Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How does my program look!

• 09-02-2014 9:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Got a weight training program of a PT in my gym recently,
    Does it seem like a fairly solid program making the best use of my time in the gym?
    All exercises 3 sets of 8-10 reps

Day 1:
    -Deadlift
    -Pull-ups
    -Chin-ups
    -Dumbbell rows
    -Seated Cable rows

Day 2:
    -Flat bench press
    -Barbell Bicep curls
    -Incline bench press
    -Incline seated Bicep curls
    -Bicep hammer curls
    -Dumbbell flies

Day 3:
    -Dumbbell shoulder press
    -Cable Bicep curls
    -Millitary press
    -Reverse barbell curl
    -Barbell upright rows
    -Bicep isolation curls
    -Dumbbell shrugs

Day 4:
    -Squats
    -Front Squat
    -Calf Raises
    -Weighted lounges
    -Hamstring curls (only machine weight)

Day 5:
    Cardio, 45 minute light jog and some core work

Although I called it day 5 I don't do the cardio day after leg day, it's at the start of the week somewhere! Did legs Friday and I'm still struggling to walk this morning!

I'm a 23 y/o male, 5ft 11 and 77kg. I don't drink or smoke and I'm getting there with my diet regarding protien intake and watching carbs, eliminating most white foods etc! My goals are basically just to build a nice body shape for myself. Bf about 15% so I'd like to take that down obviously as much as possible!

Let me know what ye think guys!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Looks alright though I wouldn't do deadlifts for 3 sets of 8-10. Also what's the need for all the variants of bicep curls over two consecutie days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,656 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

If it was me I wouldn't have the shoulder pressing the day after the bench pressing because of the tricep involvement.

But that's just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,606 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

There's no need for 6 bicep variations.
    Swap biceps on day 2 for triceps.
    Drop some of the excessive moves on days 2 and 3. Cut them back to 5 moves, 6 tops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

If it was me I wouldn't have the shoulder pressing the day after the bench pressing because of the tricep involvement.

But that's just me.

And shoulder involvement in the bench. That's a lot of upper body work compared to lower body as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,656 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Blacktie. wrote: »
    And shoulder involvement in the bench. That's a lot of upper body work compared to lower body as well.

Meant to include that.

IIt's probably a bit short on curls as well. You can never do enough curls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Looks alright though I wouldn't do deadlifts for 3 sets of 8-10. Also what's the need for all the variants of bicep curls over two consecutie days?

Thanks for the replies!
    What would you recommend for the deadlifts??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Skuxx wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies!
    What would you recommend for the deadlifts??

3 x 3, i.e. on your first day work on locking in form with a light weight and if you're happy choose something moderately heavy for three sets of three then add 5kgs to the bar next time and so on and so on. Sounds like too little but it will become very taxing sooner than you think. The Deadlift is a great movement, but it's one where less is more.

Advertisement