Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scratch Cups 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

18 or 36?. There is nothing on the website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

18 or 36?. There is nothing on the website

27 holes.

20 quid entry and a bit of food in the middle, soup and sandwiches i think :)

I'm playing at around 10 with a couple of mates :)

Rikand wrote: »
    27 holes.

20 quid entry and a bit of food in the middle, soup and sandwiches i think :)

I'm playing at around 10 with a couple of mates :)

I'm playing at half 10 actually. Just checked my text.... Phew, an extra half hour in the leaba :D

Not a great day to be stuck on the hill at Dunmurray

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Not a great day to be stuck on the hill at Dunmurray

Did you play it Rikand?

Ben1977 wrote: »
    Did you play it Rikand?

no, i had a Barton Shield practice in Athlone. A couple of friends of mine went though.

I was judging my comment on the weather we got in Athlone, lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

no, i had a Barton Shield practice in Athlone. A couple of friends of mine went though.

I was judging my comment on the weather we got in Athlone, lol :D

How did they find it off the back sticks in that wind and rain. Passed the course at 6 yesterday evening and was blowing hard. Think 78 won it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭paulos53

Booking for Tralee Intermediate scratch cup has just opened and is filling fast.

Myself and Recycled are booked in for 12:00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

paulos53 wrote: »
    Booking for Tralee Intermediate scratch cup has just opened and is filling fast.

Myself and Recycled are booked in for 12:00

AHHH not sure yet if i'll have hurlin champ that day or not!!
    If i book a slot and need to cancel closer to the time? Whats the story?

Some amount of slots gone in 27 mins : )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭paulos53

When I booked it said the payment was non-refundable but I don't know how strictly they enforce that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Booked. Fairly full already!!

paulos53 wrote: »
    When I booked it said the payment was non-refundable but I don't know how strictly they enforce that.

Booked myself a slot at 12.30pm. Fingers crossed I can make it.
    Anyone on here booked for 12.30pm?

fearruanua wrote: »
    Anyone on here booked for 12.30pm?

Nope, booked for the evening. Hope it's a great sunset.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

Nope, booked for the evening. Hope it's a great sunset.

Booked in at 12.10.

Ben1977 wrote: »
    How did they find it off the back sticks in that wind and rain. Passed the course at 6 yesterday evening and was blowing hard. Think 78 won it

it didn't go so well for them, lol. A couple of NR's ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭millerj

Mitchelstown Intermediate and Minor scratch cups on this Saturday and Sunday. Timesheets for both days reasonably free so you could pretty much get close to your preferred time easy enough. Weather too is to be good so really looking forward to it. One of my favourite courses in Cork and a hidden gem although it sometimes does not get the plaudits due to the more well known courses. Nice test of golf with a very welcoming feel to the place.

millerj wrote: »
    Mitchelstown Intermediate and Minor scratch cups on this Saturday and Sunday. Timesheets for both days reasonably free so you could pretty much get close to your preferred time easy enough. Weather too is to be good so really looking forward to it. One of my favourite courses in Cork and a hidden gem although it sometimes does not get the plaudits due to the more well known courses. Nice test of golf with a very welcoming feel to the place.

Looking forward to this. Ever since they brought in the extra greenkeepers the place is in great nick.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Freemount09

I have never played a scratch cup, but got a slot in Tralee so looking forward to that in a few weeks ! Haven't played Mitchelstown in a while so I'm gonna sign up for this too ! Thanks miller !

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭cjfitz

If you are unable to make your slot I would gladly buy it off u. I missed the boat :( however, ballybunion old course this sunday :)

• Advertisement

cjfitz wrote: »
    If you are unable to make your slot I would gladly buy it off u. I missed the boat :( however, ballybunion old course this sunday :)

As I said cj, I not sure yet. it all depends on the gaa. Prob won't know for sure until the tuesday of that week if I have a match or not on the saturday. (the joys of the gaa)
    anyway it's all yours if I can't make it.

As I said cj, I not sure yet. it all depends on the gaa. Prob won't know for sure until the tuesday of that week if I have a match or not on the saturday. (the joys of the gaa)
    anyway it's all yours if I can't make it.

Not a bother hopefully u will get to play in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭peepee

Anyone know when this is on

Will give that a bash. Like Birr

will we see you there Sunday ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

will we see you there Sunday ? :)

Going to play Headford instead. Entered this morning.

Played Mitchelstown today, good bit of work being done to get it in top shape. Not a member there was 3 years ago. Well worth €20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭big_drive

June bank holiday weekend in Cork is good for Junior Scratch cups

Saturday- Douglas
    Sunday- Fota
    Monday- Blarney

And Fota is on the Deerpark course, obviously should be in serious condition as Irish open will only be 3 weeks later!

Going to play Headford instead. Entered this morning.

Ahhh! Enjoy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

Kilcock G.C. scratch cups on this weekend - Sat 17th and Sun 18th May.

Saturday - Junior scratch cup. Handicaps 4 to 9. Still a few openings in the morning.

Sunday - Intermediate, Handicaps 10 to 17. and Minor, handicaps 18+. Openings mostly later in the day.

€20 for visitors.

Here's the link: http://www.brsgolf.com/kilcock/opens_home.php

Course is in good shape and the greens are the best the have been in years so should be a good weekend.

(Also I'm defending the Intermediate Cup!!) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Booked in for Ballybunion Old on Sunday, first time playing there so can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Intermediate, Junior and Minor Scratch Cups in Moate next weekend. Anyone feels like booking in let me know via PM I can save you a phone call :-)

• Advertisement

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Booked in for Ballybunion Old on Sunday, first time playing there so can't wait.

Well, how did ya get on yid? Windy enough I'd say.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

It's a small world! Did you happen to play with a Forest fan and a Newcastle fan ;)

Well, how did ya get on yid? Windy enough I'd say.

It was fair windy and the rough was punishing, I shot a 95 and still finished in the top half of the field which will show how tough it was playing.
    It's a small world! Did you happen to play with a Forest fan and a Newcastle fan ;)

Haha that is a good one :D Is this the Forest fan or Newcastle fan? How was the food in the clubhouse afterwards? :)

It was a very enjoyable day on the links apart from the scoring, was great to meet you both. Funnily enough boards never came up in the conversation the whole day.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I'm the Forest fan! I never read your post until today and I was like Spurs fan...has to be him :D

I thought you would have been there or thereabout as you were going well for a long time.

Where did you see the results?

I'm the Forest fan! I never read your post until today and I was like Spurs fan...has to be him :D

I thought you would have been there or thereabout as you were going well for a long time.

Where did you see the results?

Yeah I made a mess of the back nine alright. Ballybunion sent me a link to the results via email, the winning score was 78 which was great shooting and as I predicted he was a home member.

Played Mitchelstown yesterday morning. At the time 79 was winning the intermediate and 92 minor. All I know is I played muck. Last scratch apart from Tralee I'm playing this year!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Yeah I made a mess of the back nine alright. Ballybunion sent me a link to the results via email, the winning score was 78 which was great shooting and as I predicted he was a home member.

That's gas. I was the other protagonist in the 3 ball. 78 was mad I thought considering how tough the rough was. But as you said only a member or someone had played the course regularly could come in with that kind of score.
    I had +10 in my head would win it. Which was good enough for second I guess so not that far off.
    Cheers for the round anyway really enjoyed it even though the driving didn't give me any chances. :-/

kiers47 wrote: »
    That's gas. I was the other protagonist in the 3 ball. 78 was mad I thought considering how tough the rough was. But as you said only a member or someone had played the course regularly could come in with that kind of score.
    I had +10 in my head would win it. Which was good enough for second I guess so not that far off.
    Cheers for the round anyway really enjoyed it even though the driving didn't give me any chances. :-/

Is gas alright, small world as Keano said :)

Does anyone know if Waterville have scratch cups?

It's a course I want to play sometime but I haven't seen any open fixtures there

Playing in Roscommon scratcher tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

big_drive wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Waterville have scratch cups?

It's a course I want to play sometime but I haven't seen any open fixtures there
    No Scratch Cups, but two invitational weekends every year in June, you left it a bit late to book it, but give Daragh a call and he might have a few slots available. Try here and click on the document at the top of the page.

started off great in roscommon junior scratch, was -1 for 7 holes and then proceeded to tank it completely.

one nice thing though i was playing with the guy who won the senior scratch :)

Anyone playing Lee Valley junior scratch today?

Due out there later this week, just wondering what condition it's in at moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

any result from hollystown senior scratch?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Moggaman

Any result for junior scratch cup in ballybunion today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

June 1st there is a Junior Scratch cup in The Heath near Portlaoise) 27 holes

Junior Scratch in Blarney next Monday 2nd June

Junior cup on there first weekend of July so a chance to get in a bit of practice on the course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Moggaman wrote: »
    Any result for junior scratch cup in ballybunion today?

Results here.

cjfitz wrote: »
    Not a bother hopefully u will get to play in it

I have hurling champ sat cj so if you are still interested in that slot for the inter scratch cup in tralee?? send me a PM.

• Advertisement

PM sent, thanks.

Advertisement