Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Movies on TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bad Santa is on Thursday on TV3

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

A film I've recommended at least twice before is on again: The Ice Storm (Ch4, 01:40 on Thursday morning). Still highly recommended, if you haven't seen it before. They seem to show it about once a year, but it's well worth recording if you can. There is more than one kind of cold ... :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Man About Dog. TV3 tonight at 9. Decent Irish film http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374018/

Michael Mann's Public Enemies is on TV3 Sunday night

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

not really a film but this is england 88 was on last night and is on again tonight on channel 4 at 10
    It's in 3 parts and they'll probably be repeated over the next while

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Elf is on RTE1 at 18.35, Will Ferrels only good film.

Defiance is on BBC2 at 21.00

Die Hard 4.0 is on E4 at 21.00 (I think I've watched this 10 times) Brilliant.

Mission Impossible 3 is on RTE2 at 21.15

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭SVG

The Big Lebowski is on Dave tonight at 9pm and 12.20am.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

christmas eve , some like it hot , R T E 2, 3.55PM ,use your sky planner folks this one's a classic !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The Nightmare Before Christmas on BBC3 now. 9pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Elf is on RTE1 at 18.35, Will Ferrels only good film.

I beg to differ. He was also superb in Stranger Than Fiction

Bowfinger is on RTE2 tonight at 9.30pm and Adaptation is on RTE1 at 2am.

marwelie wrote: »
    I beg to differ. He was also superb in Stranger Than Fiction
    Hmm, never seen that. I'll keep an eye out for it.

The Seeker: The Dark Is Rising is on E4 at 19.00. I've never seen this but if it's anything like the Series then it should be good.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hmm, never seen that. I'll keep an eye out for it.

You should also give Everything Must Go a look.

The General is on TG4 tonight at 10pm, The New World is on Film4 at 11.35pm, and The Conformist is on Channel4 at 2.35am.

The Seeker: The Dark Is Rising is on E4 at 19.00. I've never seen this but if it's anything like the Series then it should be good.
    This is sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Rosemary's Baby on Channel 4 tonight at 12.05, have always wanted to see this.

The Taking of Pelham 123 is on TV3 at 21.00(edit:just noticed that Harry Gregson Williams did the music for this, I shall listen with Interest, he did the music for the metal gear solid games)

Rocky 2 is on ITV4 at 21.00

The Bourne Supremacy is on UTV at 22.35

Rocky 3 is on ITV5 at 23.25

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

The Fugitive is on at 9 o'clock on Thursday on TV3

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The Muppet Christmas Carol is on Channel 4 in a minute or so :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The Muppet Christmas Carol is on Channel 4 in a minute or so :D

Dammmit!
    Should have sacrificed the last minute presents to stay home and watch that.:(
    Its not like my dad wants anything. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

stand by me: on tonight about 12:00 or 12:30 on RTE2. Not very christmasy, But brill movie anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭brian_t

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The Muppet Christmas Carol is on Channel 4 in a minute or so
    CMpunked wrote: »
    Dammmit!
    Should have sacrificed the last minute presents to stay home and watch that.

It's on again
    Film4 - Tue 27th Dec @ 17.00
    and
    Film4 - Sun 1st Jan @ 12.30

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Monsters vs Aliens is on RTE1, 18:55. I watched this yesterday, it has a lot of fun with genre conventions. Susan / Ginormica has to be the prettiest movie monster since the last 50-Foot Woman. ;)

RTE2, 23:30: Downfall, about Hitler's last days in the Fuhrerbunker. More of a psychological study than a war film. This is the source of all those "Hitler hears about ... " videos on YouTube.

Later, there's a late rush of classic films on various channels. Do they do this on purpose?
    - The Godfather, Ch4, 01:00
    - Cat People (1942), BBC2, 01:10
    - Bullitt, RTE1, 01:50
    - Vertigo, UTV, 02:05
    - Bonnie & Clyde, RTE2, 02:20

Then at 8AM on Tuesday, RTE1 is showing Doctor Zhivago. If you want a huge 3hr epic big screen Technicolor film to sweep you away, this is right up your street.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

The Guardian is on BBC1 at 00.15. This is a great film.

The Bourne Supremacy is on RTE1 in 5 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tropic Thunder invites you to go full retard at 10.45 on BBC1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

There have been some good RKO classic chiller films on BBC 2 late at night all this week from the 40s. The Leopard Man is on tonight and there is another film on tomorrow night. Its worth taping and watching these "B" movies as they are only an hour long Cat People was very good and I walked witha Zombie wasnt bad. They arent as good as the Frankensteins and Draculas but they pass the time.

Sunshine is on RTE 2 tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sunshine is on RTE 2 tonight
    Brian Cox was the Science advisor behind that Film.

article-0-0D749692000005DC-583_468x286.jpg

Their's no sound in space did ye know that? Their's sound in this though as it looked pretty sh*t without it, on the scenes showing the ship passing through space that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

bnt wrote: »

RTE2, 23:30: Downfall, about Hitler's last days in the Fuhrerbunker. More of a psychological study than a war film. This is the source of all those "Hitler hears about ... " videos on YouTube.

Downfall was very good, would recommend it:)

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is on tonight at 10pm on TG4

Advertisement