Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Objects appearing out of nowhere

Options
  • 27-09-2009 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭

This is probably the only paranormal type of thing that's happened to me. I was at work, sitting at my desk. There was a colleague standing beside me, I was going through some stuff with her, I had my head down looking at the keyboard when this coin dropped onto the desk just to my left. I paid no notice and continued - I assumed someone had thrown it from across the partition or something. Anyway, another coin dropped onto the desk, then another. The way they fell, it was as if they dropped from a height about two or three inches above my head, but just to the left. The woman who was there beside said "where's all the money coming from?" I said I didn't know. it wasn't the type of office where people chuck things around, and it was weird the way the coins dropped as if they hadn't fallen a long way, more like two or three feet only. At the time it seemed strange, but not like something paranormal, but the fact that the woman couldn't see where the coins were coming from struck me as odd. It was at a time of great emotional stress in my life.

I was telling this story to someone and he told me a story of how he was inside in a fairly large hall with a few of his buddies and they were messing around, getting drunk. Anyway, he took off his engagement ring saying "I'm not getting married" and kicked it up in the air. The ring never came down again. All his friends were asking "where did it go?" They looked for ages but never found it again.

So, are there such phenomena? Do object materialise and dematerialise and is it connected to emotional upheavals?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

could the ring simply have gotten caught in something in the ceiling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

Sounds like somebody throwin coins at ya, workplace bullyin :P

i dropped a plec one day and it vanished off the face of the earth before my eyes. there was nothing it could have fallen under or anything, it just vanished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

Sounds like somebody throwin coins at ya, workplace bullyin :P

No definitely not, wrong trajectory and velocity. Also, the woman was genuinely puzzled as well.

I was hoping someone would say it means I'm gonna be rich, or something.
    i dropped a plec one day and it vanished off the face of the earth before my eyes. there was nothing it could have fallen under or anything, it just vanished

Yeah, exactly that kind of thing - anyone else got any more testimony?

Recon wrote: »
    could the ring simply have gotten caught in something in the ceiling?

I don't know, he just said it went up in the air and never came down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

This is probably the only paranormal type of thing that's happened to me. I was at work, sitting at my desk. There was a colleague standing beside me, I was going through some stuff with her, I had my head down looking at the keyboard when this coin dropped onto the desk just to my left. I paid no notice and continued - I assumed someone had thrown it from across the partition or something. Anyway, another coin dropped onto the desk, then another. The way they fell, it was as if they dropped from a height about two or three inches above my head, but just to the left. The woman who was there beside said "where's all the money coming from?" I said I didn't know. it wasn't the type of office where people chuck things around, and it was weird the way the coins dropped as if they hadn't fallen a long way, more like two or three feet only. At the time it seemed strange, but not like something paranormal, but the fact that the woman couldn't see where the coins were coming from struck me as odd. It was at a time of great emotional stress in my life.

I was telling this story to someone and he told me a story of how he was inside in a fairly large hall with a few of his buddies and they were messing around, getting drunk. Anyway, he took off his engagement ring saying "I'm not getting married" and kicked it up in the air. The ring never came down again. All his friends were asking "where did it go?" They looked for ages but never found it again.

So, are there such phenomena? Do object materialise and dematerialise and is it connected to emotional upheavals?

Hope they were €2 coins. :D Have heard of some incidences of materialisation and dematerialisation being connected to kinetic activity and energy. Nothing to do wit a 'ghost' or anything. Kinetic energy can also send things flying around the place. For any of this 2 happen,there'd have to be some heightened emotional states of the people (if any)in the room, or something where people were very emotional could be sort of embedded in the room since. Any new movement or activity could set it off.How long have your offices been in that place?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭gdael

Hope they were €2 coins. :D Have heard of some incidences of materialisation and dematerialisation being connected to kinetic activity and energy. Nothing to do wit a 'ghost' or anything. Kinetic energy can also send things flying around the place. For any of this 2 happen,there'd have to be some heightened emotional states of the people (if any)in the room, or something where people were very emotional could be sort of embedded in the room since. Any new movement or activity could set it off.How long have your offices been in that place?

I bet it wasnt €2 coins. That would mean for sure it wasnt someone having you on :)

Only a ghost would give you €2 coins. A person having you on would only throw small change at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

Exact same happened me a while ago. I watched it fall, hit the floor and pooof. gone. Never found it again.

Another thing like that that happened was when I was 17, Me my brother and about 4 other friends were filling our motorbikes with petrol and a load of bugs fell on us. Big ****ers, that iv never seen before, that looked like scarabs. A bit annoyed that they fell on us in the first place we took no notice and went on driving to one of the mates houses for a cup of tea. Half way down the new ring road in Waterford they started falling on us again.

I'm putting it down to a freak occurrence but really makes you think :) especially since Iv never seen bugs/Beatles like that ever again.

For any of this 2 happen,there'd have to be some heightened emotional states of the people (if any)in the room, or something where people were very emotional could be sort of embedded in the room since. Any new movement or activity could set it off.How long have your offices been in that place?

I have long since left that place but they were fairly new offices, not more than 20 years old. I think it was before the euro, so they were Irish 10p coins, I think. There were three of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 imaunicorn1

Appearing objects!!! Please help I'm so confused. Sitting at home alone folding laundry... at midnight I hear a distinct pop or clink sound. Decide to go investigate and find strange looking old lightbulb in the middle of the hallway. The hallway light is covered and has efficiency bulbs. In fact, my whole house does. This thing appeared with a tink sound at midnight our of nowhere. I've herd of disappearing objects but never this. Please if u know anything about this tell me <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I watched a video a friend of mine took in a house where stones were appearing out of nowhere and then hitting the ground. This was in the middle of a room. No idea what its all about - they just appeared and fell to the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

@iamaunicorn.

Interesting. Do you have any pets? Could the bulb have been lying unseen under a table or similar and been pushed out into view?

The dust on the bulb (is it dust?)..I guess dust gathers if a bulb was on the floor or suspended? It's an old looking bulb too.

PS: Any connections to the theatre? It looks like it might be a bulb used in stage lighting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭gavdolfini

maccored wrote: »
    I watched a video a friend of mine took in a house where stones were appearing out of nowhere and then hitting the ground. This was in the middle of a room. No idea what its all about - they just appeared and fell to the ground.

link to video?

Nope - videos are private. The person who owns the premises wont give permission to let him do anything with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

The only thing paranormal here is the man wearing an engagement ring.

Big Nasty wrote: »
    The only thing paranormal here is the man wearing an engagement ring.

No, not even vaguely paranormal. Males wearing engagement rings is commonplace in many other countries and the practice of which is increasing in both Ireland and the UK.

Nope - videos are private. The person who owns the premises wont give permission to let him do anything with them.

:rolleyes:

gavdolfini wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

whats yer point?

Funny thing happens when you actually go out and look for these things - sometimes you find them. Rather than sit on the interweb and demand people supply you with information, maybe you should try actually looking.

yea hang on ill go out now and concentrate on objects suddenly appearing. My point is like everything else, no solid video evidence. Getting your frilly nickers in a twist :D

yea hang on ill go out now and concentrate on objects suddenly appearing. My point is like everything else, no solid video evidence. Getting your frilly nickers in a twist :D

Yeah. Sure its only real if you can find a video of it on the internet. Thats your logic by the sounds of it. Genius.

"Getting your frilly nickers in a twist" - yeah you wish. Go out and find 'video evidence' and stop whinging on the web. If you did you might realise its more common than you think.

Yeah. Sure its only real if you can find a video of it on the internet. Thats your logic by the sounds of it. Genius.

"Getting your frilly nickers in a twist" - yeah you wish. Go out and find 'video evidence' and stop whinging on the web. If you did you might realise its more common than you think.

You're the whinger you little bender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

well.. that certainly appeared out of nowhere.
    :eek:

You're the whinger you little bender.

aww - thats sweet. Terrible to think that out there is a video that you'll just never see. Don't cwy now.

well.. that certainly appeared out of nowhere.
    :eek:

its amazing the **** we have to put up with here in the paranormal forum.

i know, but hey, trolls are paranormal creatures :)

i know, but hey, trolls are paranormal creatures :)
    The trolls on here aint. They're human but they do scare a lot of contributors away. Which is why (one would have thought) Mods were created.

Totally agree about scaring contributors off, but alas we're going off topic with that whole subject.
    I'd suggest you pm a mod from this forum if you've any ideas on how to quell the trolls :) From my own experience though, people just like to poke fun at others who want to discuss various paranormal subjects. Sadly, most of the times (if you'll excuse my conspiracy theories) it happens are late at night when the likelihood of a mod being around is lower, and the likelihood of the troll being drunk are higher.

Totally agree about scaring contributors off, but alas we're going off topic with that whole subject.
    I'd suggest you pm a mod from this forum if you've any ideas on how to quell the trolls :) From my own experience though, people just like to poke fun at others who want to discuss various paranormal subjects. Sadly, most of the times (if you'll excuse my conspiracy theories) it happens are late at night when the likelihood of a mod being around is lower, and the likelihood of the troll being drunk are higher.

Warn them and ban them. It doesn't matter what time the posts appear. Either the system works or it's doesn't. And no doubt I now run the risk of getting an infraction for back seat modding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

But there doesnt seem to be a mod for this forum :confused:
    Ive tried to raise this issue manys a time in this particular forum (I did PM a mod and got no reply).
    Seems to be a part of boards that doesnt really exisit in mod land/not monitored.

Its more of a "Lets all laugh/poke fun at the funny stories" forum.

Kettleson wrote: »
    Warn them and ban them. It doesn't matter what time the posts appear. Either the system works or it's doesn't. And no doubt I now run the risk of getting an infraction for back seat modding.

If you're asking me to do that, it's really not my place to moderate a forum that i'm not assigned to, i'm just a contributor here, just like you. Also, if you're not satisfied with how a particular forum is moderated - feedback forum is your only man :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Jesus Christ lads - if you've a problem with a post report it.

Advertisement