Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Penalty Points

• 07-06-2008 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I recived my 11th and 12th Penalty points in the post yesyerday. How many does eveyone have

How Many Penalty Points have you got?? 39 votes

0% 0 votes
    2% 1 vote
    58% 23 votes
    5% 2 votes
    15% 6 votes
    0% 0 votes
    5% 2 votes
    0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes
    2% 1 vote
    0% 0 votes
    Like Ireland at the eurovision, nil points
    10% 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

I thought that once you get 12, your banned from driving. Excuse me if Im wrong!!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

You off the road now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I have 0, and I intend to keep it that way.

Good job clocking up 12 though, you'd have to be a pretty awful driver to do that. Lets hope your insurance takes another hike,eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Last monday i got 2 put on for speeding in like jan or feb and they won't be taken off til they 18 june 2011 so they're pretty much giving me an extra 5 months w@nkers. But funnily enough i got a letter in the post on the wed taking my last 2 off. lol. So at 2 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Dead__Meat wrote: »
    I recived my 11th and 12th Penalty points in the post yesyerday. How many does eveyone have

12 and your'e off the road i thought?

and oh.ive 2 points,got them more than 2 years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

No 0 option

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

No points option added. For some reason it doesn't allow you to enter 0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

No reply from OP....hmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

NiSmO wrote: »

Terribly embarassing that :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

NiSmO wrote: »
    That would be lolerific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

im carrrrrrrefulllllllllll driver but have a terrible road rage.
    is there such thing as road rage point system.
    that should be another law.
    this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I drive quite a lot and have no points (yet!!)....I really think some people are just unlucky though. Like getting points for doing 55 in a 50 mile limit or something like that, bit out of order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Got two points for speeding, and €80 fine. Will be up at Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,040 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Clare Bear wrote: »
    I drive quite a lot and have no points (yet!!)....I really think some people are just unlucky though. Like getting points for doing 55 in a 50 mile limit or something like that, bit out of order?

Why is that out of order?

It's speeding.

That kind of attitude is why we have so many road accidents and deaths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Todoquetengo

Clare Bear wrote: »

Like me! Got 2 on the N3 last week, outside the county club where it goes from 100 to 60 and then 50, got caught a the edge of the 50 and I'm usually very careful, annoying thing was the car ahead of me and the car behind me were doing same speed and we all stopped but he came over to me :(

But at least it's just 2, would not like to get anymore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Rb wrote: »
    I have 0, and I intend to keep it that way.

Good job clocking up 12 though, you'd have to be a pretty awful driver to do that. Lets hope your insurance takes another hike,eh?

Pretty awful driver could well be used to describe someone on maybe 8 points.
    The op was on 10, and managed to get another 2 to put himself off the road ? Sheer [insert appropriate word].

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Sherifu wrote: »
    That would be lolerific.
    Absolutely.

One of the funnier things to happen round here in a while :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

If you're caught speeding you should have your license taken away. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

BJC wrote: »
    No reply from OP....hmm.

The OP is going to have less time for Boards now that he will have to walk everywhere.

I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Davidius wrote: »

Was reading recently about some country where your car's taken away if you're caught driving drunk or stoned.

you serious? you might change your mind if you're ever caught slightly over the limit, i dont condone speeding but sometimes you go over 50 very easily or dont slow down quickly enough,

So i think the system is very fair, repeat offenders eventally get punished and it's a warning for others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

It's speeding.

So you've NEVER driven a mile or two over the limit ever? God aren't you great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Damn cycamalists :p

Oh yea, had 2 points, gone since Febuary.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

It's speeding.

Driving at 55mph on a main road does not lead to accidents and deaths.
    The places on the roads where you see fixed speed cameras and mobile garda speed guns and gatso vans - are all places where there are very few accidents and very few fatal accidents.

knird evol wrote: »
    The places on the roads where you see fixed speed cameras and mobile garda speed guns and gatso vans - are all places where there are very few accidents and very few fatal accidents.

+ 1 the place where I was caught is the only spot on the N3 between Navan and Blanch that is not a 100 limit, easy money in terms of fines, never been an accident there

Not saying I didnt deserve it but surely the people doing 120/130 on the rest of the road are more dangerous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I have zero thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

None here either. I was going to the airport the other day and passed a speed camera, looked down at the spedo and was bang on the limit. Happy days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

knird evol wrote: »
    Just because you've never witnessed it doesn't mean it hasn't happened. That's actually a very famous excuse I've heard while in the car with somebody who's speeding.

Also, mph? Tsk.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Just because you've never witnessed it doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

Also, mph? Tsk.

Ok, I won't even ask you for statistics and figures, just give me ONE example of when it happened. Your stating that it does happen and that I have not witnessed it. When did it happen. Location, date, time of the traffic accident and your evidence to link the cause of the accident to the speed of one or both of the cars involved in this particular incident.
    I'll measure speed in whatever units I see fit to measure it in. It's great to be able to think for yourself rather than have eu bureaucrats and gay byrne telling you what to think.

Advertisement