Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buffalo Wings where to go in Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

the cock tavern pub in swords. Tasty

Dodge wrote: »
    Its not buffalo sauce, or even cose to it. Fine if you like it, not trying to say who's taste is better, but its not buffalo sauce

The sauce is still tasty tho ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Yeah have to agree on the eddy rockets it's lovely sauce on them
    The old mill in tallaght does a lovely plate of buffalo wings with ribs combo very tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 16 passionate

Hey Guys

I am queen of wings, and go all over Dublin to find the best wings, and i can now say I am in heaven, the place-Beckett & Bull, Rathgar Avenue, amazing, amazing, amazing, the crispiest, tastiest and hot wings ever...better than Elepant & Castle, Tribeca etc..Ive spoke to the owner, they are only open since January, and they have already had paper reviews on there wings, definately worth a visit!!

passionate wrote: »
    Hey Guys

I am queen of wings, and go all over Dublin to find the best wings, and i can now say I am in heaven, the place-Beckett & Bull, Rathgar Avenue, amazing, amazing, amazing, the crispiest, tastiest and hot wings ever...better than Elepant & Castle, Tribeca etc..Ive spoke to the owner, they are only open since January, and they have already had paper reviews on there wings, definately worth a visit!!

Think i'll take your word for it and take a visit out there :)
    Do they do blue cheese sauce with them ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Its not buffalo sauce, or even cose to it. Fine if you like it, not trying to say who's taste is better, but its not buffalo sauce

Except the OP asked "Buffalo Wings where to go in Dublin?" .....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,174 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Piliger wrote: »
    Except the OP asked "Buffalo Wings where to go in Dublin?" .....:confused:

And what makes them Buffalo wings if it isn't the sauce?

And what makes them Buffalo wings if it isn't the sauce?

So if you cook breasts in your buffalo sauce that makes them buffalo wings ? No. There is no hard and fast rule about the sauce. If it's good it's good, if not ....

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CinammonGirl

Not city centre but the chicken wings in Blue Bar in Skerries are to die for. Massive portions too!

Yes, they do blue cheese sauce, also if your going to go there, try the Honeycomb and Toblerone Cheesecake, I am not a dessert fan, but my parkner had it, and I was sold, absolutely gorgeous, my parkner reckons he has never had cheesecake like it:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,174 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

So if you cook breasts in your buffalo sauce that makes them buffalo wings ? No. There is no hard and fast rule about the sauce. If it's good it's good, if not ....

if its buffalo sauce on wings, its buffalo wings

if either the wings or the buffalo sauce are missing they're not. It IS a hard & fast rule. You don't say I like curry chips but with garlic sauce instead of curry.

Now if you enjoy wings in any sauce you like, then thats all that matters to you. I'm not arguing which is nicer. Thats all down to personal taste

But chicken wings in buffalo style sauce = buffalo wings
    chicken wings in barbeque sauce = bbq wings etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭barfizz

Ok I just had to post how I cook mine. it takes time but it is worth it.

I usually buy my wings in FXB's on Moore street, about a dozen for me and the wife.

I cut off the wing tip and wash the whole wing I don't joint them.
    Pat them dry using kitchen paper.
    put in a bowl and throw in some flour (about a half tablespoon), toss them until they are lightly covered.
    Now add a good glug of franks sauce, and toss again, make sure they are all covered. cover bowl with cling film and refrigerate overnight if possible.

The cooking is the secret, I have a smoker " Big green egg", I set this for about 250F / 120C and place the wings around the outside of the grill (so no direct heat from the charcoal) for one hour (first 30 mins outside skin down, then flip for next thirty). this would probably work in a regular oven, i just haven't tried it.

They come out really moist with the crispiest skin, all the under skin fat has melted away.

Then heat up some franks 1/2 and 1/2 with butter and toss the wings in it.

For a dipping sauce
    I buy some M&S sour cream and chive dipping sauce and some blue cheese.
    I crumble the blue cheese into the sourcream mix and leave over night.

Damn I'm hungry now, i know what I'm doing for dinner tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

no, it would make them buffalo breasts, what's your point?

you do know that buffalo don't actually have wings don't you? :D

they are called buffalo wings because they are made from chicken wings to the recipe originally invented in the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, NY and they are called that specifically because of where they originated and how they are made there, i.e. with franks hot sauce and butter.

any chicken wing made in any other way is just a chicken wing, not a buffalo wing, simple as that.

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    Think i'll take your word for it and take a visit out there :)
    Do they do blue cheese sauce with them ?

Yes, they do blue cheese sauce, also if your going to go there, try the Honeycomb and Toblerone Cheesecake, I am not a dessert fan, but my parkner had it, and I was sold, absolutely gorgeous, my parkner reckons he has never had cheesecake like itsmile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

barfizz wrote: »
    Ok I just had to post how I cook mine. it takes time but it is worth it.

I usually buy my wings in FXB's on Moore street, about a dozen for me and the wife.

I cut off the wing tip and wash the whole wing I don't joint them.
    Pat them dry using kitchen paper.
    put in a bowl and throw in some flour (about a half tablespoon), toss them until they are lightly covered.
    Now add a good glug of franks sauce, and toss again, make sure they are all covered. cover bowl with cling film and refrigerate overnight if possible.

The cooking is the secret, I have a smoker " Big green egg", I set this for about 250F / 120C and place the wings around the outside of the grill (so no direct heat from the charcoal) for one hour (first 30 mins outside skin down, then flip for next thirty). this would probably work in a regular oven, i just haven't tried it.

They come out really moist with the crispiest skin, all the under skin fat has melted away.

Then heat up some franks 1/2 and 1/2 with butter and toss the wings in it.

For a dipping sauce
    I buy some M&S sour cream and chive dipping sauce and some blue cheese.
    I crumble the blue cheese into the sourcream mix and leave over night.

Damn I'm hungry now, i know what I'm doing for dinner tomorrow :)

You are missing one vital part 1 Teaspoon Philidefia soft cheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

passionate wrote: »
    Hey Guys

Posted by yourself in 2011

'
    Restaurant Supervisor
    An exciting opportunity for an experienced Restaurant Supervisor to come on board and join the team for a new 60 seater Eatery opening in Rathgar, Co Dublin. This will be an independent Eatery so your role will be very much a hands on approach with responsibility for the smooth day to day running of the service team.
    Reporting to the owner, you will be responsible for:
    Managing and working with a service team.
    o Manage reservations and table management during service.
    Ensure high standards of friendly customer service are maintained at all times.
    Candidate Requirements:
    2-3 Years Experience in Restaurants or Hotels.
    o Sound knowledge of all aspects of the Restaurant Supervisor role including rostering, purchasing, reservations etc.
    Proven ability to supervise a team.
    Sound knowledge and passion for the food industry.
    To work well under own initiative and as part of a team.
    Ability to communicate well and understand the English language to a high standard.
    Salary: €25000-27000K
    Hours: 5 Days over 7
    So if you are seeking a new and exciting challenge and would like to be appreciated for your efforts, this is great position for you.

If you are interested in this position please send your CV via the link or send us an email and we can call you to answer any queries that you may have.'

Obvious shill. Please take your fake reviews of your own restaurant elsewhere

L5 wrote: »

Ouch :D

meow

Hootanany wrote: »
    You are missing one vital part 1 Teaspoon Philidefia soft cheese.

Not a philli fan, sorry...:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 232 ✭✭LilyCricket

'
    Restaurant Supervisor
    An exciting opportunity for an experienced Restaurant Supervisor to come on board and join the team for a new 60 seater Eatery opening in Rathgar, Co Dublin. This will be an independent Eatery so your role will be very much a hands on approach with responsibility for the smooth day to day running of the service team.
    Candidate Requirements:
    o Sound knowledge of all aspects of the Restaurant Supervisor role including rostering, purchasing, reservations etc.
    Ability to communicate well and understand the English language to a high standard.
    So if you are seeking a new and exciting challenge and would like to be appreciated for your efforts, this is great position for you.

If you are interested in this position please send your CV via the link or send us an email and we can call you to answer any queries that you may have.'

oh dear

scarlah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 funkyskunk

Buffalo 19 in Rathmines has my vote...also enjoyed the Elephant & Castle. I heard the Harbourmaster has good wings (I had a horrible steak in there a few weeks ago though).

funkyskunk wrote: »
    Buffalo 19 in Rathmines has my vote...also enjoyed the Elephant & Castle. I heard the Harbourmaster has good wings (I had a horrible steak in there a few weeks ago though).

Buffalo 19 - tasty
    Harbour master - muck

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kc87

Tried tribeca in ranelagh tonight with the missus. The wings where georgeous. very nice sauce and nice blue cheese. Big portion aswell so dont be fooled by them being down as a starter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Just back from Buffalo 19 in rathmines. I got the wings. Were quite tasty and I thought the blue cheese dip was nice. There was a decent size portion for 5.45

OH had the veggie burger which she was pleased with.

Would definatley go back if I was in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

'
    Restaurant Supervisor
    Candidate Requirements:

Poor, very poor

Just tried out Whoop Ass Chicken Wing Sauce.

Its hotter than Frank's, I love it.
    Can only get it in Harvey Nicks in Dundrum, or has anyone seen it in town?

barfizz wrote: »
    Just tried out Whoop Ass Chicken Wing Sauce.

Its hotter than Frank's, I love it.
    Can only get it in Harvey Nicks in Dundrum, or has anyone seen it in town?

If it's hotter then Franks hot sauce then I say the stuff is possible illegal :eek:
    But if you find anywhere in north Dublin let me know :) would like to try it myself

Slunk wrote: »
    Just back from Buffalo 19 in rathmines. I got the wings. Were quite tasty and I thought the blue cheese dip was nice. There was a decent size portion for 5.45

OH had the veggie burger which she was pleased with.

Would definatley go back if I was in the area.

I agree - Buffalo 19 is tasty possible the best I've ever tasted. you should try the below recipe, got the exact same recipe a couple of weeks ago on a different thread on here, so I made them a couple of weeks ago and tasted pretty much the same has buffalo 19 :) really good recipe, if done right.

Only thing missing is a decent blue chesse sauce - i Just legged it across the road to the local chippy and bought some blue cheese sauce there.

vibe666 wrote: »
    here's the quickest rundown i can give which should give you great results every time.
    • buy wings (usually in 2.99 packs in supermarkets)
    • refrigerate them
    • *cut wings at joints and discard the pointy tip (or save for stock)
    • toss the wings in a mixture of 3/4 plain flour and 1/4 cornflour with a teaspoon of smoked paprika and or a teaspoon of ground white or black (or half and half) pepper. (about half a cup of the mixture per pack of wings)
    • return to the fridge for at least 30 minutes
    • deep fry for 10-15 minutes on high until golden brown
    • melt equal parts of butter and franks 'original' hot sauce (not the buffalo wing sauce if you can avoid it, it's just hot sauce + artificial butter and it's gick). (use about half a cup of each per pack of wings)
    • if you like them vinegary, just toss in the cooked wings once the butter is melted, or alternatively, simmer off some of the vinegar for 5-10 minutes before tossing in the wings.
    • i find it makes tossing the wings easier if you use a wok for melting the butter and franks, it's just easier to toss them around than in a frying pan or whatever.
    • enjoy with the dip of your choice. :)
    *simplest example of hot to cut the wings is imagine you are about to have an arm wrestle and your arm is a chicken wing. you have the bicep bit and the bit between your elbow and your wrist. cut down through the elbow joint vertically and then cut off the wrist part and discard the hand. of course now you're never going to look at a wing the same again. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublin Mark

Have you tried Blue Bar in Skerries???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    If it's hotter then Franks hot sauce then I say the stuff is possible illegal :eek:

When making wings at home, add some cayenne pepper and some chilli flakes to the franks hot sauce. So hot, but so tasty. :)

Make sure to have plenty of blue cheese on the side for dipping.

Advertisement