Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Ally7 wrote: »
    Am i the only one disappointed with it? I dunno what I was expecting, but it's just a bit boring and awkward to use.......
    Nah your not the only one :p seems to be really buggy too.. Made my ever-faithful Firefox crash earlier on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Togepi wrote: »
    Looks like I'm a Ravenclaw.

I'm on -5 house points though. :o

I'm in Gryffindor. What is the first circle thing at the top supposed to be? Next to the Diagon Alley one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I'm in Slytherin. Hmmmmm. I expected Ravenclaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Going to play pottermore again :D Hopefully will get to see what house I get into!
    Btw I have two friends on it and dunno who they are haha :) Guessing two boardsie's lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I seem to be the only one in Hufflepuff . Is this a bad house? everyones in all of the other houses.

• Advertisement

Apparently I'm Slytherin material :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I'm in Hufflepuff as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I love doing accounting at 11:30 on a saturday night.

:pac:

Ally7 wrote: »
    I'm in Hufflepuff as well!

Glad I'm not the only one there lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jmclee

rkeano5 wrote: »
    Superbus wrote: »
    Oh, cool! I'll be the awkward, nerdy guy with glasses.

I'll be the same, (without glasses though) :-)

me too guys waheey
    im a girl though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Flabangav wrote: »
    I'm in Gryffindor. What is the first circle thing at the top supposed to be? Next to the Diagon Alley one?

No idea!

I kind of wanted to be a Hufflepuff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

All this Harry Potter talk reminded me of all the things me and my friends used to joke about around mocks ... Like how an E meant exceeding expectations and all those 0's on your test were really O's which meant Outstanding :L oh and if you got an A it was only acceptable :L :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I don't like Harry Potter...

Wesc. wrote: »
    I don't like Harry Potter...

This is no place for Muggle-folk... :cool:

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I've left ALL my Irish Oral work until now. And i'm either on Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon.. Derp..

I've left ALL my Irish Oral work until now. And i'm either on Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon.. Derp..

Same here for Spanish :/ Have it tomorrow at 9:45 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Hmm French.. NO.

Pretty much same here except I'm on tomorrow. Double derp. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Togepi wrote: »
    Pretty much same here except I'm on tomorrow. Double derp. :cool:

Same here :eek::eek:

I think my French oral is on Tuesday I might be early Tuesday as I'm like middle of the list. The two people before me have both left but they're still on the list. I don't know do I just go in after the person before them or if the examiner will even have been told that those have left :S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Does anyone have some tips for learning the sraith pictuiri ? I need to learn all 20 today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Caught stomach bug off kids I was babysitting last night.

FAN-****ING-TASTIC

:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

What should I be doing right now in preparation for the Irish oral. I'm fairly confident in my ability to speak Irish but I have nothing prepared at all. Might take a pee at some sraithphictúirí!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Ah the Irish oral. Did it just 6 days ago yet it feels like forever ago. :D

Ok I will have my 5 roleplays learnt in an hour :P Tired so need motivation..lol

Looking at the Sraith and I really want to get either: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 15, 16, 18, 19. They’re all fairly easca. Numbers 4, 12, 13, 14, 17 + 20 are terrible! :( . I have 14/20 chance of getting a nice one! 70% is not too bad :/

Gonna try and tackle 4, 13, 14 now so that'll be another 3 ticked off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Take a shot of sambuca before the oral, be grand. I speak better Irish with something in me!! :L

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Didn't really want to print that off. Not like it's 40% of my grade -.-

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Take a shot of sambuca before the oral, be grand. I speak better Irish with something in me!! :L

Or before English paper 1... imagine how creative you'd be in the essay drunk :rolleyes: Or maybe even weed.. I'd actually make such an amazing speech stoned :P

• Advertisement

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Didn't really want to print that off. Not like it's 40% of my grade -.-
    LCVP yeah? I thought my Portfolio was perfect, my teacher told me there was nothing wrong with it. Then the other teacher in my school went to a conference with like a Major Examiner or some head over LCVP and they gave sample perfect portfolios and there slightly different! I need the Distinction in LCVP and got 86% in the Mock but i'm unsure whether to change the portfolio or not! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement