvious switch if I could afford it, 0.7 short though. Don't really want to change anywhere else in my team.

Starting to wonder if RVP is overpriced though, 13.2m tied up there. Could save 5m by downgrading to Ba, which would be much needed funds for the rest of the team.

fa said today rvp,tiote and huth wont be charged...

Ah ok... I could always do Tevez/McAuley for Torres + 4.6m defender. Wilson or Wisdom seem to be my best options, although I'm not sure if Wisdom is a long term prospect?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Ah ok... I could always do Tevez/McAuley for Torres + 4.6m defender. Wilson or Wisdom seem to be my best options, although I'm not sure if Wisdom is a long term prospect?

I posted in the other thread about this. I have a pretty similar team to you and was planning on using my transfers to change Hazard/Tevez to Mata/Aguero.

Would you not be worried about getting rid of your last City representative with their nice run of fixtures?

John83 wrote: »
    I posted in the other thread about this. I have a pretty similar team to you and was planning on using my transfers to change Hazard/Tevez to Mata/Aguero.

Would you not be worried about getting rid of your last City representative with their nice run of fixtures?

Yes... coupled with the fact that Chelsea have Spurs, United and Liverpool in their next 4 games.

Decisions, decisions...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Just a reminder, but the maximum free transfers is 2. If you currently have 2 and dont use one before the next gameweek you will still only have two for the gameweek after that. Not 3.

Just mentioning it because someone on another thread thought it was a 3 free transfer max.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Hi There!

Need some feedback/opinions on my next fantasy football move...

My current squad:

Jussi | Begovic

A.Cole | Cuellar | Demel | Clyne | Harte

Kagawa | Hazard | YaYa | Michu | Kacaniklic

Van Persie | Tevez | Berbatov

For the next GW I saved 1 transfer (0.9 in bank), so… what say you?

Option A

Tevez – Ba
    Harte – Rafael

Option B

Tevez – Defoe
    Harte – Lescott

Any other suggestions are most welcome!
    Thanks in advance!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

bezuaua wrote: »
    Hi There!

Need some feedback/opinions on my next fantasy football move...

My current squad:

Jussi | Begovic

A.Cole | Cuellar | Demel | Clyne | Harte

Kagawa | Hazard | YaYa | Michu | Kacaniklic

Van Persie | Tevez | Berbatov

For the next GW I saved 1 transfer (0.9 in bank), so… what say you?

Option A

Tevez – Ba
    Harte – Rafael

Option B

Tevez – Defoe
    Harte – Lescott

Any other suggestions are most welcome!
    Thanks in advance!!
    id get rid of kagawa maybe for walters and move in rafael for harte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Kags to Santi imho, Arsenal have 2 tasty fixtures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

after a great start I've seen 2 crappy GWs drop me way down the rankings so it's wildcard time.

Jaask is the only survivor from GW1 and i've kept Santi, Pienaar & Ba.

My only hesitations were over RVP and Jenkinson.
    Jenks is likely to be dropped soon and Gibbs is carrying an injury so I've plumped for Mertesacker in his stead.
    RVP has got some good points hauls but has not justified his enormous price tag, for which you could nearly get 2 good strikers.

I've also decided to switch from my normal 3-4-3 to a 4-3-3. Midfield seems poorer value than defence thus far this season.

Provisional new team is

Jaask-(Begovic)
    Mertesacker-Ivanovic-Rafael-Baines (McCartney)
    Santi-Pienaar-Bale (Routledge-Puncheon)
    Ba-Torres-Podolski

Routledge is a placeholder cos I saw he was going up in price, so he will prob be transferred out before the GW.

and yes, I'm an Arsenal fan , in case you're wondering ;)

Too much spent on defence IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

bezuaua wrote: »

Option A

Tevez – Ba
    Harte – Rafael

Option B

Tevez – Defoe
    Harte – Lescott
    !
    Just on this massive A.

Also, Podolski and Puncheon don't think will give good returns-
    Puncheon least could be 3 sub so not worse player-
    Podolski- to fletch or Jela think will both outscore him. Regardless of Arsenal fan. The extra 1.2 allows routledge/puncheon be upgraded to maybe Nolan and Sterling or something along those lines,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

Thanks for that.

Puncheon is only a benchwarmer really but Podolski to Jelavic could work out quite well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

I would keep Podolski, Arsenal have a decent run of fixtures coming up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

thoughts on the team,used the wild card,bench is pretty crap.Going to give Carroll a run and if all fails i get defoe in(nice set of games) and maybe try and get rvp back after 3 weeks (next 3 week tough few game )

Overall happy with it,theres enough gamble in it that if it works ill do well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

thoughts on the team,used the wild card,bench is pretty crap.Going to give Carroll a run and if all fails i get defoe in(nice set of games) and maybe try and get rvp back after 3 weeks (next 3 week tough few game )

Overall happy with it,theres enough gamble in it that if it works ill do well.

Why the hell would you have Carroll?! Fletcher, Defoe, Jelavic all better options. Wouldn't have Gerrard either. I'd get rid of Gerrard and Carroll and get Mata (or Harard) and Fletcher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I went with carroll as hes home to southhampton and if hes going to get goals its going to be with them,if hes doesnt work out im dropping him for defoe .

Rolling the dice with him and gerrad,gerrard is the same he cant get goals and aginst reading at home worth a shot.

Hazzard and RVP have 3 tough enough games so decided to chance my arm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I went with carroll as hes home to southhampton and if hes going to get goals its going to be with them,if hes doesnt work out im dropping him for defoe .

Rolling the dice with him and gerrad,gerrard is the same he cant get goals and aginst reading at home worth a shot.

Hazzard and RVP have 3 tough enough games so decided to chance my arm.

I just don't personally think it's a good idea to get players in based on how they might do in 1 game. I would be looking more long term. If neither of them work out, you suddenly have 2 players you need to get rid of, plus any players that pick up injury/suspension/loss of form problems.

Views and Opinions?

capturefek.jpg

Ace0x9 wrote: »
    Views and Opinions?

capturefek.jpg

Seems solid enough, I wouldn't go changing just for the same of it. Although I wouldn't have a QPR defender anywhere near my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Ok, so this is a WC week for me.....

What are your opinions on the team below. I'll hopefully gain some cash on Ivanovic, Routledge and Jenkinson before the GW.

I'm very top heavy at the moment with both Aguero and RVP - would you drop one of them? Perhaps RVP to Rooney even to free up £1m.

I've never really had a £7m defender in before and just put Ivanovic in to capitalise on price rises. I'll more than likely drop him, specially has Chelsea have a tough run of fixtures coming up.

What changes would you make?

team8e.jpg

Shane732 wrote: »
    Ok, so this is a WC week for me.....

What are your opinions on the team below. I'll hopefully gain some cash on Ivanovic, Routledge and Jenkinson before the GW.

I'm very top heavy at the moment with both Aguero and RVP - would you drop one of them? Perhaps RVP to Rooney even to free up £1m.

I've never really had a £7m defender in before and just put Ivanovic in to capitalise on price rises. I'll more than likely drop him, specially has Chelsea have a tough run of fixtures coming up.

What changes would you make?

team8e.jpg

Peinnar to Walters/Morisson & (Nolan [Has some good fixtures coming up])
    Long to Lambert, maybe?

Ace0x9 wrote: »
    Peinnar to Walters/Morisson & (Nolan [Has some good fixtures coming up])
    Long to Lambert, maybe?

I think it's too early to drop Pienaar.

What about this?

The Norwich defender is in because they have an easy run coming up after the next GW. Fulham have a decent run hence the two fulham players.

team9.jpg

Shane732 wrote: »
    What about this?

The Norwich defender is in because they have an easy run coming up after the next GW. Fulham have a decent run hence the two fulham players.

team9.jpg

Good combination up front but I doubt that'll get you over 60+/week. I wouldn't bet on Norwich defenders. Midfield looks a'ight but you can't hope to score big if your front-line doesn't fire up as expected.

Bale, Cazorla and Mata would be good choices though Bale & Mata have a few tricky fixtures in the next few gameweeks.

I wouldn't have Rooney in my team at the moment. He's been playing in MF and despite getting two assists in his last PL game, and 3 goals for England, he hasn't actually been playing well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Just played my wildcard.........any different suggestions??

Also, stupid q, but how do you paste an image instead of attaching it!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

jossnjuice wrote: »

Have you any money in the bank?

0.7m!

Gervinho AND Cazorla? Do you have plans to move one out after the Norwich game?

Nope, i only brought in Gervinhio there for the first time. Think he has potential to get serious points as hes playing more as a forward than a mid at the moment!

Nope, i only brought in Gervinhio there for the first time. Think he has potential to get serious points as hes playing more as a forward than a mid at the moment!

Naa, he won't get as much of a forward role now that Giroud and Podolski are back in the mix. He might go back to playing on the flanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

First I would try play a 3-4-3 formation if i was you.

Hangeland can be replaced with Hughes also of Fulham to save you .5

I would also change Mertesacker to a 4.5 defender, Cuellar or maybe Wisdom

Baines and Caulker should be good enough to start most weeks and then pick your 3rd defender from which ever of the other 3 has the more favourable fixture.

Gervinho seems to be back on the flanks for Arsenal and is no longer playing up front where he was at the start of the season, so i think you should look at replacing him. He was a great option at the time, down as a midfielder but playing as a striker.

Dembele will not be playing too far forward in the Spurs midfield. The likes of Pienaar/Nolan/Walters would be better option for the same kind of money.

Some people think that Pogrebnyak is good value at his price and he mite be but if you have funds left over i would upgrade him.

After much thought I've made the Ivanovic -> Baines swap, some compelling arguments in favour of him. Team looks pretty strong although I'd really like to get Sterling in, just can't see who I can drop. Sometimes I wish we could do a 2-5-3 formation...

2hoejyb.jpg

I have just enough in the bank to do a McAuley -> Kolorov swap next week, but I'll need to be convinced he will be getting gametime before even considering it, and I can't see how that will happen even if he plays a full 90 this weekend. I'll need some indication that he will be first choice. I'd be happy with either him or Clichy in my team if they were guaranteed to play.

Nice team, I would try play Demel anyway. Fulham will defo score at home to Villa

• Advertisement

I thought Demel was definitely out though? I never like doubling up on defenders/goalkeepers from the same team.

EDIT: Demel is almost certainly out - http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/premier-league-live-team-news-1386762

Clark is in because of goal/assist threat, not CS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Clark is a doubt now too.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Clark is a doubt now too.

Where did you see this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Where did you see this.
    I'm not telling ya now because of your sarky comment regarding team history and signatures.

Only joking, official villa twitter account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Where did you see this.

I saw a tweet earlier saying he is to have a fitness test. Think it was SSN.

Edit; it was FF Scout tweet.

I thought Demel was definitely out though? I never like doubling up on defenders/goalkeepers from the same team.

EDIT: Demel is almost certainly out - http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/premier-league-live-team-news-1386762

Clark is in because of goal/assist threat, not CS.

Sorry i missed Jussi as your keeper. Anyway I think Demel will play - Big Sam said he'd likely have a fitness test but he sat on the bench for the Ivory Coast against Senegal

• Advertisement

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Official villa twitter account.

Ah I see, must have missed that tweet. I'll leave him in anyway, although I'm slightly f**ked if I'm stuck having to use McAuley. Could be minus figures if City feel like scoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Where did you see this.

Aston Villa clark showing as doubtful on Fant League team page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Help me spend my 2 free transfers!
    After you guys helped me not waste points last time, maybe you cann help now spend my 2 frees?
    Thinking Felliani out, and maybe Tevez. Only have 0.3 spare

Team is

Howard

Ivanovic
    baines
    Jenkinson

Hazard
    Mikel
    Nolan
    Michu

Tevez
    Ba
    RVP

subs
    Rudd
    mccartney
    Fellaini
    Clark

thanks guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I wouldn't have Rooney in my team at the moment. He's been playing in MF and despite getting two assists in his last PL game, and 3 goals for England, he hasn't actually been playing well.

He's been class for United, ****e for England. But yeah he has been playing a more withdrawn role for United so he isn't worth the money unless that consistently changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Help me spend my 2 free transfers!
    After you guys helped me not waste points last time, maybe you cann help now spend my 2 frees?
    Thinking Felliani out, and maybe Tevez. Only have 0.3 spare

Team is

Howard

Ivanovic
    baines
    Jenkinson

Hazard
    Mikel
    Nolan
    Michu

Tevez
    Ba
    RVP

subs
    Rudd
    mccartney
    Fellaini
    Clark

thanks guys

I'd transfer Fellaini out for Cazorla and downgrade Tevez to Berba. You should have enough for those moves I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement