Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭dirtypanties

Lol@next episode!
    'The truth Barry-The truth!'

Expecting Barry to say:

'You can't handle the truth'!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

Dont speak too soon....that'll probably return in a week or two again:eek:

Ha ha - BRING IT ON!! He's so full of innuendo & Jo get's so flustered it's brilliant. Just great!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭Carstuck

Think Deegan needed a bigger notepad with all Barry had to explain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Expecting Barry to say:
    'You can't handle the truth'!:D

That's exactly what I was thinking of.. The whole storyline ended with a whimper.. I was hoping for an airport chase or something..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

In fairness, the scriptwriters have written something a bit original.. usually with a secret like that there's a big build up and then it's revealed at a party or social occasion.. (And in Eastenders it usually happens on xmas week).. Telling Paul so early was a bit of a curveball..

I agree. Eastenders crawl along with their storylines. Drip, Drip for months, then lo and behold on Christmas Day a huge dramatic end. Ronnie/Danielle storyline comes to mind. What a disappointment. The Kat and Ronnie baby swap plot was painful. Anyway, back to Fair City. I enjoyed Fair City tonight. Barry offering to call the guards ending the nightmare. It was realistic. Poor old Denzo didn't see that attack of conscience coming.
    Deegan will be in seventh heaven. The fallout should be interesting. How will Vivienne react when she discovers Denzo's involvement. She is just trying to accept Barry's role in the death of Sarah. Interesting times ahead.

Thanks Angel for your interesting gems of information. I always find them enjoyable and it makes the show more exciting to watch. Delighted to see you back. Long may it last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

ameliajane wrote: »
    How will Vivienne react when she discovers Denzo's involvement. She is just trying to accept Barry's role in the death of Sarah. Interesting times ahead.

Maybe Vivienne might leave with Charlotte at the end of all this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,504 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Zumo reminds me of the fella who plays Capone on Boardwalk Empire

Maybe Vivienne might leave with Charlotte at the end of all this.

Leaving us with Eileen and the three stooges.

Wonder if Dennis is going to get dragged into this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Great episode tonight I thought. Barry is very convincing in his scenes.
    I hope they have one episode completely devoted to Barrys storyline. I thought this would drag on till Xmas but maybe the scriptwriters got their dates wrong!!! ;)
    How can the Halpins afford to eat out all the time?
    No Neasa tonight!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

Is the actor who plays Barry leaving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

angel01 wrote: »
    She has no point at the moment, I don't like her either :o I find her a bit wooden for my liking, all she does is hang around the house or go to work... come to think of it... she sounds like me! :pac:

Angel great to see you back. I just think if she could relax more into her role, but it just looks like no-one on fair city knows where their character is going. Maybe this is the problem with some of the actors.

With regard to Laura I would love to tie her hands down when she is talking - it looks like she does not know how to move and talk at the same time.

I believe Barry and Ray are brothers in real life Barry - Pat Nolan, Ray - Mick Nolan.

Poor Vivienne, her ex-hubby is in prison and her ex-fiance is about to enter! Her sons are not too far behind them. What a disappointment for her.

Damien deserves to be canonized. His forgiveness for Suzanne is amazing.

I believe Barry and Ray are brothers in real life Barry - Pat Nolan, Ray - Mick Nolan.

Poor Vivienne, her ex-hubby is in prison and her ex-fiance is about to enter! Her sons are not too far behind them. What a disappointment for her.

Maybe its a chance to see Paddy Bishop.

???Vivienne visits Barry in the prison. Vivienne looks across to the table on left and sees Paddy. Hello Paddy.She looks to the right and sees Denzo. Hello Dennis.;);)

Damien deserves to be canonized. His forgiveness for Suzanne is amazing.

Even Mark. Its hardly a month since he was kicking the s**t out of her in the park.

Now they're all happy families

Who would that be?... Larry, Curly and (Zu-)Mo

Spin off show Prisoner Cell Block C (C for Carrigstown) :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Wonder if Dennis is going to get dragged into this

Perhaps. Mark knows Denzo was involved in some murder. He might put two and two together. Finn also might have a suspicion when he hears. After the station was robbed he said he saw who took the money on cctv. Surely he'd have seen Denzo in there talking to Barry just before the incident as well.

• Advertisement

Epicurus wrote: »
    Perhaps. Mark knows Denzo was involved in some murder. He might put two and two together. Finn also might have a suspicion when he hears. After the station was robbed he said he saw who took the money on cctv. Surely he'd have seen Denzo in there talking to Barry just before the incident as well.

There is evidence all right if Deegan digs deep enough.

Where is Esther?? shes hasnt been on for a while. would like to see her reaction to Barry's plight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

I can see this all turning around on Denzo, Barry blaming him for killing her and Barry was only trying to protect him and this is why it took him so long to come to the Garda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

There's facebook pages (people pages) dedicated to zumo bishop, barry and dolores at least, I was friends with them all :P

I hate the way mark talks, always looking towards the ground, and that troll he's with now isn't much better.

Also barry goes to cry and no tears??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Unfortunately, I don't have Bob Charles money though :(:(

You may not have his money but you have Louie......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is the actor who plays Barry leaving?

I don't think so, least I hope not anyway :(
    deelite wrote: »
    You may not have his money but you have Louie......:D

Not all bad then ;):D

If anyone here wins the set tour... please bring me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Anyone think Deegan should not be investigating the Sarah case ?
    He did know her after all. And he knows Barry. Conflicting interest on the case.

ALso if Barry wanted to go to the Aiport why did he get on the 19A ? T'is gone now aswell.

I thought I saw a bus ticket as he got on.

Deegan needs a new less noisey notepad!!

Ste- wrote: »
    He did know her after all. And he knows Barry. Conflicting interest on the case.

ALso if Barry wanted to go to the Aiport why did he get on the 19A ? T'is gone now aswell.

He was probably getting a bus to Drumcondra and then getting the 16A :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭halkar

I think Sarah will be back :D
    Denzo doesn't know where he buried her and probably never did and dumped her somewhere.

Ste- wrote: »

Plus Deegan had a thing for Sarah

I heard another ad voiced by the supposedly dead Turlough... Sounds like him on the Garda speed cameras ad... I wonder will they be bringing out another ad warning of the danger of badly hung mirrors..

• Advertisement

I heard another ad voiced by the supposedly dead Turlough... Sounds like him on the Garda speed cameras ad... I wonder will they be bringing out another ad warning of the danger of badly hung mirrors..

Or on the danger of glass coffee tables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Or on the danger of glass coffee tables.

The general message of Fair City in the last year seems to be "Don't trust your furniture." I expect to see a sofa galloping down the street some night with Denzo clamped in its teeth, or bedside lamps raining down on the Station.

Even Mark. Its hardly a month since he was kicking the s**t out of her in the park.

Now they're all happy families

It is extraordinary. Suzanne is a husband beater and she really was a witch in those domestic violence scenes. She is now back to her nice old self again. It is sort of a jekyll and Hyde storyline. Phenomenal.

halkar wrote: »
    Denzo doesn't know where he buried her and probably never did and dumped her somewhere.

Well, Eastenders had the biggest miracle ever with Dirty Den coming back from the dead. Dallas did as well with Bobby Ewing. So perhaps, a miracle will happen in Carrigstown. It is now Fair City's turn to show that stranger than fiction side to their storylines. Sarah could just be planning her comeback!

Do they find her body at all?

It is extraordinary. Suzanne is a husband beater and she really was a witch in those domestic violence scenes. She is now back to her nice old self again. It is sort of a jekyll and Hyde storyline. Phenomenal.

She is supposed to have had counselling and taken time away to "recover", maybe her pregnancy will bring nasty Suzanne out of her again :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭optogirl

Agree - I bet if this had been a man beating wife story line and it was explained away as a chemical inbalance and he was back to being Mr Nice Guy there would be uproar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭halkar

Do they find her body at all?

No, Denzo took Barry to somewhere but he was not sure of it or something like that. I think Barry will take the gardai to the same location and they will find nothing. Probably that is where Denzo will get in the story line between Barry and gardai as Barry doesnt really know what Denzo did with Sarah's body. I don't think Fair City will write off Barry and Denzo anytime soon and they can not drag this story line for months. Maybe there will be Sarah's return xmas day . :D

Barry found a bottle of holy water on the grave and he showed it to Paul. It was as if it
    was a mark of respect to Sarah and also a way of knowing that she was buried in that spot.

Have to say that Barry is doing a really good job with this storyline, I have been gripped by it... I thought Paul & Niamh have also worked well in the recent episodes, after being dragged into it at a late stage..

I think I remember Mark mentioning Loretta a few months ago.. so I don't think it is a new thing...

Love Eileen's new hair... suits her....

• Advertisement

No, Denzo took Barry to somewhere but he was not sure of it or something like that. I think Barry will take the gardai to the same location and they will find nothing. Probably that is where Denzo will get in the story line between Barry and gardai as Barry doesnt really know what Denzo did with Sarah's body. I don't think Fair City will write off Barry and Denzo anytime soon and they can not drag this story line for months. Maybe there will be Sarah's return xmas day . :D

Decco might dig her up and plant her in Bob's place :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

What should happen is that when they dig there'll be no body! Would make it a lot more exciting. Though I think Denzo doesn't have the brain power for anything highly intricately planned or executed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭jos28

Have to say that Barry is doing a really good job with this storyline, I have been gripped by it... I thought Paul & Niamh have also worked well in the recent episodes, after being dragged into it at a late stage..

I think I remember Mark mentioning Loretta a few months ago.. so I don't think it is a new thing...

Love Eileen's new hair... suits her....

Welcome back Angel, delighted that normal service has been resumed ! I agree with you about Barry's performance, he is doing an excellent job. Glad to see Niamh and Paul tackling something else for a change. The FC hair dept has been busy.First Esther and now Eileen not forgetting Charlotte, who looks completely different without the wig.

If there is no body how can Barry be charged :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Ideally when they dig up the body Deegan will report back that Sarah was trying to claw her way out of the grave but suffocated. :eek:
    Yeah it's a bit macabre but it should really tip Barry over the edge - not to mention Denzo.

There really would be no way back for Barry after that though........

If there is no body how can Barry be charged :confused:

It seems that it is possible from reading this link: here
    jos28 wrote: »
    Welcome back Angel, delighted that normal service has been resumed ! I agree with you about Barry's performance, he is doing an excellent job. Glad to see Niamh and Paul tackling something else for a change. The FC hair dept has been busy.First Esther and now Eileen not forgetting Charlotte, who looks completely different without the wig.

Thank you :) They have been busy... I must say I think Charlotte looks quite well and really different! Do you think they can touch Louie's hair next? :D

Good to see Niamh & Paul getting something they can sink their teeth into, badly needed!

I Do you think they can touch Louie's hair next? :D

There would be a queue of women only dying to touch Louie's hair (and the rest !).

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭dirtypanties

jos28 wrote: »
    There would be a queue of women only dying to touch Louie's hair (and the rest !).

Yes-I am at the start of that queue-everyone form an orderly line behind me...

Although if Robert clicked his fingers I so would....!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Louie is vile!! *shudder*

• Advertisement

C-J wrote: »
    Louie is vile!! *shudder*

:eek::eek: C-J, I'm shocked ! Wash your mouth out immediately
    cafsca2.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement