Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shoulder rehab after surgery

Options
  • 03-05-2014 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Had a repair to a laberal tear 6 months ago and im still getting pain down my bicep tendon. I want to build up the muscles on the back and shoulders as I have an imbalance and im pretty sure this is causing the aches. Im looking for advice on exercises with weights and bands to improve this.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

blackdog1 wrote: »
    Hi all

Had a repair to a laberal tear 6 months ago and im still getting pain down my bicep tendon. I want to build up the muscles on the back and shoulders as I have an imbalance and im pretty sure this is causing the aches. Im looking for advice on exercises with weights and bands to improve this.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

Had a shoulder injury some years ago, ouch!!!!

Best person to give you advice on this is your physio tbh.

Take good care of yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭blackdog1

Had a shoulder injury some years ago, ouch!!!!

Best person to give you advice on this is your physio tbh.

Take good care of yourself

Been to physio. Not a common iniury and I find with physios unless they have experience dealing with specific injuries they're no good

• Registered Users Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

You'll need someone to assess what's causing the pain in order to give the best course of action and no one here can do that.

If you find yourself a good physio, and if you want suggestions you'll get some here, they'll be able to help with a course of action better than anyone here who would only be guessing based on what you've said.

You'll need someone to assess what's causing the pain in order to give the best course of action and no one here can do that.

If you find yourself a good physio, and if you want suggestions you'll get some here, they'll be able to help with a course of action better than anyone here who would only be guessing based on what you've said.

Basically its mucle wastage and imbalance is what ive been told. Strength is good in the shoulder just have to work on muscle building. There is a small bit of grinding in the shoulder but this is scar tissue. Shoulder is very stable so no stabilization exercise needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

blackdog1 wrote: »
    Been to physio. Not a common iniury and I find with physios unless they have experience dealing with specific injuries they're no good

I was fortunate , my physio was brilliant and had lots of experience in this area.

• Advertisement

You could get a list of good exercises, and you probably will, from some of the posters here but I'd just be wondering if the bicep pain would be solved by working the shoulders, which is why i suggested the physio.

You could start with basic band pull-aparts and some scap pull ups. If memory serves me, Whip It's Built Like A Badass has a video, put together by Hanley, in his log in the Fitness Logs that's called Fix Your Crappy Shoulders (or something along those lines) that you should check out.

You could get a list of good exercises, and you probably will, from some of the posters here but I'd just be wondering if the bicep pain would be solved by working the shoulders, which is why i suggested the physio.

You could start with basic band pull-aparts and some scap pull ups. If memory serves me, Whip It's Built Like A Badass has a video, put together by Hanley, in his log in the Fitness Logs that's called Fix Your Crappy Shoulders (or something along those lines) that you should check out.

Here's the link. It's a start.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89132941&postcount=361

Thanks. Bicep pain is sporadictnot constant. Happens when I do too much pysical work.

Will let u know how I get on

Advertisement