Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I spoke to God!

Options
  • 07-09-2010 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭

I spoke to God for the first time in about ten years, the last time I spoke to him was September 11 2001

Whether he exists or not is another matter, but tonight I felt the need to speak to him.

I am watching TV3's 9/11 102mins that changed the world.

I know this is After Hours but I am very suprised that there isn't a thread here already about it.
    EDIT (Apologies, there is one!)

I have also realised that the world has moved on, but watching this show has brought all the horror of it back.

It seems that many of the boardsies were very young at the time, But my feelings tonight are "Even though our country is shiv sometimes, aren't we lucky to be alive!"

What happened on 9/11 2001 was horrific and may all those poor people Rest in Peace.

I realise people here may take the piss, but I honestly felt moved to say something.

My thoughts tonight are with all the victims and their families.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

foxinsox wrote: »
    I know this is After Hours but I am very suprised that there isn't a thread here already about it.

Jesus H christ did you even look?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I'm watching that too and I'm not trying to de-rail your thread but it got me to thinking about something completely different.

Suppose the towers didn't fall down but were obviously destroyed and had to e demolished.
    How would you go about demolishing those suckers??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

i,m watching, brings it all back :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

There is a thread about it, and what has God got to do with your post?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Do you speak to him after innocent civilians are killed almost everyday by allied forces in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Didn't think so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bloody Nipples

I spoke to God for the first time in about ten years, the last time I spoke to him was September 11 2001

Whether he exists or not is another matter, but tonight I felt the need to speak to him.

I am watching TV3's 9/11 102mins that changed the world.

I know this is After Hours but I am very suprised that there isn't a thread here already about it. I have also realised that the world has moved on, but watching this show has brought all the horror of it back.

It seems that many of the boardsies were very young at the time, But my feelings tonight are "Even though our country is shiv sometimes, aren't we lucky to be alive!"

What happened on 9/11 2001 was horrific and may all those poor people Rest in Peace.

I realise people here may take the piss, but I honestly felt moved to say something. My thoughts tonight are with all the victims and their families.

Well that was entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

What did god say to you? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Go on the Late Late and tell the country about it. You may even get a few donations if you convince people to head to Knock to see the Virgin Mary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

bluewolf wrote: »
    Jesus H christ did you even look?

Yes I did, as far as I can see the other thread is about "where were you on 9/11?"

I did not see on my search a thread about the TV3 documentary which is airing right now.

And my name is Fox, it seems you might have got me mixed up with some Jesus fella.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭CokaColumbo

Fair play to you OP. I don't know what sort of reception your post will get considering the typically militant anti-religious sentiment on AH.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I talk to god as much as I talk to satan. I like to hear both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I did not see on my search a thread about the TV3 documentary which is airing right now.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=227
    Off you go then!

"What happened on 9/11 2001"
    What did happen on the 9th Nov?

BluesBerry wrote: »
    What did god say to you? :rolleyes:

Just because I spoke to him doesn't mean I got an answer!

I thought that the fact that the last time I spoke to him was Sep 11 2001 would alert readers to the fact that I actually don't speak to him much! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭oxygenman

He didn't mention anything about the economy or the banks by any chance? No clues on when an election might be happening? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

OP, it was probably just the small lonely voice from your sig.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Elessar wrote: »
    Do you speak to him after innocent civilians are killed almost everyday by allied forces in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Didn't think so.

not killed on purpose though,
    no allied forces set out to kill innocent people,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ironically enough, so did the terrorists!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Just because I spoke to him doesn't mean I got an answer!

I thought that the fact that the last time I spoke to him was Sep 11 2001 would alert readers to the fact that I actually don't speak to him much! :)

So you prayed then?

Mis-leading thread title OP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

The Doc was on Ch 4 the other day, there is another thread about it. Not the 'What were you doing on 9/11' thread, another one. yer.

S'good documentary. Very spooky.

Ps. if you're talkin' to God again ask him to stop with the feckin floods already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,047 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Gods response is to get the hell over it.

bluewolf wrote: »
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=227
    Off you go then!

"What happened on 9/11 2001"
    What did happen on the 9th Nov?

Thank you once again for being so helpful, your link has directed me to the television forum, which I checked six pages of...

So I'm sorry but I can't see a thread on tonight's TV3 show. Apologies if I am mistaken but there doesn't seem to be one as far as I can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

The obliteration of Baghdad was shown on TV too -- will you be speaking to God on the 20th of March 2013?

Don't leave Him hanging. i'm sure He'll be beside himself with anticipation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Fair play to you OP. I don't know what sort of reception your post will get considering the typically militant anti-religious sentiment on AH.

Thank you.

I can see the reception my post has got :) although I would have thought higher of the intelligence of boardsies.. the point is that I am not religious at all...hence the talking to God twice in all those years..

And what I actually said to him after watching innocent people jump from a burning building was "Oh Dear God" that was it, not a long chat but enough to make my point to him!

I think it was a very sad day..that's all..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

........ deleted

Thank you.

I can see the reception my post has got :) although I would have thought higher of the intelligence of boardsies..

Getting weepy over 11/9 is being intelligent? :confused:

edit: I admit I'm tired and irritable though

Thanks and apologies, I did search 9/11 honestly.. and I don't have Channel 4 so wouldn't have seen it.

So sorry to all for repeating a thread.. I'll have a read of that one too..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

OP, this "God" character would have LOVED this sh*t!

Have you read The Bible? He was a horrible, jealous tyrant!

He was probably watching Sky News that day with a big bag of Popcorn!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

MrStuffins wrote: »
    OP, this "God" character would have LOVED this sh*t!

Have you read The Bible? He was a horrible, jealous tyrant!

He was probably watching Sky News that day with a big bag of Popcorn!
    I know I was!

Advertisement