Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Gear (DISCUSSION ONLY)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Ravelleman wrote: »
    The resolution on my last batch of photos has gone mad. Sorry about that.

Very nice SG !!

I just picked up a Gibson '61 reissue. I actually like it more than I thought I would. The little joys of the GAS attack.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Gorgeous Tele boycey

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boycey

The Master wrote: »
    Gorgeous Tele boycey

Cheers man, it's a cheap guitar, but a cracking one. The pickups and pots were upgraded as soon as I got her, stuck a nice set of Lollars in there. The neck was a side project, waiting for the right cheap Pacifica to come along!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

flyswatter wrote: »
    Alanstrainoir, is that red Strat you posted a Fender or another brand?

Jaysis, always hate the way these threads are split, never see any responses in here.

It's a humble squire classic vibe 60's, and boy does she sound good!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boycey

It's a humble squire classic vibe 60's, and boy does she sound good!

Every guitar sounds good in your hands mofo, you got the skills!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

fruvai wrote: »

dsc03480ro.jpg

I pretty much want all of your gear...but mostly this. God damn man!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Never mind the Maz, that Hiwatt :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

fruvai wrote: »
    dsc03498p.jpg

dsc03503p.jpg

dsc03480ro.jpg

dsc03337ae.jpg

dsc03342b.jpg

dsc03508oq.jpg

Nice Martin, what model is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

Wailin wrote: »
    Nice Martin, what model is it?

Martin 0000-38 Custom

• Registered Users Posts: 44 NwRepairman

Nice lookin strat there Baker =)
    Have the same colour scheme on my own strat but with black pup covers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BAKER95

thanks , i only started a few weeks ago , im using a vox ad15vt it has built-in effects to a certain extent but might invest in a wah and some other effects soon , that strat sounds nice :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Ok so i couldn't resist !
    Went into Waltons Saturday morning for a look & came home with this.
    Nitro gloss finish , Rosewood board & h-90 pickup

8325665356_57ff08c4fd_c.jpg

Very nice guitar. I was going to go in there yesterday morning and try out that very one as the price was fantastic. Luckily I managed to show a little restraint! It's nice to see that someone else got it. Now we can call you a Green Day fan boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

Now we can call you a Green Day fan boy.

Dont know about that !
    I sold my 60's tribute last week as it didn't hold a candle to my 92 standard

I went in to try a melody maker as i was planning on buying one on thomann with 2 p-90s, I tried them, juniors, specials & this one & it really was the best of them
    Ive tad a few signature models over the years, joe perry boneyard, mary kaye strat, evh & if you check the mary kaye add on adverts youll see who was supposedly the original owner of my 92 standard :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

What's the story behind that one then?

Was there any documentation or proof? Or was it just the usual 'sure a friend of mine knew a guy, who knew a lad, who knew his friend who said he owned it.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

stetyrrell wrote: »
    Was there any documentation or proof? Or was it just the usual 'sure a friend of mine knew a guy, who knew a lad, who knew his friend who said he owned it.'

Who pre owned it?

Nope !

My G&L was apparently owned by Eamon de Valera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Nope !

One post edited.:)

Pre owned by Slash - if it were mine, it would go on display, not for playing.:)

I'd play it. It's a nice story and all but there's no real grounds behind it to make it a massive collectors item, it's more of an awesome guitar with a cool story behind. I hate when guitars are used as pieces of memorabilia, they're made to be played, not hung on a wall and looked at.

• Advertisement

No, this gets played & played & played
    Ive had a Les Paul fetish ever since i saw Jimmy Page & Thin Lizzy as a kid & is the best one I've played out of a very long list
    Ill never sell it regardless of whether it is or isn't
    The guitar has been refinished twice so has no real value as such,
    but its nice to have a bit of a story to go along with it whether its true or false
    I only put the story up for the few in the conversation & have always been hesitant about posting it !

I wouldn't worry too much about the story! It sounds cool and if you love the guitar it doesn't really matter anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭McSheez

My Current Guitars (pic taken this morn!)
    8386890476_62e7dd71a2_b.jpg
    guitars2013-1024 by swansong12, on Flickr

Ovation Celebrity electro/acoustic,
    Hybrid Gigging guitar - Old Squier neck (one of the nicest 'strat' necks I have played) on a solid ash body with Khaler trem & all new hardware/pickups,
    Gibson SG Standard (just bought from Waltons last week),
    Gibson Les Paul Artisan (got new in 1977)
    Cheap & Nasty Columbus 'Jazz Bass' from way back (new pickups fitted & works fine for home recordings).

That squire is the sexiest shade of purple. Sell her to me, PLEASE. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭SamBrugha

My go-to rig these days. Too many guitars and too many cases so this ASAT gets most of my playing time.

Amp is a Laney Lionheart 5-watters. Pedals are Polytune (washed out in the photo), Timmy (kind of washed out), BAT Pharaoh, CoPilot Polypus and a Flashback delay.

That is very sexy. I am very jealous... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

nice job dord! i have an old aria 5 string you have just inspired me to do the same on her! thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

nice job dord! i have an old aria 5 string you have just inspired me to do the same on her! thanks!

Thanks! I spent an hour or so most evenings over a few week period on it. I'd actually had all the parts for a few years but never had the time, space, or patience to do it. It sounds great! It was sitting without strings for many years, however, there was minimal neck adjustment required and it's staying in tune very well.

I've already had one or two offers for it! haha... not a chance! :pac:

The replacement pickup is from a similar year bass, and the bridge saddles also. I had a few contacts around the Aria "community" that helped to track down the parts.

Let me know if you need any help. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Dord wrote: »
    Thanks! I spent an hour or so most evenings over a few week period on it. I'd actually had all the parts for a few years but never had the time, space, or patience to do it. It sounds great! It was sitting without strings for many years, however, there was minimal neck adjustment required and it's staying in tune very well.

I've already had one or two offers for it! haha... not a chance! :pac:

The replacement pickup is from a similar year bass, and the bridge saddles also. I had a few contacts around the Aria "community" that helped to track down the parts.

Let me know if you need any help. :)

Kudos Dord!

Great to see some lovely bass beauty.

Makes me nostalgic for the days of Dr J's Bacchus basses and Voodoo Child(e)s Ibanez j-customs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

The mad thing about the Aria group photo I posted is that it isn't even all my instruments...

Facepalm.jpg

I've got two more basses, 2 electric guitars, and an acoustic. :p

I'll try get a group photo of the lot in a few weeks. I'm waiting on some parts to arrive for one of the other basses.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Welp, my TC Electronic BG250 combo that I bought not 7 months ago decided to explode...

Went to turn it on, got a wee shock and heard a pop noise. Seems the tweeter exploded or something as it now just sounds farty. Raging, as I've not even gigged this amp, it's only been used for practice and recording. Might just chuck it as Thomann want me to send it back to them and that means getting a good solid box, hauling it to the post office (good 20-30 minutes from my house with no car) and then wait for a month so they can fix it.

No practice for me now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

sorry to hear that zapp, bad luck.

i had looked at one of them as a practise amp, but then i read they use some sort of compression built in to get more volume (headroom ) than they have any right to.

check adverts out, you will buy a decent combo on there for 100 euro! won't be as light as the bg250 though......

Advertisement