Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claim to Lame

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I played Tennis one court from Martin Keown in Galway like 10 years ago, I got his autograph and I was going to challenge him to a game of Tennis but I didn't have the balls :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Was at the table next to the Tyrone football team at the last Galway races.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

That you're a star fella, can't remember his name, stole my pen once. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Waiting for the lift in Dublin Airport, who should appear when the doors open but Craig from Big Brother 1! Beat that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

once had my dirty little way with a girl who used ta go out with davor suker (legendary soccer player)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Met Gaybo at Galway Oyster Fest a couple of years ago, the man was sound out, bang on. We chatted for a good quarter of an hour. Also saw thierry henry score a hat-trick but then again so did the 38500 other supporters at the match :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Pauline Mcglynn laughed sarcastically at a joke she thought I made when I was about 15, doing work experience. I was going to offer her a cup of tea afterwards but chickened out.

I also saw M People and Boyzone in the Airport during the height of their respective fames.

But my biggest claim to lame is seeing Buffalo G, also at the airport!

edit: I also saw gaybo in Howth train station a few months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

saw james brown at dublin airport years ago and roared "alright jimmy" and he waved back at me.

judi dench once went on a union march with my dad (and several other thousand strikers).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I convinced a few people in a pub once that Gary Lightbody, Mickey Harte and a few other 'celebs' were in the same pub. They weren't but there were some guys there who looked like them. Tried to get non-Mickey Harte to sing that song from Eurovision but he didn't know it.

Packie Bonner was on the same Air Lingus flight to New York as me. He was very nice to anyone who approached him.

Mick Galway was signing copies of his book in a phone shop once. You got a free book if you bought a phone, but I didn't want to buy a phone so I ran in with my maths book, asked him to sign it, said 'You rock' and ran out again.

And my biggest claim to lame: Sinead from that band Six went to the same school as me and I got her autograph when she visited. (In fairness, I tried to sell it to the little girl I was minding that night, thus restoring my street cred...she had no money though so I threw the autograph away.)

Advertisement