Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Losing the bingo wings

• 01-07-2013 1:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, first time posting here! I have started following the weight watchers diet, and in doing so have lost 2 stone :D Now I still have a looong way to go, but through proper diet and walking more I can really see myself shedding the pounds - everywhere but my arms! I'm definitely losing inches from every other area but there, and it's the one part I'm most self conscious about. I have thought about maybe lifting weights or something along those lines to try to help lose the bingo wings but I would be afraid that this would maybe put on muscle and still keep them as big? I really am clueless when it comes to all this stuff, so if anyone knows of anyway to help shed the arms would you please let me know? Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

There is no such thing as spot reduction. This is where your exercise a body part and that body-part becomes leaner. Unfortunately you body removes and deposits fat from your body in a pattern predefined by your genetics.

Some resistance training (weights, kettlebells etc) will help tone the muscles in your arms and also increase the speed of weight loss generally.

I would look into Kettlebell classes. They are non threatening, fun and really excellent for resistance training. Go to a good instructor and be shown how to do the movement without risking injury.

Advertisement