Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barao vs Dillashaw 2 a joke?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Don't think it should be a title match myself

If Barao is struggling so much with cutting to 135 he might never get his rematch

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Why not?
    Imo, If Dilishaw is fighting at 135, the title is on the line.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Mellor wrote: »
    Why not?
    Imo, If Dilishaw is fighting at 135, the title is on the line.

Yeah if the dudes steppin up on 24 hr notice he deserves a shot at it! atleast! and some extra dosh aswell!

I dont think barao should get the rematch after this change weight class if u can make the weight...so stupid people killing themselves for a weight advantage they need to do same day weigh ins to stop the rumble johnsons of this world! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

If Barao is struggling so much with cutting to 135 he might never get his rematch

Why would it not be a title fight? How do you think it would look if Soto wins and Dillashaw walks out for his next fight holding the belt? Terrible idea IMO

Besides its Dillashaw's hometown right? Im sure he wants to put on a good show for his family & friends and show everyone its his belt. If he believes he's the champion then he should have no problem facing up against anyone, both are in the position of only knowing 24hrs previously.

DW has said he wants Barao to move upto 145 & Aldo to 155 because neither cut weight well & Barao is not getting the Dillashaw rematch in his next fight. I think these comments are a bit harsh considering this is the 1st time there has been an issue with Barao's weight.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/dana-white-renan-barao-will-not-get-a-title-shot-when-he-returns-082914

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

not surprised barao wont get the next shot now at all given how much this
    will cost them which im sure is a factor
    still a bit harsh he's being overlooked next time out there given its very
    unlikely it would happen again i'd imagine

• Advertisement

I suppose they have to punish/discipline Barao in some way(otherwise ppl might drop out of fights all over the place) but I just feel its harsh because he's been on such a good winning run, been a great champ & its his 1st issue. Maybe they can't fine him or take money off his next fight due to it being contracted to different event.

Maybe there is more to this than we know currently. Maybe Barao had some problems going into the last fight, which would explain partly his performance on the night.

Devastator wrote: »
    Maybe there is more to this than we know currently. Maybe Barao had some problems going into the last fight, which would explain partly his performance on the night.

spot on there I think

mailburner wrote: »
    spot on there I think

Or maybe he just got his ass whooped by the better faster fighter? Imo the only thing that was wrong with him was dillashaws speed and punches to the face..constantly!

Just cause your on a good run doesnt mean you re certain to win every fight he just met his match imo

And the rematch was no more than a cashin on that run, he didnt in anyway shape or form deserve an instant rematch after being destroyed!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

What is it with Nova Uniao guys cutting so much weight? Jose Aldo has had horrific weight cuts the past few fights too (and passed kidney stones after his last two ones I believe).

• Advertisement

evo2000 wrote: »
    Or maybe he just got his ass whooped by the better faster fighter? Imo the only thing that was wrong with him was dillashaws speed and punches to the face..constantly!

Just cause your on a good run doesnt mean you re certain to win every fight he just met his match imo

And the rematch was no more than a cashin on that run, he didnt in anyway shape or form deserve an instant rematch after being destroyed!

my first thought after the fight was that dillashaw had improved a lot on
    anything shown before that fight but his display on the night was perfection
    then I began to wonder/doubt whether barao just had an off night for whatever reason to be dominated in that fashion after beating everyone else so convincingly but uriah pushed him as close as anyone first time they fought so maybe tj was just a better fighter than uriah at this stage
    all of this was of course by reading what other people had said about the bad weight cuts etc etc which I was aware of but not aware how bad these cuts were exactly

it's an awful shame cruz wasnt around at his prime given how weak overall
    the division was and probably still is

sub of the night !

evo2000 wrote: »
    sub of the night !

missed it, didnt reaslise time

Last fight was good! Great card so far from what Ive seen :D

missed it, didnt reaslise time

Last fight was good! Great card so far from what Ive seen :D

The lad choked him out cold with a reverse guillotine / bulldog choke! crazy sub!

Tough wee cookie that girl Bazler(sp?), I wonder how many head shots she took in 2nd round

Tough wee cookie that girl Bazler(sp?), I wonder how many head shots she took in 2nd round

She hit her some thumps! haha no trouble for rousey tho she spent way too much time in the clinch which is a death sentence vs rousey!

Rootin for Soto! be a great story if he wins! hon the underdog!! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

No point in two threads running simultaneously. I'll lock this one and we can stick to the main thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement