Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you be more sad if your child was a bully or was being bullied?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

old hippy wrote: »
    I have such wonderful memories of school. Sometimes though, I wonder if I might of improved things a bit by donning shades, long black coat and armed to the teeth sprayed my tormentors with a hail of bullets.

Amen to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Film coming out soon. Looks pretty sad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,305 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Being bullied: teach them about guerilla warfare as practised by the IRA.

Is the bully: find the reason why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

the_syco wrote: »
    Being bullied: teach them about guerilla warfare as practised by the IRA.

Is the bully: find the reason why

Easier said than done. Believe me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

old hippy wrote: »
    I have such wonderful memories of school. Sometimes though, I wonder if I might of improved things a bit by donning shades, long black coat and armed to the teeth sprayed my tormentors with a hail of bullets.

Bad timing! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17182562

FBI officials would not comment on a motive. But 15-year-old Danny Komertz, who witnessed the shooting, said the suspect was known as an outcast who had apparently been bullied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

My daughter was bullied for a year or so in school it eventually stopped when the bully left the school,all i felt was angry and powerless knowing she had to face it every day

I just wanted to march into the school and grab the bully by the throat but you cant do that:mad:

I was badly bullied in one particular school, it destroyed my confidence and I must have seen like an easy target after that. I don't know if it's connected but since then, I've had a lifetime of depression and bouts of low self esteem. And then you get some random prick saying to you "man up/stop being the victim/you have a chip on your shoulder" etc... most annyoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

My daughter was bullied for a year or so in school it eventually stopped when the bully left the school,all i felt was angry and powerless knowing she had to face it every day

I just wanted to march into the school and grab the bully by the throat but you cant do that:mad:

I know it's not right, but I know I would not be able to stop myself from at least threatening the bully if my daughter was bullied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

The bullies don't know when to stop these days.
    Bullying was give and take in my school. They go to far these days.

• Advertisement

The bullies don't know when to stop these days.
    Bullying was give and take in my school. They go to far these days.

I dunno, the classmate who hit me over the head with a football boot could have held back, ditto the chap who chewed his mars bar and then spat it into my face - ah, the 70s!

Advertisement