Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atherny-Ennis Rail Line

Options
2»

Comments

I've started a thread on the closure/non-closure of the WRC thread on Help Desk

Hope you folks can join me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Well Deleted User off you go now...thanks for your great contribution and success in having the WRC thread closed. Westtip I entirely agree with your post above and I cannot see the point with having threads aimlessly crapping on about the amount of steam being produced in a Cravens carriage, or how many Tarquins it takes to fill an IRRS special or the 46a being five minutes late last friday but if that's what Calina and Victor want they can do it without me. The WRC thread was one of the most interesting on the boards and even if it comes back the mods are determined that it so sanitised that it will be one big yawn.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Hungerford

westtip wrote: »
    Now I admit the thread had wondered off at times, but most of it was actually quite intelligent wit that certainly added to the thought process of challenging why on earth the WRC was actually happening - some of what was said could be called taking the pi*s out of groups like West on Track, a group who will not debate openly any of the issues or comments they see as negative about their project.

I quite liked some of our diversions on that thread - I remember producing a mock-up Clint Eastwood movie poster at one stage.

It was all good natured and the points about WOT were well made - they, an unelected group which doesn't engage with anyone else, are dictating a large portion of the state's transport expenditure.

In that respect, they are aided by a trainspotter community which is predominantly from the UK as well as perhaps groups such as the fossils IRRS [although actually most of us have a sneaking respect for the IRRS - I certainly do].

It was all good-natured and hosted all kinds of viewpoints, including my rather eccentric view that IE could actually make a go of the WRC if they put on the right rolling stock and made an effort with their timetables.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

New thread, I'd like some constructive comments.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055754379

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement