Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youths Rugby

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Munster U18's Youths (North & East players combination only) v Connaught played in Ennis today as part of the final squad selection. Munster won 28-5. Tomorrow Munster U18's Youths (South & West players combination only) v Leinster in Roscrea also part of the final squad selection.
    Thats a good win against Connacht.

Munster 19s drew 5-5 with Ulster at the weekend

Anyone going to Irish Youths game saturday or irish 19s game next week? Will be interesting to see the 19s squad
    Anyone know how the shane horgan cup games went today?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Stanza2

What time is the Irish youths game on? It's at Coolmine is it not?

Stanza2 wrote: »
    What time is the Irish youths game on? It's at Coolmine is it not?
    AFAIK its now in Ashbourne Saturday at 2pm
    Team is below
    1. Connor Kyne 2. Jack McKenna, 3. Brendan Quinlan, 4. Colm Joyce Aherne, 5. Kieran Treadwell 6. Andrew Purcell, 7.Conor Oliver 8. Lorcan Dow
    9. Jack Cullen, 10. Conor O’Brien, 11. Robbie Vallejo, 12. James Nolan, 13. Sam Arnold, 14. Antony McGiveny, 15. Sean O’Hagan

subs:
    Liam Walshe, Harry Hester, Niall Hannon, Aaron Hogan, Joey Carberry, Sean Moran, Cathal Evans

Best of luck to them, no bad English team at age grade level.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

ormond lad wrote: »
    AFAIK its now in Ashbourne Saturday at 2pm
    Team is below
    1. Connor Kyne 2. Jack McKenna, 3. Brendan Quinlan, 4. Colm Joyce Aherne, 5. Kieran Treadwell 6. Andrew Purcell, 7.Conor Oliver 8. Lorcan Dow
    9. Jack Cullen, 10. Conor O’Brien, 11. Robbie Vallejo, 12. James Nolan, 13. Sam Arnold, 14. Antony McGiveny, 15. Sean O’Hagan

subs:
    Liam Walshe, Harry Hester, Niall Hannon, Aaron Hogan, Joey Carberry, Sean Moran, Cathal Evans

whats this Vallejo lad like? Great name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭munsterman96

How did munster do against leinster U17S? who played well for munster

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rugbyfan31

Is riqbi from cork not on squad for this match?

Stanza2 wrote: »
    Best of luck to them, no bad English team at age grade level.
    Yeah. All English sides strong. There is so many more playing rugby in England than elsewhere that all English sides underage will be very strong
    How did munster do against leinster U17S? who played well for munster
    From TC92 on mf's
    Munster won one half of the game. Leinster the other.
    Each province played a different team in each half
    Rugbyfan31 wrote: »
    Is riqbi from cork not on squad for this match?
    Might be rested for this game or injured.
    They still have another game to be play so could be back for that game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

IRELAND UNDER-18 CLUBS:
    15. Sean O'Hagan (London Irish/Exile)
    14. Anthony McGivney (Mullingar)
    13. Sam Arnold (Harlequins/Exile)
    12. James Nolan (Gorey) CAPTAIN
    11. Robert Vallejo (New Ross)
    10. Conor O'Brien (Mullingar)
    9. Jack Cullen (Saracens/Exile)

1. Conor Kyne (Galwegians)
    2. Jack McKenna (Wicklow)
    3. Brendan Quinlan (Clanwilliam)
    4. Colm Joyce-Ahearne (Wexford)
    5. Kieran Treadwell (Harlequins/Exile)
    6. Andrew Purcell (Mullingar)
    7. Conor Oliver (Skerries)
    8. Lorcan Dow (London Irish/Exile)
    REPLACEMENTS:
    16. Niall Hannon (Mullingar)
    17. Liam Walshe (Wicklow)
    18. Harry Hester (Navan)
    19. Aaron Hogan (Youghal)
    20. Idrs Rqibi (Skibbereen)
    21. Joey Carberry (Athy)
    22. Sean Moran (Kilkenny)
    23. Cathal Evans (Corinthians)

Clubs winning 23 - 10

Tries by O'Brien and Low

• Advertisement

Make that 30-15.

Good win. 1 more game next week.

Attention will then turn to the all Ireland semi finals which are due to be played in 2 weeks time and the various cups in each region in each province

Good win. 1 more game next week.

Attention will then turn to the all Ireland semi finals which are due to be played in 2 weeks time and the various cups in each region in each province

DOoley into the leinster academy for next year

lurtz wrote: »
    DOoley into the leinster academy for next year
    Prob will be. 2 years on Leinster and Irish Youths and will have 2 years on the Irish 20s. Very good prospect

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭BigHeel

Make that 30-15.

One of the most entertaining games I have seen all year. Line out was excellent. The defence in the second half was superb.
    2,3,5 and 8 in the pack all good. 10, 14 and 15 in the backs.

Treadwell and Dow are some units

That was some game yesterday, it really was a great performance against a very good England side. Some astute positional changes had the team in the right place. Kieran Treadwell was just outstanding, great game, but in truth there was not one bad performance amongst them, which is always necessary to achieve a result like that. Well done to everyone involved. It may take a while to get the dynamics right but when you do you get the results. A great team performance.

Anyone going to Irish 19s game Wednesday?
    Presume a squad will be named tomorrow

East Munster u17s play a Leinster Midlands u17s side tomorrow in Nenagh and some of the provinces are playing games as they step up preparation for next seasons interpros.
    On the fixtures it doesn't state which Leinster team faces the Lambs on each day
    The Independent Schools Lambs squad has been named for their tour of Ireland in April. The Lambs will play four games against Leinster Youths, Leinster Schools, Connacht u18s and an Ulster u18s XV.
    Lambs Fixtures
    Wednesday – Leinster u18s Youth
    Thursday – Leinster Clubs u18s XV
    Saturday – Connacht u18s XV
    Monday – Ulster u18s XV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Has there been any match report on the Youths match v England anywhere? I believe that it was a very good game. An unexpected result I would say.

Is it just me or has the coverage of youth rugby in the general media been really poor this year? The naming of squads and match reports are very hard to come by.

• Advertisement

BigHeel wrote: »
    One of the most entertaining games I have seen all year. Line out was excellent. The defence in the second half was superb.
    2,3,5 and 8 in the pack all good. 10, 14 and 15 in the backs.

2. Jack McKenna (Wicklow/Leinster)
    3. Brendan Quinlan (Clanwilliam/Munster)
    5. Kieran Treadwell (Harlequins/Exile)
    8. Lorcan Dow (London Irish/Exile)
    10. Conor O'Brien (Mullingar/Leinster)
    14. Anthony McGivney (Mullingar/Leinster)
    15. Sean O'Hagan (London Irish/Exile)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

RobbieRuns wrote: »
    Has there been any match report on the Youths match v England anywhere? I believe that it was a very good game. An unexpected result I would say.

Is it just me or has the coverage of youth rugby in the general media been really poor this year? The naming of squads and match reports are very hard to come by.
    These games are not part of a competition so therefore do not receive the same sort of profile. A twitter feed of updates from the game last Saturday was posted but this was only because I was there in another capacity.
    Working on getting tomorrow's filmed for a video report. Subject to availability of film crew.

In fairness there was nothing video or picture wise about the schools team.

And very little after the loss to France, no match report about the loss or team announcement for the Scotland game.

We got a report about the win versus Scotland but I wonder would we have gotten it if the result had been reversed.

Contrast that with the Georgia Union coverage, who had their games up on youtube the day of the match.

Shoddy enough coverage of the underage game by the IRFU.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭BigHeel

JustinDee wrote: »
    These games are not part of a competition so therefore do not receive the same sort of profile. A twitter feed of updates from the game last Saturday was posted but this was only because I was there in another capacity.
    Working on getting tomorrow's filmed for a video report. Subject to availability of film crew.
    The IRFU website as the France game as being here. I thought it was in France.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Fly me home and I'll film it for you. I have a deadly mobile phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

I saw the twitter feeds which came through from Irish Rugby, (via yourself Justin, so a big "Thank You" for that). The Clubs do not receive the same sort of profile as it was not part of any competition, you are correct, but up to 8 weeks ago they thought that they were in a big competition so it would be nice to give them some profile and from what I heard, it sounded like a great game. Delighted for them

I actually did mean underage rugby in general, when I said that coverage of the boys games. Both schools and Youths get very little coverage in national press and the reports on the IRFU website are quite basic (when a report even does go up at all). The schools get put on video as they were playing a major competition in Europe and well done to them on their third place finish in the FIRA.

Beating England at any level of rugby is a terrific achievement and it would have been nice to see a bit of it or read a bit about it in the national press, it was held in Ireland after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

RobbieRuns wrote: »
    I saw the twitter feeds which came through from Irish Rugby, (via yourself Justin, so a big "Thank You" for that). The Clubs do not receive the same sort of profile as it was not part of any competition, you are correct, but up to 8 weeks ago they thought that they were in a big competition so it would be nice to give them some profile and from what I heard, it sounded like a great game. Delighted for them

Believe me when I say that there is no preference for coverage between schools or clubs sides or even domestic and 'exile'.
    It is done in the context of what they are playing in and the availability of the film crew.

Over the past couple of years, the multimedia coverage alone has in fact increased over all disciplines of the national game. Coverage by the press is in nobody's hands but the press.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭CGD

For proffesional orginisations the coverage in multi media and the reporting of same be it in a preview or match report is very, very poor both nationally and provincially o0f that there can be no argument what so ever!

Leinster are pretty good at having stuff covering their underage stuff, they had highlights from the under 18 club games in january.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭CGD

Leinster are pretty good at having stuff covering their underage stuff, they had highlights from the under 18 club games in january.

They are no better or no worse than any of the rest.

Advertisement