Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand National

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Big Shu fell at the 3rd for me. I normally only bet on the Grand National, but won big with Cheltenham this year so just stuck a tenner on him.

Meh!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Think I have won about €126 for €28 worth of bets, first time in 5 years I have won on this damn race :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

You're the only one on here that picked the winner. Congrats, what did you win?

Ah sure, I only stuck 2 euro on him at 25-1. I'm not really into betting, but I saw his name in the paper and the little description beside him said that he could sneak in and might be worth an each way chance, so I just went and stuck a little bit on him. I'm getting 66.50 in winnings, which is nice! I never win things! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Threw a tenner on Balthazar King at 18/1.

Man.. I should have went e/w :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Down 17euro :( Don't mind too much because I only bet a couple of times a year for the novelty.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,114 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Anyone fancy a Crabbie's?

Thought not!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Chucken wrote: »
    Congratulations :D
    What'll you spend it on?
    Burgers!

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

Even with all the changes to the race it took a tough, tough horse to come out on top. Fine winner, fine winner. Great to hear all the jockeys and horses are ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Up 300.

Happy out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

bnt wrote: »
    Burgers!

Veggie ones I hope ;)

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Unlucky for Across the bay

Yeah, he looked like he was going well. No fault of his own, just got led out by loose horses. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Im a huge racing fan but for me personally the race is losing its appeal..i dont know is it the case that the race is uilt up too much or tne case that it often is a wee it of a farce at times....

But i still had few bets on it

• Registered Users Posts: 72,114 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Some fine-looking steeds there!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Put 100 Eur on 18 or more finishers at 11/10.

Bang on 18 finishers:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

So how much do you win? :eek:

You were probably lucky enough there! It was mayhem out there. I could hardly keep track of whether my horses were still there or not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Chucken wrote: »
    So how much do you win? :eek:

110 Eur. Not bad for a bit of novelty bet for me, researched it for about a hour this morning, had the number at anywhere between 16-19.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

RTE live commentary ....."and chance du roy in fifth"

me : YES!!!!!!!!!!!! woohooo

official result :...... 5th rocky creek..... 6th chance du roy

pipped at the last :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

I never bet but left work early to watch it. Got in the grand national spirit last night by watching a dvd of famous grand nationals down through the years. I could watch the race that Foinavon won over and over again, you couldn't make it up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

It took six post this year before we were subjected to this bullshít.
    MadYaker wrote: »

Tradition is a funny thing. If the Grand National was invented tomorrow it would never be allowed to happen, the animal rights groups would be all over it and politicians would condemn it left right and centre, and they'd be right imo but because its been happening for so long that somehow makes it acceptable? Doesn't make much sense when you think about it.

What kept ye?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Yes! 66.50 coming my way! GET IN.
    Ah sure, I only stuck 2 euro on him at 25-1. I'm not really into betting, but I saw his name in the paper and the little description beside him said that he could sneak in and might be worth an each way chance, so I just went and stuck a little bit on him. I'm getting 66.50 in winnings, which is nice! I never win things! :D

Posts like these put a smile on my face.

It's what the Grand National is all about.

Fair play to you Shins and enjoy your winnings :)