Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Voice Of Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

I'm looking forward to the Duet Battles. They were probably my favourite part of the Voice US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 pentiuminside

TwoFace wrote: »
    There is none,but I doubt you can have a empty seat where a judge should be just because they picked 12 while there are still TV auditions

TBH I only saw the US version besides this,and they hadnt filled their spots by the time the auditions were done,so they started bringing some of them back,so everyone did get a fair go in front of all the judges

Well I was there in the audience Joseph Kavanagh the tenor singer had no chance all the votes were gone and they edited the show to make it look like there was votes left! So unfair and he was such a nice guy and great singer my heart dropped for him it really did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

So unfair and he was such a nice guy and great singer my heart dropped for him it really did!

He wasnt "great", to be fair... He was good enough, and probably better than some of the singer they did put through.. But you could tell that he didnt have a huge amount of experience, and he's fairly early in his singing career..

However, if he was put up there on stage just to give them footage for the show when all the places were already taken, then that was extremely unfair and cynical of the producers/organisers.

So unfair and he was such a nice guy and great singer my heart dropped for him it really did!

He wasnt "great", to be fair... He was good enough, and probably better than some of the singer they did put through.. But you could tell that he didnt have a huge amount of experience, and he's fairly early in his singing career..

However, if he was put up there on stage just to give them footage for the show when all the places were already taken, then that was extremely unfair and cynical of the producers/organisers.

He was 100 times better than some of the acts put through. I guess its all about what takes your fancy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭el diablo

He was 100 times better than some of the acts put through. I guess its all about what takes your fancy.

Do you know this guy personally? No way would I say he "was 100 times better than some of the acts put through".

Anyway, that chap from Wasteoflife is beginning to get on my tits now. :mad:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

el diablo wrote: »

Do you know this guy personally? No way would I say he "was 100 times better than some of the acts put through".

Well regardless of whether he was brilliant our crap, he clearly didn't stand a chance either way setting as the judges had reached their quota. Bit of a stupid competition so if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭el diablo

Caraville wrote: »
    Well regardless of whether he was brilliant our crap, he clearly didn't stand a chance either way setting as the judges had reached their quota. Bit of a stupid competition so if you ask me.

Ok fair enough. I wasn't aware of that fact. Sounds a bit ridiculous to me too.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Why does there even have to be a quota? Wouldn't it be better if they could have as many as they wanted and then there was one less "audition episode" and there is an episode in which each judge picks their final 12? You could lead into this "sing-off" episode then.

I'm no producer or anything bit surely that is one thousand times fairer then this quota shíte?

el diablo wrote: »

Anyway, that chap from Wasteoflife is beginning to get on my tits now. :mad:

Well you tell me which is better in your opinion? Like I would of thaught this was a no brainer. I dont know him at all, as I said I was there and seen and heard a lot of what was edited out. He did sing great they cut out a lot of his song.

Here is what was put through as a tenor singer

Now listen to the other lad singin the same song

My point is they just put him on it he was good and he had no chance as all the votes were gone. Brian Kennedy said clearly before this lad came on stage "all our votes are gone are we finished now" and a producer had a little whisper in his air and the show went on! As you can see you dont hear all of his song so its edited.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Richie..Galway

off topic i know sorry.. but does anybody know the name of the song that being played while sharon was talking about her final 12 it sounded like sexy boy by Air but slower. it's really bugging me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 bugz

I love the way whenever a comment about the coaches screwing the contestants is posted to their facebook page their is magically about 20-30 status updates to hide the comments, anyone else notice this?? Seriously try it out.......sneaky bastards

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

bugz wrote: »
    I love the way whenever a comment about the coaches screwing the contestants is posted to their facebook page their is magically about 20-30 status updates to hide the comments, anyone else notice this?? Seriously try it out.......sneaky bastards
    Wheres their facebook page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Both really good singers

Both really good singers
    My hairs are rising. Go for liam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

That was really good from both in fairness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

that was just beautiful- must have missed these 2 in the auditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Was hoping he'd pick him :)

leahyl wrote: »
    That was really good from both in fairness!
    I was right, the other guy was oversinging

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Why / who is the new judge ( sorry I missed the start )

twirlagig wrote: »
    Was hoping he'd pick him :)

Yeh but have a feeling the public might prefer the other guy. Too late now tho

• Advertisement

No contest between the next two - Oh, a whitney song :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Was that Dara one in some band years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Oh this should be good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I don't know about putting two people in a duet and then dumping one of them.

A duet is meant to be two complementary voices working in harmony, not both singers trying to outdo each other.

Major disadvantage for pat no guitar & female song??

This guy is missing his guitar I think

pat is better, amazing voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

he's good- gravelly voice (that's a compliment)

Skid wrote: »
    I don't know about putting two people in a duet and then dumping one of them.

A duet is meant to be two complementary voices working in harmony, not both singers trying to outdo each other.

I find it strange as well,could be losing strong singers even though they sang well in the duet

• Advertisement

Song really suits her but I love him :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Leo Dowling

She fairly nailed that chorus.

Pats voice is gravilly like Brian Adams.....

Kathryn is looking pretty hot in that little black number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,494 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tough choice for Bressie but come on Pat

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Its pretty exciting or else I need to get out more.

• Advertisement

eternal wrote: »
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Its pretty exciting or else I need to get out more.

I'm so excited I just can't fight it!

Hi people, was out doing a bit of singing myself... Did I miss anything.. Has anybody punched the head off Kian Egan yet?

YAY!!! :cool::D

Im not gone on how theyve set this up.

This should be interesting!
    My moneys on her.......

• Advertisement

1966 wrote: »
    My moneys on her.......

Could be tight, I'm sitting on the fence....maybe a draw would be the fair result

Really think they should have just paired them up and let each have go at the song on their own and then pick the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Must be cold there.

1966 wrote: »
    My moneys on her.......

This is stupid, two of the best singers in there and they put them up against each other singing a bloody REM slow song..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Brian wants her to keep her Classical voice ... and to keep the melody of 'Everybody Hurts'.

He also wants the Moon on a Stick :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

"Two will enter the ring" - Reminds me of a film I once saw.

Alan has won this already...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,494 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Alan is miles better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Leo Dowling

Yer man has it by a country mile. The woman is well off pitch.

Not gone on this....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement