Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youths Rugby

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

CGD wrote: »
    They are no better or no worse than any of the rest.

compared to coverage of the national teams, they are better.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭CGD

compared to coverage of the national teams, they are better.

in fairness you are right there but still room for big improvement

CGD wrote: »
    in fairness you are right there but still room for big improvement

agreed, such simple things could be done and it would really add a lot of content that fans would be interested in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Underage, Women's, Senior Club, Junior Club, Clubs Sevens, Women's Sevens, some Provincial , Supporters Club, Tag, behind-the-scenes in various disicplines, announcements, international post-match conferences, buildups and reports are all covered. There will always be striving for more, of course and thats what is endeavoured to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭specttator

i'm still very keen to see any available video of the Ireland Scotland u18 match in Grenoble last Saturday if anyone can post a link. Thanks in anticipation

• Advertisement

specttator wrote: »
    i'm still very keen to see any available video of the Ireland Scotland u18 match in Grenoble last Saturday if anyone can post a link. Thanks in anticipation

there is nothing. Maybe in a few weeks but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Only reason the Georgia game was viewable was because the Georgian RFU put it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

RobbieRuns wrote: »
    I saw the twitter feeds which came through from Irish Rugby, (via yourself Justin, so a big "Thank You" for that). The Clubs do not receive the same sort of profile as it was not part of any competition, you are correct, but up to 8 weeks ago they thought that they were in a big competition so it would be nice to give them some profile and from what I heard, it sounded like a great game. Delighted for them

I actually did mean underage rugby in general, when I said that coverage of the boys games. Both schools and Youths get very little coverage in national press and the reports on the IRFU website are quite basic (when a report even does go up at all). The schools get put on video as they were playing a major competition in Europe and well done to them on their third place finish in the FIRA.

Beating England at any level of rugby is a terrific achievement and it would have been nice to see a bit of it or read a bit about it in the national press, it was held in Ireland after all.
    You mad?? "Schools get very little coverage in national press".
    All the cup games are covered in National newspapers. Before cups there is supplements in each of the national newspapers previewing the cups. Finals and some earlier round games shown live on tv
    Schools get plenty of coverage. Youths does not.

Anyone else going to the 19s tomorrow? Il be there and il have some sort of match report up here tomorrow evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

ormond lad wrote: »
    You mad?? "Schools get very little coverage in national press".
    All the cup games are covered in National newspapers. Before cups there is supplements in each of the national newspapers previewing the cups. Finals and some earlier round games shown live on tv
    Schools get plenty of coverage. Youths does not.

Anyone else going to the 19s tomorrow? Il be there and il have some sort of match report up here tomorrow evening

What I actually meant, was the Irish Schools team did not get that much press as well as the Irish Youths team. I was talking about the national U18 age grade squads, not the internal schools competition (which you are quite correct gets lots of coverage). I do not think that either national team has had that much coverage in our national press (which I know is outside the control of the IRFU) which is a shame. I also think that reporting of both teams on the IRFU website has been basic. As previously mentioned by JDee they have a lot to cover throughout the whole spectrum of Irish Rugby.

............ and no, I do not regard myself as mad.

U19s match report here: http://www.irishrugby.ie/rugby/28873.php

Video highlights to follow later on.

RobbieRuns wrote: »
    What I actually meant, was the Irish Schools team did not get that much press as well as the Irish Youths team. I was talking about the national U18 age grade squads, not the internal schools competition (which you are quite correct gets lots of coverage). I do not think that either national team has had that much coverage in our national press (which I know is outside the control of the IRFU) which is a shame. I also think that reporting of both teams on the IRFU website has been basic. As previously mentioned by JDee they have a lot to cover throughout the whole spectrum of Irish Rugby.

............ and no, I do not regard myself as mad.
    The irish schools did get a bit of publicity and was covered. If national papers dont cover games then its up to others to do match previews, reports etc on games and get them circulated somehow

Leinster Youths played English independent schools side today. Anyone know how they got on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭BigHeel

Leinster Youths played English independent schools side today. Anyone know how they got on?[/QUOTE]

The Lambs won handy enough. They were much more physical.

Youths lost 59-17

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Clonmacken2011

Final selection game for Munster Youths panel 2013/2014 to be played in Fermoy RFC next Wednesday evening. Panel of 46 players will play against each other before squad announced on Friday 12th of April.

Final selection game for Munster Youths panel 2013/2014 to be played in Fermoy RFC next Wednesday evening. Panel of 46 players will play against each other before squad announced on Friday 12th of April.
    Such a contrast in approach between the provinces. Munster will have named initial squad on their website in april yet some of the other provinces don't announce their squads until 1/2 weeks before the interpros in September
    East and North dominate the squad I believe and were strong in the regional round robin. All players will have plenty of opportunity to make squad if they don't make the initial squad as theres always around 4/5 players called up for one reason or another

Video highlights of U19s v England U19s: http://www.irishrugby.ie/matchdaytv/?play=media&id=14899

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭backgreen

ntr munster u19 cup final sunday shannon v bruff

backgreen wrote: »
    ntr munster u19 cup final sunday shannon v bruff
    Is that the open or closed cup?
    Final stages of East Cups previewed here

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭backgreen

Is that the open or closed cup?
    Final stages of East Cups previewed here
    closed cup..that said a very strong shannon team,good few lads from last years munchins senior cup team

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Stanza2

Irish Youths keep the same team to play France tomorrow, Dylan Horgan comes in to panel.

http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/28889.php

Good luck to the boys, would be a great feat to beat England and France.

Stanza2 wrote: »
    Irish Youths keep the same team to play France tomorrow, Dylan Horgan comes in to panel.

http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/28889.php

Good luck to the boys, would be a great feat to beat England and France.
    Good team. Would be great to see them get another win

Irish 19s team has had a few changes for tomorrows game
    http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/28890.php

Preview of final stages of East Munster Cups is here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭KJY

How did Mullingar do last year u 17s? I don't remember hearing much of them. 4 Irish Youths is very impressive

KJY wrote: »
    How did Mullingar do last year u 17s? I don't remember hearing much of them. 4 Irish Youths is very impressive
    won culliton cup(leinster u17 cup). dont know about league performance
    4 irish youths is impressive. hopefully they build on that at 19s and adult grades

Ireland 19s lost 20-14 to France
    Irish Youths lost 10-5 to France

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭KJY

Clonmel beat 'Park something like 26-14 in the East Cup. Pretty crap performance by 'Park until around 50 minutes in and when we upped it we played pretty well but definitely a clear deserving winner this time. They had a few lads I think who didn't play in the league and it made for a very strong team. Disappointing performance from us, I think injury to Gareth Molloy playing for Munster 19's last week really ruined our shape.

Should be a good final, would fancy Clonmel to take it though, very good team this year.

KJY wrote: »
    Clonmel beat 'Park something like 26-14 in the East Cup. Pretty crap performance by 'Park until around 50 minutes in and when we upped it we played pretty well but definitely a clear deserving winner this time. They had a few lads I think who didn't play in the league and it made for a very strong team. Disappointing performance from us, I think injury to Gareth Molloy playing for Munster 19's last week really ruined our shape.

Should be a good final, would fancy Clonmel to take it though, very good team this year.
    Clonmel have a good side. Did well in Munster. Not so sure that Clonmel will take the final. Nenagh going for the double so will be well up for it and many have been playing 2nds and some AIL for the season so will be doing well.
    Doubt they had many lads who didn't play league. And by league do you mean the east or the pan munster section.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭munsterman96

Clonakilty won u17 South Munster cup, Cork Con won the 19s

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭BigHeel

won culliton cup(leinster u17 cup). dont know about league performance
    4 irish youths is impressive. hopefully they build on that at 19s and adult grades

Navan and Mullingar were the two best sides in Leinster last year. Both the league and cup finals were between them. Navan won the league and Mullingar the cup

Clonakilty won u17 South Munster cup, Cork Con won the 19s
    They were the league finals not the cups. were they not?
    Cork Con knocked out of South u19 Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

why are navan so strong at underage level?

• Advertisement

lurtz wrote: »
    why are navan so strong at underage level
    Why do you think?
    Good coaches, lots playing up there. what else would there be?
    And there 19s are without several players who are now playing schools rugby like Cleary, Keelan.
    Shannon won North u19 closed cup today beating Bruff 29-20 in final

Advertisement