Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleep well last night??

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

This is so weird: I was up early for a round of golf yesterday morning, having been out late the evening before. When I got home from the golf and the big feed at the clubhouse afterwards, I was literally dozing off around 7pm, but stayed awake to watch a film.

Went to bed at 11pm, eyelids drooping and sure I would be out like a light. Two hours later I was still in bed, tired but wide awake wondering what the hell was wrong :confused: And I didn't have work today so it wasn't that my schedule was turning back to normal. I also ended up sleeping till 2pm, which I never do.

Very strange altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

I always sleep well unless if i'm unwell. except last night. kept waking every once in a while. wrecked today. going straight to bed now. good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

It was the equivalent of a Sunday for a lot of people and who can sleep on a Sunday? After the weekend your heart will be pounding like crazy, known as the DT's.

I actually did get a good night sleep surprisingly last night but usually I have major problems,
    here's some of Teddys Tips.
    There are some good stuff you can get to aid your sleep. Kalms can be bought without a prescription or you can try stilnoct with a prescription, but these will give you a bit of a hangover when you wake up.
    They can be hard to wake up from too if you take 10mg + and will probably sleep through your alarm.

For a good sleep try get into a routine, do a few things in the same order every night. No TV or internet an hour before bed.
    Reading is a good way to tire you in the evenings before sleep, even in bed.

Best of luck,
    Teddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I had a terrible night's sleep last night. I barely slept at all. I've been exhausted all day. I'll sleep well tonight though. Unless I don't again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

fcuk facebook...

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭thunderthing

Nope, fell asleep at about 1am woke up at 6, back to sleep at 9 then slept til 2 and have been dying for a nap ever since.

I have an excuse though, i have tonsilitis.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Slept great for the first time in ages actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Meteoric

Was just saying to someone in work anytime I have a week or two off I don't sleep well, imagining stuff that has happened while I was off work, it upset my sleep a couple of times over christmas. Last night however I slept like a baby, probably the first time in 6 years that I slept properly the night before going back to work, was weird but appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

was awake till bout 5am then woke up at 12 and been up ever since. My sleep pattern has been all over the place since the last bad snow we had

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Worst nights sleep EVER last night, my god im shattered this morning. Its deffo not the alignment of the sun/moon or whatever, its going back to work. I went to bed at 11.30pm last night, woke at 1am and basically tossed and turned until nearly 5am. Woke up at 8am feelin like the life had been sucked out of me. The car exhaust also fell off the feckin car so over all a crap start to the day.

Soooo tired.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭dominiquecruz

Seriously, is anyone else still suffering? I havent slept properly in over a week now; when I eventually fall asleep its OK, but it doesnt happen till about 4am these days, and when you've got work at 9 it makes for a miserable day.. Its not just me though, everybody has been saying it to me lately. I dont think its just the post-holiday effect, because I've never had it like this before. Could it be something to do with the change in magnetic field that others have been talking about?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

So badly :( Can't sleep at all if something is on my mind grr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I was at work (and catching glimpses of Boards now and again), so I didn't sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

Haven't been able to sleep properly for ages. same with loads of people i know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

slept grand but my back is killing me since i got up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Slept like a log in deep mud last night ,not a bother:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Leprecunt

I'm still in bed :)

same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

Seriously, is anyone else still suffering? I havent slept properly in over a week now; when I eventually fall asleep its OK, but it doesnt happen till about 4am these days, and when you've got work at 9 it makes for a miserable day.. Its not just me though, everybody has been saying it to me lately. I dont think its just the post-holiday effect, because I've never had it like this before. Could it be something to do with the change in magnetic field that others have been talking about?

I am the same, i never have trouble sleeping but the last 10 days or so i cannot sleep at all, im wide awake for hours and nod off about 6-6.30 then up at 8 for work,its killing me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

terrible nights sleep

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Tis the January blues, and back to work and all that. Havent been sleeping well for the past week nearly. Hope I and everyone else with trouble sleeping can settle soon it sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Did not go to bed until 6am and up at 11am but slept well while I was there. I work shift work so I have no routine really. Im used to surviving on four hours sleep when Im working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

No, no bloody thanks to my housemate :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I thought the poll was about last night and I voted Yes...actually the night in question I slept terribly!!Woke at 2am with a severe anxiety attack, couldn't catch an Zs after that:(

Weird that loads of others didn't sleep well either.

Advertisement