Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carlisle Gym Car park Vandalism

• 06-02-2014 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I've been a member of the Carlisle Gym for the past 2 years and would regularly use it 2-3 times a week without having any issues.

I drive over there and park up the car but then 3 weeks ago I come out after workout and find that the drivers windows is smashed in. Nothing taken from the car and didn't look like an attempt was made to rob it.

Reported it to the duty manager who took a statement and details etc..

Now a girl in work had the same thing happen to her car on Tuesday night and 2 other cars close to hers also had their windows smashed in.

I have noticed that they have a security guy walking around the car park for the last few weeks, so I'm beginning to think these are not isolated incidents!

Has anybody else heard vandalism in this car park recently?

I'm just wary of parking the car up there again if these type of incidents continue..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

God, that is bad to hear! First I've heard of it. Was your car parked at the front of the gym or around the corner (near car wash or bike racks)?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 10thCoffee

Mine was round side by the bike racks and the girls from work was park by the car wash.
    Has it being happening in the same areas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

10thCoffee wrote: »
    Mine was round side by the bike racks and the girls from work was park by the car wash.
    Has it being happening in the same areas?

I don't know- you rpost was the 1st I'd head of it, I was just wondering if it was happening in the more secluded areas of the car park. Will def try to park out front every time from now on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,650 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It's happening everywhere. All public car parks are being targeted especially places where they know people are away for a while. Surfers and kitesurfers are getting it done on the beaches as they know where away from the cars. Hill walkers and mountain bikers are experiencing it up the mountains and so on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Car parks at sawker matches were being hit last year too. Load of lads on the team I play with had their cars either broken into or tampered with

• Advertisement
Advertisement