Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I spoke to God!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

bluewolf wrote: »
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=227
    Off you go then!

"What happened on 9/11 2001"
    What did happen on the 9th Nov?
    A close friend had his 25th birthday party. It was fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

foxinsox wrote: »
    Thank you.

I can see the reception my post has got :) although I would have thought higher of the intelligence of boardsies.. the point is that I am not religious at all...hence the talking to God twice in all those years..

And what I actually said to him after watching innocent people jump from a burning building was "Oh Dear God" that was it, not a long chat but enough to make my point to him!

I think it was a very sad day..that's all..

Higher intelligence? You mean the intelligence of someone who "speaks" to God, then manages to ignore the seven year long devestation of millions of lives in a country Carrie Bradshaw doesn't live in, before "speaking to God" again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

foxinsox wrote: »
    I spoke to God for the first time in about ten years, the last time I spoke to him was September 11 2001

Whether he exists or not is another matter, but tonight I felt the need to speak to him.

I am watching TV3's 9/11 102mins that changed the world.

I know this is After Hours but I am very suprised that there isn't a thread here already about it. I have also realised that the world has moved on, but watching this show has brought all the horror of it back.

It seems that many of the boardsies were very young at the time, But my feelings tonight are "Even though our country is shiv sometimes, aren't we lucky to be alive!"

What happened on 9/11 2001 was horrific and may all those poor people Rest in Peace.

I realise people here may take the piss, but I honestly felt moved to say something. My thoughts tonight are with all the victims and their families.

YOU SPOKE TO GOD? weird thread title imo.... + i think its in the wrong Place? this is after hours? Where Is the mods ? ? ? ? ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Have you read The Bible?
    No. What happened in the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

The whole 9/11 thing pisses me off no end. We'll never hear the end of it - it's treated as a world changing event and not the event that was used to try & change the world, which is a completely different thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

davyjose wrote: »

The Butler did it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

bluewolf wrote: »
    Getting weepy over 11/9 is being intelligent? :confused:

edit: I admit I'm tired and irritable though

the intelligent bit being able to figure out that speaking to god twice in all those years means i'm not a religious person.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

davyjose wrote: »

Harry beat HWSNBM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

I'm watching that too and I'm not trying to de-rail your thread but it got me to thinking about something completely different.

Suppose the towers didn't fall down but were obviously destroyed and had to e demolished.
    How would you go about demolishing those suckers??
    There was a program on a few weeks ago showing that the towers had to be demolished as there was not enough heat from a jet to bring them down. Do people honestly think that someone with a few flying lessons in a small plane could hijack a jet fly it 3/4 hour off course and hit the world trade center dead on? If a plane goes off course in the US fighter jets are sent after it in a very short time as was the case a few weeks before 9/11 when crew and passengers passed out in a jet. How did they know who the hijackers were so soon after?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

There was a program on a few weeks ago showing that the towers had to be demolished as there was not enough heat from a jet to bring them down. Do people honestly think that someone with a few flying lessons in a small plane could hijack a jet fly it 3/4 hour off course and hit the world trade center dead on? If a plane goes off course in the US fighter jets are sent after it in a very short time as was the case a few weeks before 9/11 when crew and passengers passed out in a jet. How did they know who the hijackers were so soon after?
    Here we go...

Apt Username!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

True to your name anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

argosy2006 wrote: »
    not killed on purpose though,
    no allied forces set out to kill innocent people,

Nor did the terrorists. It's easy to forget that they attacked the political, military and financial centres of the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Wait......Which God?

goose2005 wrote: »
    Nor did the terrorists. It's easy to forget that they attacked the political, military and financial centres of the US.

Yeah, because the World Trade Centre was ull of evil murdering soldiers :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

They were not jets, all video evidence was photo shopped afterwards. In reality they were cruise missiles, prepacked explosives were used as the back up.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Was it called 'Ripleys Believe it or not?'

<
    conspiracy forum

or maybe
    >

I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Those terrorist communist freedom stealers make me talk to god too

• Advertisement

Mrmoe wrote: »
    They were not jets, all video evidence was photo shopped afterwards. In reality they were cruise missiles, prepacked explosives were used as the back up.:cool:

You're getting mixed up, Neil Armstrong was murdered as he flew from the Grassy Knoll on a Cruise Missile!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

How did they know who the hijackers were so soon after?

They found the passport of one of the hijackers on the pavement below one of the towers

Mrmoe wrote: »
    I know that, they wanted everyone to believe they were jets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Agent J wrote: »
    Wait......Which God?

:) eh any of them... I'm not fussy!

I am typing MY opinion of what I think about that day and that day only.

It was horrific that that many innocent people died.. that is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I sometimes get the feeling that the events of 9/11 were staged by Hollywood so they could revitalise the 'disaster film' and 'war film' genres.

Every second film that's come out of Hollywood since 9/11, falls into one of those brackets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Prove every single word of what you're saying right. Go on.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 194 ✭✭KidKeith89

Fair play to you OP. I don't know what sort of reception your post will get considering the typically militant anti-religious sentiment on AH.

Damn right!

They found the passport of one of the hijackers on the pavement below one of the towers
    And you believe that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Go to the physics & chemistry forum on boards, there's a 4 page discussion
    on this topic basically taking the nonsense apart...

• Advertisement

Prove every single word of what you're saying right. Go on.
    There was a program on a few weeks ago showing............

BAM!!!

Showed you!

Advertisement