Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 not recieving texts from 3

Options
  • 07-10-2009 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

I'm on the 3 mobile network and none of my texts are being recieved by O2 contacts.

I can send fine to vodafone.
    Anyone else having this problem and know why? Or how to fix?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Ring 3 and ask them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Because 3 is rubbish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

run your phone under the tap, its probably just a bit dirty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I know nobody on 3 so I am not affected

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Because 3 is rubbish?
    You're rubbish :(

network defense mode

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

You're rubbish :(

network defense mode

You're the only person I know who's on 3! And Sadly, you're not enough to make it a reputable network, in my eyes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

You're the only person I know who's on 3! And Sadly, you're not enough to make it a reputable network, in my eyes :P
    Fine :mad:................:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SteeveSmith

just called them
    they told me to go to the three store and get them to look at it
    useless
    only good thing about that phone call is that they played 3 is the magic number when they put me on hold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Both are inferior to Meteor. That's the real problem

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

People actually use 3?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Because 3 is rubbish?

Ridiculous, 3's the magic number.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

3 slept with o2s sister and never called her back so they aren't speaking any more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

I thought this was common knowledge? If you have are on the 3 network you can't text anyone on the 02 network.

Google stuff like "cannot text o2 from 3" without quotes for more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Mobile phone forum
    >

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

I moved to 3 today.

Mostly for data usage. I don't like anyone enough to be bothered texting them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Did you by any chance port your number over to 3 recently?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

All of my 3texts are delivered to all 4 networks. On the other hand none of my 086 webtexts were being received by 087 last night!!!

no ive been with them since christmas.
    a friend of mine is having the same problem but for the past week.
    ill call them tomorrow again if its still not working

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭John Player

I've an 083 number but I'm 02, I had issues getting texts from my mum on 02 and sending to my mate on vodafone. Had to send 4 times before got delivered

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm with 3 and can send messages to everyone trouble free bar one person. Can't remember what network he's on but sometimes it just refuses to send a text to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

probably tesco, o2's better half......

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Paddyo

My wife is having the same problem. Texts being sent by her 3 phone to 02 are not being received.. My texts (from 02) are not getting to her.

Only started happening yesterday evening

Paddyo

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭busman

Am having same issue here in Bandon as well, can't send or receive texts with 3 as of yesterday evening!
    Wife will call India when she is back from shopping :-)

As for the reason we have 3 is it so the wife can skype with her family in the US! Honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

busman wrote: »
    Am having same issue here in Bandon as well, can't send or receive texts with 3 as of yesterday evening!
    Wife will call India when she is back from shopping :-)

As for the reason we have 3 is it so the wife can skype with her family in the US! Honest!

You keep telling yourself that and we'll keep believing it. :p

Is this issue location specific or does it appear to be happening everywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Rsaeire wrote: »
    You keep telling yourself that and we'll keep believing it. :p

Is this issue location specific or does it appear to be happening everywhere?

Same happening with me and the wife too. She's 02 and i'm 3,only got a message she sent yesterday morning just now. Never happened before,i'd imagine it's only a temporary glitch. I'm in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

I'm on the 3 mobile network and none of my texts are being recieved by O2 contacts.

I can send fine to vodafone.
    Anyone else having this problem and know why? Or how to fix?

I am on three and I did not get some texts. Others were taking hours to send and I am sure other were taking hours to get to me..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

The problem is due to an transmission failure on O2's side. BT is looking into it and it should be fully sorted soon.

workin again!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

ha, I knew it was an o2 fault, they really are gone to pot......i'd expect a lot more of this sort of thing from those bubble heads as they continue to overload their 1930's cup and rope of a network.....:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

ha, I knew it was an o2 fault, they really are gone to pot......i'd expect a lot more of this sort of thing from those bubble heads as they continue to overload their 1930's cup and rope of a network.....:pac:

:rolleyes: Of course you did.

Advertisement