Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Thought I would share this here, was at the big Centra petrol station on the dock road today, parked at the side car park, was sitting in the car when one of limericks bleach blond tracksuit wearing beauties came towards here car with here wild animal of a child. In between calling her 4 year old son every name under the sun, she hopped her door off of my car. So like anyone I looked at her and before I could say a word I was told to f*** off and get over myself and that the car was only a ball od sh** anyway. Only in Limerick but funny depending on your sense of humour

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Did you take her registration number? That counts as damage to your car. Ony not funny depending on how much you care about your car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

kilburn wrote: »
    I was told to f*** off and get over myself and that the car was only a ball od sh** anyway.
    No doubt she was driving a nicer car than you, tis a great oul country isn't it?

There is a brand new 11 passat being driven around by complete skobes, all the windows are tinted and there is a beautiful "PASSAT" written on the back window - just in case you dont know what car it is.

Other than that - its a really nice car

• Advertisement

The Passat is now officially the skanger chariot of choice.
    Sales of Toyata 'Ventisis and large rear windscreen Toyato logos must be at an all-time low...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Audi A4's and Passats have fallen to the scum in Limerick. Thankfully though they have decided to ruin them by putting crazy crap all over them.

In Kileely there is a 2011 Insignia which was recently destroyed with some 20" Chrome Alloys.

On another note. Is everybody looking forward to the Insulation Company Parade aka St Patricks Day Parade?

Another chance to see the Limerick tranny's on a float too - scary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Berty wrote: »
    On another note. Is everybody looking forward to the Insulation Company Parade aka St Patricks Day Parade?
    Mc Love wrote: »
    Another chance to see the Limerick tranny's on a float too - scary!

Awww, I hate being new to Limerick & not getting the insider jokes :(

• Advertisement

You will get them tomorrow if you go to the parade! If its the same as last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

http://www.amazon.com/Gag-Gifts-Instant-Accent-Breath/dp/B0002IYQLO/ref=pd_sim_dbs_misc_3

For our Non Irish friendly's that want to blend in on
    Paddy's day.

Top of the mornin 2 ya!
    ~B

Awww, I hate being new to Limerick & not getting the insider jokes :(

The parade can have a lot of companies driving their poxy vans and trucks in the parade advertising their company.

Last year the big show was from an Insulation company. Why would parents want to bring their kids to see these guys. Heck, they knock on your door selling their products as it is anyway so bring them to the door to see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

just back from the "parade", or what was more like a backed up traffic jam of commercial vehicles. very poor effort, and thats really saying something when the "highlight" of the parade were the limerick belly dancers! :D didnt see that one coming! :confused:

no carnival atmosphere whatsoever, for a city the size of limerick, seriously bad showing! :(

Just drove into town and sititng here outside Johns Hospital. Is St Patricks day specifically a day(other than Halloween) where girls dress up/down as complete trash slugging cans of cheap beer and cider wandering the streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

I was in the parade and just couldn't wait for it to finish - up at the barracks at 11 but standing around freezing til well after one - one of the more badly organized ones imho from some of the past ones too. It was like a traffic jam all the way down o connell street

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

All us fair weather mountain bikers are back out again in force :) ,anyone who is interested popping along with me on a Monday or Tuesday is very welcome.

Ballyhoura btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

All us fair weather mountain bikers are back out again in force :) ,anyone who is interested popping along with me on a Monday or Tuesday is very welcome.

Ballyhoura btw

had the bike out for a blast last weekend.....must get on the hills again big time...

The weather has been good for it,I'm trying to get down there every Sunday but everyone else works Mondays and Tuesdays but I don't!

The weather has been good for it
    Gutted I didn't take today off, must get out there this weekend now...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Guys I was thinking of getting a bike for exploring / getting around a bit. Nothing too fancy! I have not got a clue wher eto start though... Any tips before I call into Unicycle out in UL? I don't want them to hoodwink me and I truest ye Limerick kids to set me straight. I could spend up to about €500 max including locks / accessories etc. - would this be enough?

Guys I was thinking of getting a bike for exploring / getting around a bit. Nothing too fancy! I have not got a clue wher eto start though... Any tips before I call into Unicycle out in UL? I don't want them to hoodwink me and I truest ye Limerick kids to set me straight. I could spend up to about €500 max including locks / accessories etc. - would this be enough?

Yeah,that's plenty.You could always go down the 2nd hand route either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

eclectic - call into John in Siopa rothar (PM me if ya want some advice re bikes)

If it wasnt for work id be out in Ballyhoura for sure on Monday. Savage weather for gettin out on the bike. Time for some nice long weekend spins again for me.

Cant Fault John either my Giant came from there sound bunch of lads who know there stuff

Electric check out the cycling forum here on boards..i picked up my road bike form a boardsie for peanuts for the spec....

Post a wanted thread in there for sale section and youd never know.

Frankly Im looking to upgrade my bike. Its a Hybrid. Paid €400 for it and has hardly much use. Currently hooked up to a indoor trainer in my kitchen(doesnt get much use either). As new. PM me.

Will throw in Lights, Lock, Bike Rack, Mud Guards for a knock down price. 19" Frame. As new!

i had this idea today for mountain biking and steaks...but i got distracted and cant remember where i was going with it....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

i had this idea today for mountain biking and steaks...but i got distracted and cant remember where i was going with it....

Posting about it here was a rubbish idea, tbh... :pac:

Posting about it here was a rubbish idea, tbh... :pac:

I know...i really dont know where i was going with it....ill ask over in fitness...they are cool over there...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'll start posting there again soon. It'll make ye all seem even cooler in comparison.

• Advertisement

back rolling anytime soon?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement