Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleep well last night??

Options
  • 04-01-2011 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭

Seems an awful lot of people had a terrible nights sleep last night, FB is littered with status updates of people saying they couldnt sleep. How about you, sleep well last night?

What could it be down to? Is there a scientific reason? Related to the earthquake in England, or the solar eclipse at dawn this morning? Our proximity to the sun? Or is it just down to the stress of most people returning to work this morning?

Did you sleep well last night? 117 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 117 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

zuroph wrote: »
    FB is littered with status updates of people saying they couldnt sleep.

Stalkers be stalkin'. :p

Actually had a f*cked up dream this morning! All I remember is that I was still in it even with my eyes wide open.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Couldn't sleep a wink last night, I wasn't even remotely tired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

That **** guaranteed a good snooze. A good work out it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Everyone had 'The Fear' after the Xmas drinking, people were imagining spiders in their bed, fellas with rats for eyes mauling them and just general fear about being in the dark!

It prob also didn't help that they only got out of bed at 2pm yesterday and then expected to fall asleep again at 11 or 12, you have to give a couple of days readjustment before the return of work!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Tonight was the 1st night I fell asleep quickly since the start of the Christmas holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Just lay in the bed all night dying of the flu and stressing over work. Thank Christ it's a short week lads!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I slept really well last night though it could be because I went to bed really quite late.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,009 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Six hours spent with a 3 year old's feet stuck in the side of my neck.

Bad dream? You asked for the zombie story.

That's what I'll say. Next time.

Thank Christ it's a short week lads!:mad:

OH YEAH!

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭George83

I slept really well, better than I have in months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭zeusnero

this is wierd - I had the worst night's sleep in ages last night after having a nightmare (which for me is rare in the extreme)

Could it be that most people would be returning to their usual routines of college and work?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Poll added.

Have gotten a theory from an astronomer mate that its down to gravitational pull. Weird if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Could it be that most people would be returning to their usual routines of college and work?

I was working over christmas but I think for me it felt more like guhh back to the same oul crap today.

I would have thought college wouldn't start back until next week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭zeusnero

work maybe, though aren't colleges off until the 10th?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I didn't sleep at all! I've been up since 11 yesterday. Now I'm waiting an hour so that I can go into a lecture and wait for an hour for that to finish and then go home and wait till it's late enough to go to sleep without waking up at 11 again.

I heard there was another eclipse last night as well. Perhaps it was the peculiar pulling of the sun/moon in this arrangement on peoples sleeping humours that did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

i had a great nights sleep,:)

but then i had a great workout right before i fell asleep so that could be why :D

zeusnero wrote: »
    work maybe, though aren't colleges off until the 10th?

Some colleges have exams after Christmas. I know I do. Fuppin' exams and fup being in this damn library again!

zuroph wrote: »
    Poll added.

Have gotten a theory from an astronomer mate that its down to gravitational pull. Weird if true.

Queue fapping jokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

ScumLord wrote: »
    Couldn't sleep a wink last night, I wasn't even remotely tired.

Same for me and I am usually an excellent sleeper. I thought it was down to something I ate but couldnt think what. No nightmares or anything, just wide awake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Einstein

I sleep well every night...

It's actually a gift...Can sleep absolutley anywhere, anytime.

Except on planes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

excitement about going back to work.... YAY WORK YEAAAA.... Bstards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'm still in bed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I sort of had a shìt sleep, woke up at 6am on the dot and couldn't get back to sleep.

I got up at 8, had some toast, cursed at the threat of misery that was the drizzling rain but once I got into work I'm sound again............................that may be down to the jugs of coffee I've been having.

I should just buy an IV drip with coffee in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭doradoll

crap nights sleep last night! Kids were awake most of the night!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

chin_grin wrote: »
    Queue fapping jokes.

I don't think we need a queue

OP, most people slept badly because of returning to work, I'd say. Always the way, a bad night's sleep right when you need to get up early.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Slept fine till I brought little fella into bed. Still slept after, just with less bed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Xmas has totally fecked up my body clock, will take a week to get back to a routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Marcia Lustley

had the horrors, dreamt i ate a baby again, not good :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

I had a crap nights sleep, i was still awake two hours after going to bed and i was awake at 5:10am until it was time to get up.

Advertisement