Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scratch Cups 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

i might play in it myself. Is it 36 holes? GUI site says 36 however on their BRS there are times to 2.00, so perhaps its only 18?

Thought it was 36 myself

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Paulusmaximus

just checked, yes it is 36.

just checked, yes it is 36.

Thanks. Have you played the course? What is it like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Great shooting by Conor O'Rourke.

Westmanstown would be worth the (short) trip;)

Played it a few weeks ago and greens were very good so once they are not forked id go for it. The holes can be a bit up and down at times but they made changes a few years back which certainly helped.

Iron off the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

DuckHook wrote: »
    Shot 81 round hollystown off 18 in the minor scratch cup, weird day no birdies but made no mistakes. reckon a nice cut coming my way from 17.7 to about 15 or so.

Net 63 thats some shooting for a Minor Scratch Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Paulusmaximus

Thanks. Have you played the course? What is it like?

haven't played it, same designer as my home club. Might give it a shot, there are a few spots available.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,847 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Got an email earlier on.

Castleknock is having their first ever scratch cups next weekend 17th May.

€30 including dinner after.... how bad!

Don't think I'll be around for it though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Golfer59

Kilcock have a top golfer junior scratch cup on the 17th, which includes 4 h/caps not many letting 4's in. They also have inter and minor the day after.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Birr Junior and Senior scratch on the 18th of May. I'll be heading to it myself :)

Rikand wrote: »
    Birr Junior and Senior scratch on the 18th of May. I'll be heading to it myself :)

Will give that a bash. Like Birr

• Advertisement

18 or 36?. There is nothing on the website

18 or 36?. There is nothing on the website

27 holes.

20 quid entry and a bit of food in the middle, soup and sandwiches i think :)

I'm playing at around 10 with a couple of mates :)

27 holes.

20 quid entry and a bit of food in the middle, soup and sandwiches i think :)

I'm playing at around 10 with a couple of mates :)

I'm playing at half 10 actually. Just checked my text.... Phew, an extra half hour in the leaba :D

Not a great day to be stuck on the hill at Dunmurray

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Not a great day to be stuck on the hill at Dunmurray

Did you play it Rikand?

Ben1977 wrote: »
    Did you play it Rikand?

no, i had a Barton Shield practice in Athlone. A couple of friends of mine went though.

I was judging my comment on the weather we got in Athlone, lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

no, i had a Barton Shield practice in Athlone. A couple of friends of mine went though.

I was judging my comment on the weather we got in Athlone, lol :D

How did they find it off the back sticks in that wind and rain. Passed the course at 6 yesterday evening and was blowing hard. Think 78 won it

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭paulos53

Booking for Tralee Intermediate scratch cup has just opened and is filling fast.

Myself and Recycled are booked in for 12:00

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

paulos53 wrote: »
    Booking for Tralee Intermediate scratch cup has just opened and is filling fast.

Myself and Recycled are booked in for 12:00

AHHH not sure yet if i'll have hurlin champ that day or not!!
    If i book a slot and need to cancel closer to the time? Whats the story?

Some amount of slots gone in 27 mins : )

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭paulos53

When I booked it said the payment was non-refundable but I don't know how strictly they enforce that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Booked. Fairly full already!!

paulos53 wrote: »
    When I booked it said the payment was non-refundable but I don't know how strictly they enforce that.

Booked myself a slot at 12.30pm. Fingers crossed I can make it.
    Anyone on here booked for 12.30pm?

fearruanua wrote: »
    Anyone on here booked for 12.30pm?

Nope, booked for the evening. Hope it's a great sunset.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭ballyk

Nope, booked for the evening. Hope it's a great sunset.

Booked in at 12.10.

Ben1977 wrote: »
    How did they find it off the back sticks in that wind and rain. Passed the course at 6 yesterday evening and was blowing hard. Think 78 won it

it didn't go so well for them, lol. A couple of NR's ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭millerj

Mitchelstown Intermediate and Minor scratch cups on this Saturday and Sunday. Timesheets for both days reasonably free so you could pretty much get close to your preferred time easy enough. Weather too is to be good so really looking forward to it. One of my favourite courses in Cork and a hidden gem although it sometimes does not get the plaudits due to the more well known courses. Nice test of golf with a very welcoming feel to the place.

millerj wrote: »
    Mitchelstown Intermediate and Minor scratch cups on this Saturday and Sunday. Timesheets for both days reasonably free so you could pretty much get close to your preferred time easy enough. Weather too is to be good so really looking forward to it. One of my favourite courses in Cork and a hidden gem although it sometimes does not get the plaudits due to the more well known courses. Nice test of golf with a very welcoming feel to the place.

Looking forward to this. Ever since they brought in the extra greenkeepers the place is in great nick.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Freemount09

I have never played a scratch cup, but got a slot in Tralee so looking forward to that in a few weeks ! Haven't played Mitchelstown in a while so I'm gonna sign up for this too ! Thanks miller !

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭cjfitz

fearruanua wrote: »

If you are unable to make your slot I would gladly buy it off u. I missed the boat :( however, ballybunion old course this sunday :)

• Advertisement

cjfitz wrote: »
    If you are unable to make your slot I would gladly buy it off u. I missed the boat :( however, ballybunion old course this sunday :)

As I said cj, I not sure yet. it all depends on the gaa. Prob won't know for sure until the tuesday of that week if I have a match or not on the saturday. (the joys of the gaa)
    anyway it's all yours if I can't make it.

Advertisement