Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixing In Some Strength Training

Options
  • 28-06-2013 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭

I do a reasonable amount of cycling, probably about 5 days a week often maybe ten hours a week plus and/or including a race now and then. I'm pretty lean from that.

I also do pilates once a week.

My only strength training would be a couple of times a week-- some push ups or dumbell curls, nothing very organised or scientific or very intense.

I was wondering what the most sensible approach for me to do some core/strength training would be keeping in my mind I'd often be pretty wrecked from cycling? For example, would it be a good idea to literally do a quick 15 minute session at home five times a week? Or do two good sessions in the gym on the days I'm not cycling? Or mix both?

I would like to increase my overall strength as a balance to the sheer weight loss of cycling.

Advertisement