Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direlict building on Sarsfield Street

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

We should all meet up and watch the Scream trilogy before they release the next instalment this year. Then we'd all know the rules!

Arrange some pub to do cinema nights and I'm on for it. I've seen too many horror films to risk calling around to someone's house...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Arrange some pub to do cinema nights and I'm on for it. I've seen too many horror films to risk calling around to someone's house...

That's actually a great idea IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

keane2097 wrote: »
    That's actually a great idea IMO.

Yeah, one of my favourite pubs in Galway (the Oslo in Salthill) has a cinema night every Tuesday, wish they'd open a sister pub in Limerick (great German beer stocked too).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

I have always said that this building would make a fantastic cinema/theatre complex for the city with a big hall maybe its time Limerick started playing Ice Hockey !

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Persiancowboy

Thanks Op.....this thread brings back memories from my youth in the '70s. Before Dunnes took over that property it was the former Stokes & McKerins (hope I've spelt McKerins correctly) building. It lay derelict for many years and there were periodic stories about the building being haunted.

I recollect some coverage in the local press at one time about a bad experience a night-time security guard had there.....the story was that a "Blue Lady" haunted the place. Naturally enough we all laughed but few were prepared to go in there at night.....

Had not heard of any issues during Dunnes' tenure on the site but then again I'm a long time gone from Limerick. Now that it's derelict again these stories are bound to reappear......a bit like the ghost!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement