Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Official Server

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Well, this is embarrassing. Sorry about that.

Not really the new method of whitelisting is only a day old :). Welcome to the boards servers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SlowPokeDerp

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Not really the new method of whitelisting is only a day old :). Welcome to the boards servers :D

eo9G7.jpg

Boy oh boy ._.

EDIT: Just deleted the .techniclauncher folder and am downloading everything again, seeing if that helps.

Your posting this in the wrong thread, this is the faction server, you want the tekkit one.

Also to fix that do this.

open the tekkit launcher, click Options and select Manual Build Selection, then choose 3.1.2| 1.2.5|Latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Will the test server be going up again tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tiptopgolfy

Will the test server be going up again tonight?

I hope the server will be back on tonight!
    I am so excited about 1.3 I think I might have a heart attack!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

The bit we played last night was awesome. The factions feel like they're gonna add a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tiptopgolfy

Roorah wrote: »
    The bit we played last night was awesome. The factions feel like they're gonna add a bit

Indeed its ups there on my top ten list of Minecraft experiences

The factions test server is back on.

Will the common glitches used on faction servers be a bannable offence?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

I would assume they fall under the 'Don't be a dick' rule. Give me some examples of the glitches?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Anyone coming on for some faction testing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Is there a faction server up?

Been dying to play some since I heard boards was going to have one.

Is there a faction server up?

Been dying to play some since I heard boards was going to have one.

Yeah there's a temporary one up that we're testing plugins on. Once everything is stable we'll start it properly.

The war between MnC and AWE has come to a peaceful end! Rejoice! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

ITCarlow was crushed. An overwhelming victory.

Civilian Casualties:
    Dinty

When the test server is finished would it be a good idea to have a grace period for a day or two to get the factions together, build a base and gather resources.

then after the two days have pvp enabled and start the blood shed ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8 7up_feast

so is this a temp map only?
    7up

• Registered Users Posts: 23 niallmcs

Yea its only temp

• Registered Users Posts: 8 7up_feast

Ok,so over the raiding i dont see why some people (i wont name) made such a big fuss over some peolple glitching through a door .I hope this wont be the case on the permanent server ,as people wanted other people banned
    7up

7up_feast wrote: »
    Ok,so over the raiding i dont see why some people (i wont name) made such a big fuss over some peolple glitching through a door .I hope this wont be the case on the permanent server ,as people wanted other people banned
    7up

Abusing glitches to get past enemy defences is annoying, And should be punishable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Abusing glitches to get past enemy defences is annoying, And should be punishable.
    To reiterate what dec said..
    deconduo wrote: »

I would assume they fall under the 'Don't be a dick' rule. Give me some examples of the glitches?
    So yeah, abusing glitches is bad m'kay?

I am led to believe this server is a test. To try find all glitches? Does this mean bans should be handed out for glitches on a test server? Besides we all know it is temporary, therefore there is no real consequences, as compared to the finished thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 aodhoneachtain

This one for Farcheal

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

The person accused of the glitching didnt even go through the door guys, I'm putting it down to the lag everyone was affected by last night. I saw the people inside moving over the pressure plate before rubber-banding back to the rear of the room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

For The aforementioned incident 7up is referring to, Whilst we were assaulting AWE's fortress, they took refuge in a safe room inside their citadel. I had right click on the door about 3 things tops before It dawned on me that we couldn't open the doors of other factions. I proceeded to leave the door and assumed Aod was opening it to kill my teammates.

However later aodhan accused me of exploiting a glitch to get inside. I did not abuse such a glitch, and had I been abusing one, I wouldn't have just sat around his fort for about half an hour waiting for the battle to change, I would surely have glitched inside.

NOW lets get started on not being a dick. We were at war with AWE last night. However before retiring to sleep, I had made a truce with Aod and thus changed our setting to Neutral. Aodhan then proceeded earlier this morning to come on and claim our base. How is this not being a dick? we had signed a truce, yet he abused it. Surely this is a "glitch"

And note, he is attempting to troll us given the video above

EDIT: I had left the door alone as I assumed it was the same with lockettes, in which you can't get in

meme-01673643adbc95cd163ea4af8123e6f2_h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

ITCarlow was crushed. An overwhelming victory.

Civilian Casualties:
    Dinty

Yes yes IT Carlow was attacked and base taken over.... Pretty easy do considering we set up an hour before hand and had a mere cobble wall surrounding..... unlike MNC who had enchanted/enhanced armor and weapons and were well established.... Well done gents.

Also, I'd like to vouch for the removal of obisidian.

Obsidian can't be destroyed through any means due to block protection. Its not fair that someone can just fortify their base essentially forever. Tnt cannons are used to blow down base defences in a stalemate however they cannot blow down obsidian.

Tnt cannons in my opinion are perfectly acceptable, you must work to gain the resources to make them, and that's not the easiest or quickest task. These cannons need to be carefully placed to work, for example we had 3 misfires last night.

However, they cannot break the strongest material in the game. This does not mean they demolish forts easily, no they punch a hole in a wall which allows the attackers to enter.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Oh dear... This real map is going to interesting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭Jinbakrdi

Can I be re-whitelisted please?

Cheers

All's fair in love and war.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 crazymonky

Hi my name on Minecraft is bernardodivinci. I used to be on the server but had not logged in for a month or so. Could I please be white listed, Thank you.

Farcheal wrote: »
    Also, I'd like to vouch for the removal of obisidian.

Obsidian can't be destroyed through any means due to block protection. Its not fair that someone can just fortify their base essentially forever. Tnt cannons are used to blow down base defences in a stalemate however they cannot blow down obsidian.

Tnt cannons in my opinion are perfectly acceptable, you must work to gain the resources to make them, and that's not the easiest or quickest task. These cannons need to be carefully placed to work, for example we had 3 misfires last night.

However, they cannot break the strongest material in the game. This does not mean they demolish forts easily, no they punch a hole in a wall which allows the attackers to enter.

If someone can invest the time it takes to mine obsidian then they deserve the defence it gives.

I am pretty sure the admins said that various items(TNT, Ladders etc) might be placeable within enemy lands when the server goes live for real which means you can blow open the enemy doors, Scale their walls and such.

I would agree with your point, so long as the base is able to be penetrated, however, someone could still lock themselves in an obsidian room, and nothing could be done about that, due to block protection.

Comparing TNT and Obsidian is wrong in my view, they are completely different. You can glitch the game to create Obsidian, however this cannot be done with TNT. TNT has a very small life span, and once ignited is gone, it can be destroyed. Obsidian Cannot be destroyed due to block protection within an enemy base.

Whitelist requests go here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056717312

Obsidian is fine. If someone locks themselves in an obsidian room, you can:

-Wait them out
    -Give up
    -Kill their faction members and claim the land

• Advertisement

Obsidian is fine. If someone locks themselves in an obsidian room, you can:

-Wait them out
    -Give up
    -Kill their faction members and claim the land

What if all their faction members are in said room. Even all online ones?

Don't think you should just be able to hide in a box like.

What if all their faction members are in said room. Even all online ones?

Don't think you should just be able to hide in a box like.

What's the difference between an entire faction hiding in an obsidian room and an entire faction being offline? They can't do anything either way.

What's the difference between an entire faction hiding in an obsidian room and an entire faction being offline? They can't do anything either way.

What I am trying to say is, that in my opinion it kills the spirit of things. It's fun to be in a rush to kill your enemies, claim their land and blow down their walls. However them sitting in a wee box ruins it. Think of it like this, say 7 people raid the base of a faction with 2 members. Those 2 members don't even have to fight them. At the first sign of trouble they can just hide inside their box, screw fighting altogether.

And NOBODY will sit and wait until the people have decided to come out of their hole. chances are the obsidian room is their safe room, with a large stock of food. People will get bored and leave after about half an hour of standing around at nothing.

Think of it like this, say 7 people raid the base of a faction with 2 members. Those 2 members don't even have to fight them. At the first sign of trouble they can just log off, screw fighting altogether.

What's the difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

So is TNT allowed like mentioned. People were saying that it couldn't be placed in other factions land.

• Advertisement

What's the difference?

Thats not what I said

Thats not what I said

I know, I was trying to point out the difference...

Put it this way?

-You raid faction A. They hide in an obsidian room until you leave. They can't mine/build/raid/etc.

-You raid faction B. They log off. They can't mine/build/raid/etc.

What's the difference between the two scenarios? How is hiding in an obsidian room worse than logging off? Unless you plan to ban people from logging off during raids, I see no reason to ban obsidian.

Hiding within the room increases their power. However being logged off decreases it, therefore there is a difference. If you get stuck, you cannot teleport, due to them being within 32 Blocks. There are differences Dec.

Also I ask, is there an actual need for obsidian. It does not help factions, however draws away from the fun. You yourself were complaining about overpowered items on the tekkit server. In regard to factions, obsidian is overpowered. As when used along with block protection, it cannot move.

niallmcs wrote: »
    Hiding within the room increases their power. However being logged off decreases it, therefore there is a difference. If you get stuck, you cannot teleport, due to them being within 32 Blocks. There are differences Dec.

Also I ask, is there an actual need for obsidian. It does not help factions, however draws away from the fun. You yourself were complaining about overpowered items on the tekkit server. In regard to factions, obsidian is overpowered. As when used along with block protection, it cannot move.

-Being logged on will increase power, but you won't lose power when you are logged off.

-Teleporting will not be allowed anyway.

-Unless you have actually had problems with it, you can't say obsidian is overpowered. It might be, it might not, its way too early to tell.

-If it turns out that it is overpowered we'll deal with it then.

Have you guys edited the plugin?
    I read on the MassiveCraft Guide (People who make the plugin) that:
    Every player has “power”. The power can at most be 10 and at least be -10. If you die you lose 2 power. Note that it doesn’t matter at all how you die. You can be killed by an enemy or drown in sand. In either case you will lose 2 power. The power will be restored over time, but only while the player is online; while offline, their power will not regenerate. It takes 5 min for 1 power to be restored while online. You will also lose 1 power for every 24 hours offline. Note that these values are all just the defaults, and can be changed as desired.
    Source: http://massivecraft.com/plugins/factions

If you guys have edited this, could you please make people aware, because I have not seen this information on this forum.

niallmcs wrote: »
    Have you guys edited the plugin?
    I read on the MassiveCraft Guide (People who make the plugin) that:

If you guys have edited this, could you please make people aware, because I have not seen this information on this forum.

Thats just the default config. For the test server its true, but for the real thing there will be lots of changes. The power loss while offline will almost certainly be one of them.

Thats just the default config. For the test server its true, but for the real thing there will be lots of changes. The power loss while offline will almost certainly be one of them.

Can we get any idea of what these changes will be?

If we can place tnt in faction land, That would be alright :D

Jeez as good as MC is you'd think they'd fix this persistent login issue. It's incompetence at this stage.

Jeez as good as MC is you'd think they'd fix this persistent login issue. It's incompetence at this stage.

I didn't know what was happening, i tried to login to play factions. Failed

Right so i'll play tekkit . Failed :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement