Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Congrats Whispered!! A very Happy Christmas to you and yours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Congratulations to Loughc and Jwacqui - wishing you many years of happiness.

Congratulations Whispered on the birth of your son, a truly blessed early Christmas present. Enjoy every minute with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gidget

Congratulations Whispered on your new arrival :)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭liz lemoncello

Hello. (This is actually my second post in the Christmas forum. I made a rather abrupt one in one of the music threads. :o )

I have always loved Christmas. From a very young age the giving was always very important. I remember how excited I was to pool my money with my sister to get something special. A particular memory is of buying my grandfather his "favourite" chocolate mints. Every year for about five years until we could afford Quality Street. Years later, my grandmother confessed that he never actually liked them; he just made a fuss over receiving them for our sakes.

The magic of giving seems to have passed my brother's children, but my sister's son, aged 10, called me last week to ask what I would like. I now he's excited about shopping for it, wrapping it and making a card. I don't know which of us is more excited, him or me. (I bought him a Doctor Who sonic screwdriver set, which I expect to play with as well. ;) )

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Today is my last day in work for 2 weeks!!! Eeeek!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Me too, flying back to Ireland tonight, I hate flying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Loughc wrote: »
    Today is my last day in work for 2 weeks!!! Eeeek!!! :D

Ugh, jealousy levels at an all time high! :(

I'd say you'll enjoy every minute of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DenMan

Second last day in work today! Roll on Friday! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Hope you have a safe flight home Jude13.

Tis well for ye all finishing work this week. I finish at one o'clock on Tuesday and back on the 5th of January. Counting the hours at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

gypsylee wrote: »

Tis well for ye all finishing work this week. I finish at one o'clock on Tuesday and back on the 5th of January. Counting the hours at this stage.

That's a nice long stretch to have off. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I'm finishing tomorrow and off until 5th January!! YIPPEE!! :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Alicat wrote: »
    Ugh, jealousy levels at an all time high! :(

I'd say you'll enjoy every minute of it :)

I will indeed. I get to kick it off tomorrow with my birthday! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I've just heard the Ronan Keating version of Fairytale of New York playing in a shop.

My Christmas is ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Posy wrote: »
    I've just heard the Ronan Keating version of Fairytale of New York playing in a shop.

My Christmas is ruined.

Noooo!

It's not ruined. We can fix it! Look!

https://twitter.com/OfficialSanta/status/545471951666675712

How am I not following Santa on Twitter? :O

gypsylee wrote: »

Quit yer whingin', I'm finished at 5pm on Wednesday and back in the following Monday! :p

Any other retail workers want to hold hands with me, united in sadness and exhaustion?

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

Alicat wrote:
    Quit yer whingin', I'm finished at 5pm on Wednesday and back in the following Monday! 

yeah, I'm finished college on Wednesday afternoon! :-( My Xmas buzz is gone at this stage :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

what do you think of white xmas trees

tacky, chavy bit common ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭Deenie123

fryup wrote: »

Not a fan myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DenMan

fryup wrote: »

I'm a huge fan of them actually! Think Scandinavia and all the huge forests they have! All dusted in snow. There has to be some green though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Love the green firs absolutely plastered with snow, always stops me in my tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

My fiancé and I don't spend Christmas together so always have a mini Christmas the weekend before. Today is our Christmas day so making a Christmas dinner and having presents and films and games :D

We went out last night and saw White Christmas at a club, I wore a 50s style red dress and a Christmas fascinator, so much fun!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

My fiancé and I don't spend Christmas together so always have a mini Christmas the weekend before. Today is our Christmas day so making a Christmas dinner and having presents and films and games :D

We went out last night and saw White Christmas at a club, I wore a 50s style red dress and a Christmas fascinator, so much fun!

What a great idea. I hope you have a good day.

I almost didn't get up this morning to finish off the rest of my Christmas shopping but I made it into town just about and just after having breakfast. Now standing in a long queue for the atm. I don't have a lot to do and I know what I'm getting so it shouldn't be too bad once I get started. I hope anyways. Debenhams were great. I ordered boxes of wrapping paper of them earlier in the week and they came on Thursday so that's one job of my back today. I got a head start on the grocery shop too and ordered a shop online for delivery last night so that's a bit of my back for Xmas eve.

I'm hoping to stick up the Xmas tree tonight but we'll see. Knowing my luck my phone will start hopping for work later.

Present shopping done! Woohoo! We surprised my bro and his girlfriend at the airport this morning, wearing big Santa Hats and beards, and a big printed canvas of the two of them in Christmas jumpers... Like a bunch of lunatics :D

Chrrrrrristmaaaaaaas!

I was standing in queue for ATM when I wrote last. Got to ATM and my account was cleared. Money all gone. Got onto online banking. Transactions made that I never made. Got onto the bank. My card has been cancelled and details sent to the fraud unit.

And making my way home with nothing.

Oh no! :( That's dreadful! Oh I really feel for you :( How long will it take the bank to reimburse you?

There's a form on the way in the post for me to fill out and to get back. It would be a few weeks anyways.

Missed my bus home and I'm crying my eyes out in a coffee shop.

• Advertisement

I love Christmas so much. It's very important for me. No body knows what the future holds and I like to live it like it's the last. I wanted to make Xmas as good as possible at home for Mam. We've been hit hard with emigration in our family and my mam became a granny from my brother abroad this year. Xmas will be hard on her because there's much of the family away.

I wanted to have movies and goodies in the house for watching during the Xmas together. I was due to go to aldi and lidl today to start on a grocery shop of goodies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement