Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Penalty Points

13»

Comments

irishbird wrote: »
    now, i stick firmly to the 60km on the motorway and fu.ck all you bastards that beep at me and flash their light. i aint breaking the law for you and there is another lane there for you to use - fecking muppets
    An overworked lorry driver who's exceeded his hours, is likely to just run you over.
    Recently saw the remains of a car that was parked on the hard shoulder, then ploughed into by a dozing car driver, anyone in it would have been killed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Steve_o wrote: »
    You can get points for goin that slowely on the motorway!!! Thats half the limit!!!

at the point of the road works the limit is 60. There's a speed camera immediately after the toll bridge on the south side

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Steve_o wrote: »
    You can get points for goin that slowely on the motorway!!! Thats half the limit!!!

thats the speed limit on the M50 at the moment where the road works are going on. It got my only points for speeding at Ballymount when the limit is 60.

accident ready to happen or not, that's the speed limit end of - eveyone else is more then welcome to pay their fines and get their points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Had the last of my points removed recently, so now I've added the word "clean" to "Full Irish driving license" on the ould CV.

At the most, I'd racked up 6 - all for speeding.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Was pulled over for running a red light once, disputed it and was told I was in the clear. Was coming down a side road onto a main road, cops flashed me to move out in front of them which I did. Pulled up to the traffic lights (red) on the right lane intending on turning right. Lights went green and I moved forward once the car ahead of me left. Got into the position past the first traffic light and waited for a break in the heavy traffic. None came, even when my light was on amber. So I left once it went red and cars stoped in front. They tailgated me for a while before I pulled into a side street to pull over and they then decided to put on the blue lights. Explained what happened, he said okay and safe driving. Fine arrived in the post. Sent in a letter to the super and got it all sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

irishbird wrote: »
    thats the speed limit on the M50 at the moment where the road works are going on. It got my only points for speeding at Ballymount when the limit is 60.

accident ready to happen or not, that's the speed limit end of - eveyone else is more then welcome to pay their fines and get their points
    I thought you where doing 60klm on the (normal-open) motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

If you speed you deserve all the points you get, regardless of how "safe" it is. you all seem to know where the gardai wait, so if you don't want the points, stay under the limit.

Advertisement