Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When do you increase your weights

• 04-05-2014 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey there
    Ok so can anyone help me out here.. I train about 5 days per week i do a split routine i feel like im going backwards i was able to push out about 8 reps 3 sets on the Olympic bar with just 28 kgs now i can just push out same reps n sets with just the bar i cant understand wats happened!!!also im not feeling sore after i wrk my shoulders or legs but while im actually training i can barely finish my sets but im not gaining muscle ....

Im 36 years old i weigh 52 kgs im 5 ft 6 in.. I eat pretty healthy although i do cheat on the weekend ;) hey its hard to be good all the time :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Donnam77 wrote: »
    Hey there
    Ok so can anyone help me out here.. I train about 5 days per week i do a split routine i feel like im going backwards i was able to push out about 8 reps 3 sets on the Olympic bar with just 28 kgs now i can just push out same reps n sets with just the bar i cant understand wats happened!!!also im not feeling sore after i wrk my shoulders or legs but while im actually training i can barely finish my sets but im not gaining muscle ....

Are you also dieting, losing weight?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Donnam77

Im vegeterian but i do eat fish i stay around the 1200 calorie per day i do stray a little on the weekends though... I also do some interval training 4-5 days per week ....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

Donnam77 wrote: »
    Im vegeterian but i do eat fish i stay around the 1200 calorie per day i do stray a little on the weekends though

You will find it hard not to lose strength on 1200 calories a day. Actually probably impossible unless you are around 4 ft 5 and 6 stone.
    Depends what your goals are if you want to lose weight or increase strength.

Id like to reduce body fat n increase muscle ...i dont have a lot of body fat really i guess.. I think ive just hit a plateau in my training... I dont know wat to do next wen i increase my weight i lose my form n im not gaining any doing wat i am ya know... So it s my diet?? I eat a lot of protein

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

You need to find your maintenance calorie amount. Eat about 500 calories a day more than that.
    The myfitness pal calorie ap will tell you what that is.
    If you want to post up your height weight and diet somebody will probably tell you.
    Build then cut build then cut build then cut.
    The lads in the competitions dont look like that all year round.

• Advertisement

I know that is 1300 kcal a day :) ... Ya ill do that thanks for your help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Yeah - it looks like you are in need of bulking up. If you bulk up (on proper foods) and have a weight programe you wont lose your form, you will improve it.

1300 calories is very low for a man or most women.

wat percentages would u use for carbs fat n proteins?? Would u eat carbs or protein before weight training?? 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

I seriously doubt your maintenance is 1300 calories a day. That is a tiny amount. You're already very light as it is so you need to build up muscle. Which means you need to eat a LOT more calories than you already are.

Don;t think in percentages. For protein get in 1g/lb of bodyweigh. So for you who weghts 52kg=115lb so you should be getting in 115g of protein. For fat the minimum should be 0.4g/lb so a minimum of 46g of fat. Then just fill the rest of the calories with carbs.

Eat them whenever is most convenient for you. Timing has a very tiny effect on training and your better of sorting out the big issues first.

Sorry my maintenance kcal is 1600-1800 per day thanks so much for your help :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement