Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hell and back

• 08-02-2014 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi all. Group of people from work is doing this in June as a challenge and just for fun. They've asked me would I join them. However I don't run!!! I walk and am doing trx almost a mth now. Do you need to be super fit or am I mad for even considering joining them?
    They told me none of the group has alot of fitness and it's more the fun element.
    I would imagine on the day there would be a great sense of team playing amongst everybody doing it and everybody would help each other, am I mad to think this????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

You are totally mad to think that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

zsha wrote: »
    Hi all. Group of people from work is doing this in June as a challenge and just for fun. They've asked me would I join them. However I don't run!!! I walk and am doing trx almost a mth now. Do you need to be super fit or am I mad for even considering joining them?
    They told me none of the group has alot of fitness and it's more the fun element.
    I would imagine on the day there would be a great sense of team playing amongst everybody doing it and everybody would help each other, am I mad to think this????

You're not mad to think that, it's very do-able & lots of fun... also, plenty of time between now & June to get a few miles under your belt beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zsha

You are totally mad to think that

Can you elaborate why Im mad to think it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

I assume you're going to go for the 10km one? I'd get comfortable with running/jogging 10km ,running and jogging up hill, Build up upper body strength .

It isn't easy by any means , You'll be muddy , cold , wet and aching legs from the first few Km in.

People will help you getting through / over obstacles , and offer encouragement .

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zsha

Thanks for that, yeah its the short one they doing. I need to check with them at work tonight what the story is as when I looked at the hellandback site all the early morn slots are full so you'd be looking at 15.45 as earliest start! Which is a bit late imo.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement