Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insanity workout

• 31-08-2014 8:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    Was planning on doing the insanity 60 day programe and was wondering what people think of it. Im not totally out of shape but im not fit if you get me. Would insanity be suitable for me? What type of diet would you need to have? Is it only effective if you go the same pace as the dvd? Any other information would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

deadybai wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Was planning on doing the insanity 60 day programe and was wondering what people think of it.

Its a very easy to follow intense cardio program.
    Im not totally out of shape but im not fit if you get me.

I don't get you. Fit is entirely subjective to the person. Can you run 5k? Do you do any cardio work at all? Lift weights? Go swimming.
    Would insanity be suitable for me?

The thing about most forms of exercise is that they can scale to the person doing them.
    What type of diet would you need to have?

A good one. Lots of protein for recovery.
    Is it only effective if you go the same pace as the dvd?

Your given a time period in which to do as many movements as you can. The only pace is what you can achieve. The end goal is that you do more in the same time period.

Insanity does this through a measurement routine once a week. You count and record, as time goes on you get better at it.

Any other information would be greatly appreciated.

If you have wooden floors get a yogo matt. If your in a apartment and have neighbors, consider them while doing the exercises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

I don't get you. Fit is entirely subjective to the person. Can you run 5k? Do you do any cardio work at all? Lift weights? Go swimming.

Like 5k would be probably my limit in regards to what i could run. I do light running maybe twice a week and walk every other day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Like 5k would be probably my limit in regards to what i could run. I do light running maybe twice a week and walk every other day.

You should be good then for insanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rankingelite

After a while insanity gets kinda boring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

I got bored of it very quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Been doing it for about 6 months. It'll make you incredibly fit, you'll lose body fat and gain defenition. Small price to pay for it being boring (and incredibly hard)

i forgot to post in this but im going to start this again when the hurling season is over. it will probably prevent injury again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

there's a thread for people who do it here, I can't link it as im a "new user" but its probably one or two pages back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

My brother did it last year, he was fairly chubby starting it and looked like a different person by the end, think he lost something like three stone. From what I can tell it's good and you'll get results so long as you stick to it. You obviously won't build muscle or anything from it, he had to start weightlifting for that. It wouldn't be my thing personally, it's extremely intense but I've seen first hand that it works for weight loss.

My brother did it last year, he was fairly chubby starting it and looked like a different person by the end, think he lost something like three stone. From what I can tell it's good and you'll get results so long as you stick to it. You obviously won't build muscle or anything from it, he had to start weightlifting for that. It wouldn't be my thing personally, it's extremely intense but I've seen first hand that it works for weight loss.

Ive heard that it builds lean muscle and burns fat but you generally don't lose weight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Ive heard that it builds lean muscle and burns fat but you generally don't lose weight

Depends on how much fat you have to lose and how food your diet is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

I don't know a huge amount about it, but surely if it's mostly cardio you wouldn't gain significant muscle mass from it? I could be wrong, that's just what my brother told me about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

well there's a lot of jumping squats, pushups etc, so to a lot of people that will build muscle, as they can barely do them in the first place

Advertisement