Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Woman for Hell!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Holybejaysus

Even a small amount of Hotsauce is very strong. A mouth full of Hotsauce to a child's tastebuds (which are more sensitive to strong flavours) IS torture. I am shocked that he was able to hold it in his mouth, as I know I could not.

Such draconian/cruel punishments only serve to terrify the child. If you read up on the story you'll find that the boy repeatedly lies/steals, so obviously this punishment doesn't work. Given his background (Fostered/adopted), and the fact that he acts out by lying/stealing, it's reasonable to believe that he does have some psychological issues that need to be treated, and not with torture.

The women knows that what she does is wrong, yet admits to keep doing it. She has little self control, and that's what worries me. She might cross a line and that boy could end up seriously hurt or dead.

Oh-Well that makes me a torture victim too! On a school tour a few years ago, some classmates put tabasco sauce on my lunch when I went to the bathroom. Where can I sue for this? I'm taking them, the school, and the government to the EU court of Human Rights.

As for junior, If I was the Mom I'd do the smart thing and give him back to the adoption agency. There-Everybody is happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Why is this posted in Cool Vids & Pics & Links?

Nothing cool about this. Bloody hell. That is both physical and mental torture. Sure kids need to be disciplined but this is horrible. If that was on tv then social services need to get involved somehow. Even moreso that she was able to adpot these kids,they are not even biologically hers. If nothing is looked into she could easily try adopt another kid who would have to go through this stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

she admits she felt no connection with him from the start of the adoption. Kids can tell, he probably started developing issues day one. Who knows what his life was like before adoption. You do not speak to a child like that. YOU DO NOT. he was quivering. She makes me sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Oh-Well that makes me a torture victim too! On a school tour a few years ago, some classmates put tabasco sauce on my lunch when I went to the bathroom.

Fill your mouth with a bottle of tabasco and hold it for a minute. You should film it to show us how you get on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Spore

Seems a bit staged...

TBH if it was real I think she's defo crossed the line into abuse.

But a child still needs its mother, and people are going too far to say the mother should be carted off to social services etc. She is absolutely not the worst parent, not by a mile. I've seen real abuse, this doesn't even scratch the surface. She means well as most parents do, but she's going around things the wrong way. Some counselling would sort that out, not an expose on Dr. Phil so the whole family can be held up to ridicule. The 'evil music' accompaning it is just pathetic, that's what disturbed me the most

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'm disturbed after watching that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

The word cunt was invented for people like her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Oh-Well that makes me a torture victim too! On a school tour a few years ago, some classmates put tabasco sauce on my lunch when I went to the bathroom. Where can I sue for this? I'm taking them, the school, and the government to the EU court of Human Rights.

As for junior, If I was the Mom I'd do the smart thing and give him back to the adoption agency. There-Everybody is happy.

You weren't forced to do it and be repeatedly shouted at while you were shaking and crying, that's the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Holybejaysus

WindSock wrote: »
    You weren't forced to do it and be repeatedly shouted at while you were shaking and crying, that's the difference.

It was still unpleasant though. And according to WhiteRabbit 'A mouthful of hot sauce IS torture.' So where is my money and slot on Dr Phil? I was a child torture victim goddamit!
    The 'evil music' accompaning it is just pathetic, that's what disturbed me the most

Dr Phil tends to use every trick in the book to stimulate the emotions of the audience-it's the same as any tabloid rag, or Joe Duffy for that matter. Trial by media is really the lowest form of human thought, if you could even call it thought. And it's not as if Dr Phil even gives a crap-he ruthlessly exploits these people for commercial gain. Do you think he would bother to call social services if he is so concerned? Not a chance.

I can guarantee you that if this video didn't have the title 'The Woman From Hell!', and let people form their own opinions, without any of the cheesy evil music and carefully edited video, there wouldn't be half as much of the faux outrage. It's a form of confirmation bias. If you subtly suggest to people how to react, the audience will duly oblige.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Never before have I wanted to jump through the screen and beat the living shít out of someone.
    I have an uncontrollable urge to do so now.
    Eugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

i literally started crying watching that, as a parent it was one of the hardest things ive ever seen, that poor child she is so evil! :(

I felt nothing as I am not yet a parent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

It was still unpleasant though. And according to WhiteRabbit 'A mouthful of hot sauce IS torture.' So where is my money and slot on Dr Phil? I was a child torture victim goddamit!

Dr Phil tends to use every trick in the book to stimulate the emotions of the audience-it's the same as any tabloid rag, or Joe Duffy for that matter. Trial by media is really the lowest form of human thought, if you could even call it thought. And it's not as if Dr Phil even gives a crap-he ruthlessly exploits these people for commercial gain. Do you think he would bother to call social services if he is so concerned? Not a chance.

I can guarantee you that if this video didn't have the title 'The Woman From Hell!', and let people form their own opinions, without any of the cheesy evil music and carefully edited video, there wouldn't be half as much of the faux outrage. It's a form of confirmation bias. If you subtly suggest to people how to react, the audience will duly oblige.

What do you mean 'WhiteRabbit'?
    I get the feeling you are just trolling, so I'm not going to feed you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Ye, if they had of called the video Great Parenting and gave it a nice jingle then everyone would be keeping the hot sauce and cold shower idea in mind.
    This is a great example of how the media control your thoughts :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

Anyone read recently that she got convicted of the act?

http://boingboing.net/2011/08/23/alaska-mother-convicted-of-child-abuse-after-taping-hot-sauce-torture-video-for-dr-phil-audition.html
    For those on mobile...

A mother in Alaska has been convicted of abusing her adopted Russian son by "pouring hot sauce into the crying child's mouth and not allowing him to spit it out for more than a minute," then forcing him to stand in a cold shower.

She staged the incident as an audition tape for a segment of the Dr. Phil show titled "Mommy Confessions," and ordered her ten-year-old daughter to record the video on a Flip handheld digital video camcorder.

Her bid for TV fame was successful: "Days later, she was on her way to Los Angeles to be on the show," and the episode aired in November, 2010.

The child is now in therapy for a psychological disorder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I hadn't seen this before tonight but, by fcuk, did it make me rage. Delighted to hear she got what's coming, the evil bitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

But hot sauce is delicious :confused:

But hot sauce is delicious :confused:

On chicken wings, yes.

Shoved in your mouth and forced to gargle it like mouthwash followed by a cold shower while abuse is hurled at you, no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

On chicken wings, yes.

Shoved in your mouth and forced to gargle it like mouthwash followed by a cold shower while abuse is hurled at you, no

Have you tried it?

Have you tried it?

Yes.:(

Advertisement