Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post # 5885 #4894 & #5202

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Kenajonn wrote: »
    I for one have enjoyed watching Waterford. I think we are being a little disrespectful in saying they play a certain type of hurling that is boring. We should know better than most after all we were labelled a dirty team for the last few years. If we were not to win Liam this year, who could begrudge Waterford an all Ireland.

I would. Do you genuinely believe that they would return the favour if we beat them?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

I think to be fair now the quote was "could scorch" which to me they were talking about pace not hurling ability. Tyrell has been a brilliant corner back just ask Mullane. But once you get into your 30's you lose some of your pace and as Dunford is very quick i think he would beat him for pace. However hurling is not all about speed but reading of the game, heart, hunger, determination, stickwork etc etc which Jackie has in spades and even though he hasn't played up to his own high standards this year its definitely a huge plus for Waterford if he's not on the field.

Tony Browne -the older he got, the better he got.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,830 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    I would. Do you genuinely believe that they would return the favour if we beat them?

Which team that's left would? I'd rather waterford than either of the other teams win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Kenajonn

Then maybe you should understand when other counties do not want Kilkenny to win. If you begrudge a county one all Ireland what must they feel like when we are winning so many over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Kenajonn wrote: »
    Then maybe you should understand when other counties do not want Kilkenny to win. If you begrudge a county one all Ireland what must they feel like when we are winning so many over the last few years.

I'm of the opinion that the other teams must step up to Kilkenny's standards. It's all about the winning at senior inter-county level - as it is in any sport.

• Advertisement

Which team that's left would? I'd rather waterford than either of the other teams win it.

Id rather anyone than the noisy neighbours to win it. The boasting is bad enough when they win one game

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭skaface

Don't know how you'd cope if you were waiting since '59 like us to win one..
    That my friend is why we are the best supporters in the country , and genuine Waterford supporters would have admired the Kilkenny sides from the last decade..
    Don't be getting Gready now ;-))

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Buck Melanoma

skaface wrote: »
    Don't know how you'd cope if you were waiting since '59 like us to win one..
    That my friend is why we are the best supporters in the country , and genuine Waterford supporters would have admired the Kilkenny sides from the last decade..
    Don't be getting Gready now ;-))

Didn't ye win in 1963 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭HatchetMan7

Didn't ye win in 1963 ?

48 and 59. In 63 we were beaten by Eddie Keher. We did win the league in 63 i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭skaface

Didn't ye win in 1963 ?

We scored 6 goals in that AI and still got beaten :-((

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Id rather anyone than the noisy neighbours to win it. The boasting is bad enough when they win one game

Surprised Pmy thought more of you.

I'd say your dislike is coloring your assessment of the upcoming to by the way.

I was having a bit of a laugh there too by the way. I honestly dont care who wins if its not us. Probably wouldnt even watch the All Ireland as Id prob still be sulking that were not in it.

I do think ye will give us a game but experience and clinical forwards will get us over the line. Its much too soon for ye this year to be beating ourselves or Tipp. Ye should be delighted with how the year has gone even if ye do lose. Id give it another 2 years and ye will be there or thereabouts. Still think ye are missing a real marquee forward

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Buck Melanoma

2008, the year Waterford disgraced hurling eh? It's funny that you actually tried to pretend you would have no qualms seeing Waterford win an all Ireland. The only team you don't resent are Wexford from what I've seen, and the reason being ye lace them annually.

Well i was in the Davin Stand in 2008 and had a good view of the whole pitch and i have to say it was targeted premeditated assault on certain Kilkenny players. Big shout out to Eoin 'dancer' Murphy for his 'greeting' on Eddie Brennan. . It really annoys when i hear Kilkenny being accused of being dirty, cynical, playing on the edge when i have witnessed some of the asaults perpetuated (mostly unpunished )against Kilkenny players. Big shout out to Padraic Maher in 2012 semi final as i write this and of course Cathal McCallister.

Well i was in the Davin Stand in 2008 and had a good view of the whole pitch and i have to say it was targeted premeditated assault on certain Kilkenny players. Big shout out to Eoin 'dancer' Murphy for his 'greeting' on Eddie Brennan. . It really annoys when i hear Kilkenny being accused of being dirty, cynical, playing on the edge when i have witnessed some of the asaults perpetuated (mostly unpunished )against Kilkenny players. Big shout out to Padraic Maher in 2012 semi final as i write this and of course Cathal McCallister.

Yeah it was bad but lesson well and truly learnt after the hammering they got. In fairness, instructions from a man that is hated unanimously in Waterford and was neither the form since or before.

Think about 2004, 2009 and 2011. Do you recall anything similar? Would be surprised yed still hang onto that given the hammering ye gave us, plus I don't think there was any stroke like the one Maher gave to TJ Reid in 2012 albeit I only really could see what the forwards were at and what was going on between Seamus Prender and Tommy Walsh.

Yeah it was bad but lesson well and truly learnt after the hammering they got. In fairness, instructions from a man that is hated unanimously in Waterford and was neither the form since or before.

Think about 2004, 2009 and 2011. Do you recall anything similar? Would be surprised yed still hang onto that given the hammering ye gave us, plus I don't think there was any stroke like the one Maher gave to TJ Reid in 2012 albeit I only really could see what the forwards were at and what was going on between Seamus Prender and Tommy Walsh.

In fairness too, Davy sent out Eoin Murphy and Seamus Prendergast to get into scuffles with Kilkenny players. Anyone knows anything about these two will know that they are probably the cleanest players to play for Waterford at that time. I would actually say that it put both Murphy and Pender off their games to be told to do this before the ball was thrown in. An absolute crazy tactic from Davy especially asking those two players to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭3ships

Still I thought it was funny when Eoin Murphy gave Bishop Brennan (sorry Eddie Brennan) a kick in the a**e

I was having a bit of a laugh there too by the way. I honestly dont care who wins if its not us. Probably wouldnt even watch the All Ireland as Id prob still be sulking that were not in it.

I do think ye will give us a game but experience and clinical forwards will get us over the line. Its much too soon for ye this year to be beating ourselves or Tipp. Ye should be delighted with how the year has gone even if ye do lose. Id give it another 2 years and ye will be there or thereabouts. Still think ye are missing a real marquee forward

We're hoping that Patrick Curran, Shane Bennett and Austin Gleeson can become our marquee forwards over the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Wouldn't have a problem with the Deise. Though there's only so much of Maurice's fist pumping and crest clutching I can watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭3ships

citykat wrote: »
    Wouldn't have a problem with the Deise. Though there's only so much of Maurice's fist pumping and crest clutching I can watch.

In fairness to Maurice he is doing a good job of keeping the heat off the young lads around him. Also the most annoying thing in hurling is the cup lifting from your lads. Fair play but no comparison to the odd show of emotion elsewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭unrealtime

Tannion's blow on TJ was the worst I ever saw - so sneaky, the blow of a coward - and he was rewarded with an All Star for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭brookville

Jackie and richie are ruled out but mick fennelly should be playing

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭JimboJones99

3ships wrote: »
    Still I thought it was funny when Eoin Murphy gave Bishop Brennan (sorry Eddie Brennan) a kick in the a**e

I'd say that was the only laugh you got that day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭droppingball

3ships wrote: »

Sweet thing was Eddie never reacted and after around 5 minutes Murphy was running along the endline with the ball and eddie levelled him with a shoulder and buried two goals straight after. It was the perfect response. Can't imagine any Waterford fans enjoyed that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭blue note

372038.jpg

372037.jpg

Hopefully Kilkenny will stick to the hurling this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,830 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

blue note wrote: »
    372038.jpg

372037.jpg

Hopefully Kilkenny will stick to the hurling this time.

Yeah they really let themselves down that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭blue note

Yeah they really let themselves down that day.

Poor eoin mcgrath. The lad wouldn't hurt a fly. Very unfair to pick on him like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭redlead

blue note wrote: »
    Poor eoin mcgrath. The lad wouldn't hurt a fly. Very unfair to pick on him like that.

At least Tommy decided to pick on someone his own size. That time he decided to accidentally lash his hurley off Eoin Kellys wrist I thought kelly was going to kill him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Independent reporting that Richie Power, Jackie Tyrell and Mick Fennelly all out for next week.

We'll still put out a good team but the options from the bench will be limited compared to last year.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/kilkenny-face-injury-crisis-for-dise-clash-31414391.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭redlead

adrian522 wrote: »
    Independent reporting that Richie Power, Jackie Tyrell and Mick Fennelly all out for next week.

We'll still put out a good team but the options from the bench will be limited compared to last year.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/kilkenny-face-injury-crisis-for-dise-clash-31414391.html

Mick Fennelly must be one of the unluckiest men in Ireland with injuries. He was the best player in the country before they all stated in my opinion. Richie seems to be going the same way unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement