Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Service Access codes for eircom phone watch alarm

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 viswa

altor wrote: »
    The batteries are located in the sensors themselves. The system should indicate a tamper condition and go into alarm when you open the cover, simply entering your code on the keypad will turn off the alarm and just press reset and code when finished.
    On the top of them you should see a lip that is pushed in to release the cover. These sensors take two LS 14250 batteries.

Hi Altor,
    when I press the status button it just says "System battery low" does not mention which sensor,s battery is running low.
    Thx, vis.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

viswa wrote: »
    Hi Altor,
    when I press the status button it just says "System battery low" does not mention which sensor,s battery is running low.
    Thx, vis.

Hi vis,

You could be in trouble there as I dont know of anywhere that supply the backup battery for this system. Also replacing the battery in this system by down powering it completely will return the system back to factory settings and it will need to be set up again.

You could contact hivolt and see if they could build you a battery to the same spec as the one in that system.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 viswa

Thanks altor.
    I called up Eircom PW, they seem still getting the alerts from my device as she immediately said that its system backup battery that is low and that it would cost me €240(200 for callout and 40 for the battery) to get it fixed. I guess I dont have to do this right away. Then she got me delete some options( 4 and 40), i didnt enquire at that moment as i thought they might be in manual, but they are not. Do you know what these options are?
    Thx, vis

viswa wrote: »
    Thanks altor.
    I called up Eircom PW, they seem still getting the alerts from my device as she immediately said that its system backup battery that is low and that it would cost me €240(200 for callout and 40 for the battery) to get it fixed. I guess I dont have to do this right away. Then she got me delete some options( 4 and 40), i didnt enquire at that moment as i thought they might be in manual, but they are not. Do you know what these options are?
    Thx, vis

Expensive enough to have a battery replaced.
    To be honest the best advice I would give you is keep this money and put it towards a more up to date system. The classic system is obsolete now so if anything else was to go you would be looking at replacing the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vicadd

There is no pacific GSM for this system. If you have got an external bell onto this system then you could use one of these GSMs triggered by the Bell output. It is a very old system that is obsolete now so I would not be investing to much on it. Parts can no longer be got.

You should not need to delete the sensor to change the battery.
    If you post a picture of the sensor I will tell you how to change and what battery you need.

Hi Altor, thanks for the reply. I've attached picture of sensor now. I'm guessing simply pop off cover, turn off alarm and I can see what battery needed..unless you can already tell from pic?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

vicadd wrote: »
    Hi Altor, thanks for the reply. I've attached picture of sensor now. I'm guessing simply pop off cover, turn off alarm and I can see what battery needed..unless you can already tell from pic?
    Thanks.

That is a contact. If you look at the bottom of the picture you will see on the sensor the lip that holds the lid close, releasing this will let the lid come off. The battery you need is a LS 14250.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭kop-end

That is a contact. If you look at the bottom of the picture you will see on the sensor the lip that holds the lid close, releasing this will let the lid come off. The battery you need is a LS 14250.

Hi Altor,
    This question may seem a little left-field to the abouve but you seem to know your stuff. Is it possible to have your monitoring carried out by another company rather than Phonewatch. Do you know any suppliers and how i could get some pricing. I am using a wirelss system from Phonewatch which is about 3 years old.

Thanks

kop-end wrote: »
    Hi Altor,
    This question may seem a little left-field to the abouve but you seem to know your stuff. Is it possible to have your monitoring carried out by another company rather than Phonewatch. Do you know any suppliers and how i could get some pricing. I am using a wirelss system from Phonewatch which is about 3 years old.

Thanks

Yes this is possible once the installer knows how to work your system.
    You can request your engineer code off P.W. which will facilitate any change over.
    Most companies out there will be able to set this up for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vicadd

My old Eircom Phonewatch Alarm now reporting 'Open Sensor' for one of my Inertia Sensors. Resetting, replacing batteries does not help.
    Seems it may need replacing? Any idea where I would get one of these?
    See pics attached.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

vicadd wrote: »
    My old Eircom Phonewatch Alarm now reporting 'Open Sensor' for one of my Inertia Sensors. Resetting, replacing batteries does not help.
    Seems it may need replacing? Any idea where I would get one of these?
    See pics attached.

Thanks

Double check the covers of all the sensors, it seems one may not be on correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

ok this thread is heading a little off topic. So I'm going to close it off. If someone has a question about say a tamper on a system etc. please open a new thread on it.

Thanks all.

Regards

Stoner.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement