Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Manager 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Have recent outings been playable offline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Have recent outings been playable offline?

Yup

Just click 'play in offline mode'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Lads, anyone know when the Beta is expected to be released?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Lads, anyone know when the Beta is expected to be released?

I think 2 weeks before release... which would be this Friday (24th Oct).

anyone found a link to watch the documentary?

gonna buy it on dvd on november 2nd but not spending a 10er on itunes to watch it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Anyone able to post some of the new features in the new game? Everything blocked at work, and curious as I passed on last seasons version

Football Manager 2015: All the new features as highly-addictive gaming series returns
    Oct 16, 2014 14:36 By Liam Prenderville The hit computer game is back with plenty of enhancements to make your managerial experience that bit more realistic - here's what you can expect
    Share Tweet +1 Email
    Cancel everything: It's nearly time to feed you Football Manager addiction Ladies and gentlemen, Football Manager is back!

The world's most realistic management simulator will return on November 7, with yet more features and developments from previous versions.

Whether it be enhanced scouting networks, job interviews or dodgy lasagnes, Football Manager 2015 is certainly the best yet.

Addicts. Gamers have already had their appetite whet by the exclusive documentary 'An Alternative Reality' and will be counting down the days to the game's release.

Here's what you can expect.

Management styles
    Prospective bosses are now asked which type of manager they want to be - long before a ball has been kicked.

You have the choice to be a 'tracksuit manager' who spends much of the time on the training ground or a 'tactical manager', who focuses on selection and signing players.

Managers can dictate who they want to be at the very start of their career but fear not Tony Pulis wannabees, you can wear a suit if you like!

And not just that, virtual coaching badges allow you to progress alongside your club.

When setting up your profile you can select more than one favourite club (tut tut), choose your favourite tactical systems and even your preferred player roles.

Fix up, look sharp: Is it time to ditch the trainers and tracksuit?
    Improved interface
    One major change, obvious right from the start, is the complete redesign of the user interface.

Everything about the game looks and feels different from before, with managers able to navigate and guide their club to success much quicker.

Change is always good, isn't it?

Match view
    A cutting-edge motion capture data has been installed - breathing new life into the match-day feel of Football Manager 15.

The introduction makes the game even more realistic and lifelike with over 2,000 new animations - from goal celebrations to red card and disappointment.

Alongside that, the introduction of improved lighting and ball physics – along with the addition of a variety of new stadium types – make the match-day experience that bit more realistic.

In the thick of it: The match-day feel has been improved
    Job interviews
    This enhancement made its debut in Football Manager 2014, but guess what - it's got even better!

Interviews have become more varied and include questions on your playing days and employment history.

These become more enhanced and detailed as your managerial career continues.

"So, what about that Brazilian flop who scored just once all season - in the Capital One Cup?"

Time to get thinking...

Media interaction
    Inside the game, managers face a variety of new stories and questions, while there is a greater focus on touchline rivalries.

Another enhancement sees journalists looking for their next big headline from your press conferences - but don't go slating your rivals' youth policy.

You can also now be interviewed in the tunnel before a big match or at the training ground a few days before a game.

Should you want to do a Jose and be down the tunnel before the final whistle - you can ignore them.

Player search and scouting
    An internet browser-style search bar on every screen makes finding players even easier.

New filters have also been added to the player search screens - including ones for unhappy players for you to work your magic on.

Scouting assignments have also been tweaked to make it easier to find the type of player you want – whether it's a direct replacement for your crocked left-back or someone for the future.

Scouts can also now be asked to cover particular nations and will deliver better and more detailed feedback.

Due diligence: No excuses for not doing your homework on transfer targets now
    Player roles and movement
    As many as four new roles have been added to Football Manager 15 to give managers even more power.

These are:

•Roaming Playmaker - for central and defensive midfielders
    •Raumdeter - a 'wide poacher' for players who want to operate on the periphery of build up
    •Inverted Wing Backs - for defenders who cut inside and make runs through the centre of the pitch
    •Wide Playmaker - wingers with the freedom to drift inside and find space to create.
    A selection of new preferred player movements have also been added - including Penalty Box Player - which was invented just for Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Other new PPMs are: ‘Refrains from shooting from distance’ and, for goalkeepers, ‘Likes to throw the ball long to start counter attacks’.

New roles: Finally, you can play with a raumdeter
    Finances
    The game is completely up-to-date with all the latest FFP changes - so be warned future Manchester City bosses.

At the end of each season the manager will be issued with a summary from the Commercial Director, along with projections as to how promotion or relegation would affect the club in a financial sense.

Football Manager Classic
    For players enjoying the 'streamlined' game, you can now opt to skip the entire pre-season, if you can't wait for the competitive action to start.

Alongside that, there are some new unlockable features - including Lifetime Player - if you don't want to 'do a Chelsea' and let your record goalscorer bag against you!

Others include 'Unsuspend Player', which removes bans, and 'dodgy lasagne' - used to adversely affect your next opponents or your fiercest rivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Interested in what the coaching badges entails, might be good to get sh1t for managing United but not having your coaching badges yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭irishgeo

may this season one a whirl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,550 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Wasn't a fan of FM 14 at all, but I do like the video and screenshots I've seen from this one, will be preordering tonight and preparing for my quest to bring Shelbourne back to greatness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

any news on system specs yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Just if anyone is interested, CD Keys are sending out the beta codes tomorrow and its the cheapest price I can find including exchange rates! http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/football-manager-2015-inc-beta-pc-mac-cd-key-steam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

Has anyone seen it for cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭bigron2109

It seemed to be cheaper last year.I'm sure closer to the time, there might be a few discount codes popping around. I remember because of this site, i got it for 26 euro or so last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Is the beta worth getting ? Or should I just wait for full version

• Advertisement

Sorry I should have mentioned in my post that that price was the cheapest "including" the beta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

The beta is up on steam now btw.

Came home from work to this made and set as my desktop wallpaper, FM bought and installed, beers in the fridge and the best blowjob I've ever had. Best bird ever :D

Good luck my fellow managers

1779869_10152369707462441_6827635036775657021_n.jpg?oh=97d8f3d49dce306d785aa1552af71422&oe=54F5E11B&__gda__=1421122673_11a9658e83f3937722016e75ceff7f4d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

Installing now 10% complete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Julez wrote: »
    The beta is up on steam now btw.

do i have to buy the game or can i just download the beta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Came home from work to this made and set as my desktop wallpaper, FM bought and installed, beers in the fridge and the best blowjob I've ever had. Best bird ever :D

Good luck my fellow managers

1779869_10152369707462441_6827635036775657021_n.jpg?oh=97d8f3d49dce306d785aa1552af71422&oe=54F5E11B&__gda__=1421122673_11a9658e83f3937722016e75ceff7f4d

Who are Leeds?

Just if anyone is interested, CD Keys are sending out the beta codes tomorrow and its the cheapest price I can find including exchange rates! http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/football-manager-2015-inc-beta-pc-mac-cd-key-steam

If i ordered this now how soon would i get the beta code ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Instantly with most sites.

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Instantly with most sites.

Gonna try it now then, and with my <1mb broadband ill have it by some stage tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Out of stock :(

irishgeo wrote: »
    do i have to buy the game or can i just download the beta

The Beta version is a 99% complete version of the full game, it will then be updated when the full version is released with any changes. There is a demo being released next Friday I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Look forward to yer reviews of the beta whats it like compared to fm14? better?

• Advertisement

Gonna try it now then, and with my <1mb broadband ill have it by some stage tomorrow

19 minutes to complete for me :)

Happy with first impression, the user interface is a big improvement and I am finding it a lot easier to navigate already. I have just had a quick play through my first week and played a match against the u21's to see what it's like. I've only messed around with the tactics for 10 minutes so can't really comment on this. I do find the player role panel beside the player position and name is a much better place for it, it is way too important to be kind of hidden away like it was in previous games.

Can't believe I only played for an hour and resisted the temptation to stay up playing it for hours, damn I'm getting old. Long weekend ahead though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

God bless UPC. Took 3 minutes to download :D
    o6O5OtK.png

Right lads

Playing the BETA here, loaded up 10 selectable leagues but missing loads of players, like of Martin Odegaard

Also if i click on international teams like Norway or Sweden, they have zero players listed

Cant find loads of wonderkids either?

Looks like they've lost the naming rights to German teams and maybe more?

The name fixes file will fix it but still strange that they would lose something like that.

XtB2OoX.png

Not taking as long to download as i thought, but still a lot slower than ye upc peoples

l0WsN.jpg

Right lads

Playing the BETA here, loaded up 10 selectable leagues but missing loads of players, like of Martin Odegaard

Also if i click on international teams like Norway or Sweden, they have zero players listed

Cant find loads of wonderkids either?

Odegaard is under 16 so can't be registered.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Looks like they've lost the naming rights to German teams and maybe more?

The name fixes file will fix it but still strange that they would lose something like that.

XtB2OoX.png

They haven't had the German right for a couple years at least. Name fix patch will fix it soon though.

YayaBanana wrote: »
    They haven't had the German right for a couple years at least. Name fix patch will fix it soon though.

I never noticed that before!

Probably because I skipped 13 and started playing 14 late so installed the name fixes before I loaded it up for the first time.

Odegaard not a problem either for those who want him. It'll be one of the first things on the steam workshop I bet. I love the FM community!

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Out of stock :(

I'm still waiting on my key even though I got an email saying it was ready.

Kinda annoying considering I've bought from them before without hassle.

A lot of ruffle on their FB and twitter page from customers about it.

I got 14 from them, and it too 11 hours for my key to come

got my key straight away d/ling now as i type.

Oat23 wrote: »
    The beta isn't out yet. Two weeks before the game comes out on Nov. 7th is when the beta is released.

Greenmangaming have it for £30 or £24 with this discount code.
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/se/en/pc/games/sports/football-manager-2015/

OCTOBE-R20GMG-OFFERX

This is still available. Use discount code - U9OULG-XRTO1V-4VMUGZ

GMG codes show up on your account instantly whenever I have bought from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Scirpt

Just ordered off of g2a.com and got the code within 5 minutes. Downloading beta on steam now. Use coupon code "LIRIK" for 5% off as well.

Downloaded. Roughly 20mins. Figured out why....bloody nephew is streaming some angry birds sh*te :mad: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭sdowling04

Fook you 126KB/s DL speed!! the joys of living in the country :o

sdowling04 wrote: »
    Fook you 126KB/s DL speed!! the joys of living in the country :o

Taking mine about 40 mins and im on 500kb

Finally I can enter my real age for my manager :D Honestly anything after this is a bonus

Finally I can enter my real age for my manager :D Honestly anything after this is a bonus

Ah I remember the year that happened for me. I was depressed by it, actually. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

Setting up my custom Views for the scouting pools and shortlists, i can only get 13 or 14 column on view, in FM13 I had 24 and used them all

• Advertisement
Advertisement