Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Mc Love wrote: »
    Like I said, its a lot more civilised than you think, once you accept that everyone is in the wrong lane.

People coming from Fr. Russell Road are joining the r/a in the left hand lane despite them wanting to go into the city, they should be taking the right hand lane.

People coming from the motorway joining the r/a in the left hand lane to go around the r/a towards the city, they should be using the right hand lane.

People coming from the motorway and Fr. Russell road using the correct right hand lane for going around the first r/a but then using the right hand lane on the second r/a to exit at the dock road exit. They should be trying to get into the left hand lane after the first r/a but alas this is being blocked by the left hand lane morons from the motorway and Fr. Russell Road.

It's a flawed system that really only causes havoc for the people coming from the N69 (foynes direction) as they have to yield to traffic from both the Fr. Russell Road and Motorway.

Quite funny when you think about it and Limerick Council want to build over a 1000 homes in the future in Mungret. It's going to be some laugh!

Weren't they supposed to build a new road as well that would come out down by gearys that roundabout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

The awkward moment when you wander into the Crescent, wonder why it's insanely busy and then remember that the schools are off. It was like a creche exploded in there. I didn't stick around too long!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The awkward moment when you wander into the Crescent, wonder why it's insanely busy and then remember that the schools are off. It was like a creche exploded in there. I didn't stick around too long!

I thought it was a bank holiday this morning, traffic was non existent

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

I thought it was a bank holiday this morning, traffic was non existent
    No colleges either. Commuting in Castletroy is a dream when UL and the schools are off.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Anyone else get a visit from Phone Watch reps around the Castletroy area? Do they seem genuine?

• Advertisement

So while listening to Limerick Live95fm this morning, there was an ad for M&S. Very strange considering we dont have an M&S in Limerick and the closest one is probably an hour and a half away. I tweeted the same to M&S and got a reply saying they dont have any details as of yet but said watch this space!

Hopefully it's not fake like those rumours about the monorail

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'd imagine they bought adspace from The Wirelessgroup and ended up being advertised on Limerick radio. Copy and paste type thing or accident.

Wireless group operate C103, Corks96fm, FM104, DublinsQ102 and many others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭moby2101

Hi
    I’m looking for shoe trees, haven’t seen them anywhere this year, Debenhams and Tesco used to have them on occasion.

Ta

moby2101 wrote: »
    Hi
    I’m looking for shoe trees, haven’t seen them anywhere this year, Debenhams and Tesco used to have them on occasion.

Ta
    here ??
    https://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_084011576060_-1

stupid link keeps bringing up main page

Product description
    Item No. 0840115760

This pair of large shoe trees from Punch are a great way of preserving the shape of a shoe, as well as preventing creasing. Designed with useful flexible handles, they will also help to keep shoes well ventilated, which can help with reducing bacteria.

Size: large

12e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭moby2101

here ??
    https://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_084011576060_-1

stupid link keeps bringing up main page

Product description
    Item No. 0840115760

This pair of large shoe trees from Punch are a great way of preserving the shape of a shoe, as well as preventing creasing. Designed with useful flexible handles, they will also help to keep shoes well ventilated, which can help with reducing bacteria.

Size: large

12e
    Cheers
    Thanks for that... they used to carry them all the time instore. I looked online and couldn’t find them!!!

• Advertisement

Anybody here a MRSC member who bought the red Supporters Club Jacket and just got it delivered? Do you want to exchange sizes? I actually need to trade my M for an S in mens sizes.

Limerick or Shannon area.

Shockingly really as I'd normally be an L. Anybody who knows me would likely say "ummm, nah you're an XL surely" so sizes are messed up. No, they cannot be returned or exchanged.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Berty wrote: »
    Anybody here a MRSC member who bought the red Supporters Club Jacket and just got it delivered? Do you want to exchange sizes? I actually need to trade my M for an S in mens sizes.

Limerick or Shannon area.

Shockingly really as I'd normally be an L. Anybody who knows me would likely say "ummm, nah you're an XL surely" so sizes are messed up. No, they cannot be returned or exchanged.

Did you contact MRSC directly? They are usually pretty good at sorting that type of stuff out, you're not the 1st person i'd seen commenting on the sizes of the jackets.

davo2001 wrote: »
    Did you contact MRSC directly? They are usually pretty good at sorting that type of stuff out, you're not the 1st person i'd seen commenting on the sizes of the jackets.

They were a limited run. Made 400 of them or something. Pre-sold them quickly so we're all kind of stuck with them I'd imagine unless MRSC members do some swapping. I know people would probably buy it from me because there were loads who missed out but I'd prefer one that fits than not having one.

Berty - my L is a perfect fit but my father ordered a L too and he can barely fit it into his. He got in contact with the MRSC yesterday. It's a nice jacket

Berty - my L is a perfect fit but my father ordered a L too and he can barely fit it into his. He got in contact with the MRSC yesterday. It's a nice jacket

Would you both be a similar size then? If so then there's a problem with them. I've fired off an e-mail asking them what they can do.

Guy on their facebook page is an XL and says he can't even zip it up and he's looking to swap for an XXL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭BobMc

I agree sizes are a bit off, i got M, just about ok on me thanking god I didnt go large I'd have been lost it it

Berty wrote: »
    Would you both be a similar size then? If so then there's a problem with them. I've fired off an e-mail asking them what they can do.

Guy on their facebook page is an XL and says he can't even zip it up and he's looking to swap for an XXL.

He would have always been a large even though he's got a small bit of a gut but L would be his go to for jackets etc. Said he might have to get an XL or larger if thats the fit

He would have always been a large even though he's got a small bit of a gut but L would be his go to for jackets etc. Said he might have to get an XL or larger if thats the fit

As am I. I have a gut but not beer belly proportions. I chose my jacket as the chest size was 42 for an M. It isn't really. I'll wait and see what MRSC come back with now.

Dear Supporter,

It has come to our attention that there have been some issues with this years MRSC limited edition jackets. We are working closely with our supplier to rectify the situation and will be in touch soon with further details of a solution for anyone effected.

To help us rectify this issue, could you please email us a picture of the size label on your jacket and send to MRSC@munsterrugby.ie. This will help us to speed up the process of correcting members orders.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,

MRSC

No point swapping stuff now I guess.

Cant do any better than that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Hi Folks, is there anywhere around town that does custom lanyards?

I only need maybe 10-20 but most places online have minimum orders of 100. Plus I'd like to shop local if possible.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Would Snap printing do it? Would've used them a good few years ago for stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Cheers, I'll check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I need to buy a new suit. I've plassed this place a few times but never been in

https://www.facebook.com/suitslimerick/

anyone any experience with them ?

dashoonage wrote: »
    I need to buy a new suit. I've plassed this place a few times but never been in

https://www.facebook.com/suitslimerick/

anyone any experience with them ?
    i heard they were good. bit like the tony connolly oulet i say that was in crescent.

I am just after getting a call of the African prince looking for bank a/c to lodge my millions LOL:cool::cool:

002578977914 was the number.Somalia looks like the country code.

I am just after getting a call of the African prince looking for bank a/c to lodge my millions LOL:cool::cool:

002578977914 was the number.Somalia looks like the country code.

I've gotten calls from Tunisia recently. His Highness certainly gets around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Got two calls from Burundi today, don't think you're supposed to answer unless you want your account drained.

Went to Henry Street Motors today about my car, they recognised the fault (tracking) and sent me to Parkway Tyres who fixed it. Two good mechanics that are worth a look.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

I've gotten calls from Tunisia recently. His Highness certainly gets around!
    I told him if he has any money spare to invest it in a monorail system and Nandos & Five Guys franchises. He obviously didn't take my advice.

• Advertisement

marno21 wrote: »
    I told him if he has any money spare to invest it in a monorail system and Nandos & Five Guys franchises. He obviously didn't take my advice.

I reckon that's because you forgot to mention M&S there as well. If you had, he'd have been sold on it for sure :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement