Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having real trouble staying asleep

Options
  • 15-12-2014 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

Had trouble falling asleep most of my life, not so much these days on account of being absolutely exhausted all the time.

My problem is that I wake up 5-6 times a night. I am going to bed relatively early (8 hours worth) and waking up completely knackered. Like so tired I feel physically sick.

I get up around 7:30 in the morning for work, and I'm home around 18:30 and being so tired is making my job quite difficult as I need to be able to pay attention. In all seriousness I feel like I should be taking some time off because of this, but "i'm tired" is a pathetic excuse.

Temperature seems to be one concern. The room gets absolutely freezing at night, but I'm way too warm to get to sleep if I even wear socks going to bed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Intifada wrote: »
    Had trouble falling asleep most of my life, not so much these days on account of being absolutely exhausted all the time.

My problem is that I wake up 5-6 times a night. I am going to bed relatively early (8 hours worth) and waking up completely knackered. Like so tired I feel physically sick.

I get up around 7:30 in the morning for work, and I'm home around 18:30 and being so tired is making my job quite difficult as I need to be able to pay attention. In all seriousness I feel like I should be taking some time off because of this, but "i'm tired" is a pathetic excuse.

Temperature seems to be one concern. The room gets absolutely freezing at night, but I'm way too warm to get to sleep if I even wear socks going to bed.

Has your sleep improved? Mine has gone to pot! Very very restless nights lately; appetite gone also; feel nausea after meals I do eat so only picking food; have reduced my exercising due to reduced energy and caloric-intake.

Know where it's stemming from having so much on my mind. I do have 4-successive-days off this Sat->Tues incl so Hoping that'll help me get back on track and re-focus. Was off the last 3-days for my Late Loving Dads' 1st Anniversary so head's all over the place tbh.

How is your appetite? Are you exercising enough? Maybe too much on your mind - under pressures perhaps?
    Just pondering,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

I'm not a worrier. The only thing that stresses me is being unable to sleep!

I don't do any exercise but don't see the need since I'm always exhausted anyway.

Have a couple of weeks off now so looking forward to a few lie-ins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Custom Painting

so how is it, did your sleep get better? if not you could try some calming etheric oils (they work for me)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Chrome342

Drinking chamomile tea works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kaloshma

Drink alot of water before going to bed. It really does work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

A visit to your GP should be your first port of call. There may be an underlying medical reason why you are exhausted.

Advertisement